Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Which chapter in DR2 was your least favorite

Chapter 1
0
No votes
Chapter 2
1
5%
Chapter 3
9
47%
Chapter 4
8
42%
Chapter 5
0
No votes
Chapter 6
1
5%
 
Total votes: 19

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby blizdi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:05 am

Yes, although it is very simple in DR1 to decide a "worst chapter," I think it's much harder to decide a bad chapter in the second game, due to it not being overly obvious, or atleast an (mostly) successful attempt at misleading to a false conclusion.

As for me, I like them all, I would have picked chapter 1, but the "AVRIL LAVIGNE" and Teruteru's broken speech bumped it up to second worst (although, the worst doesn't necessarily mean bad).


I'd have to go with 3... because it killed off Ibuki (I'm really grasping to find a flaw in a case)

I look forward to seeing your choices and reasoning! :| :D :lol:
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby burai97 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:22 am

again, by far, chapter 3. my issues with chapter 3 all revolve around a particular characters death.
Spoiler:
Ibuki never had to die in the game. her death was completely situational and cold have been anybody else on the island. Tsumiki kills Ibuki in particular simply because she was at the hospital due to them both having the despair fever. the only thing i think Danganronpa 1 did better than dr2 was that nobody died like this in the 1st game, they all had a reason other than "just because" to either murder or be murdered. it can also become obvious who the killer is because she does the autopsy for Ibuki and that didn't match up with what you could find out from her body and she had been spot on in the 2 previous murders before that.
Image

User avatar
Ryuuki
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 101
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Ryuuki » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:08 am

burai97 wrote:again, by far, chapter 3. my issues with chapter 3 all revolve around a particular characters death.
Spoiler:
Ibuki never had to die in the game. her death was completely situational and cold have been anybody else on the island. Tsumiki kills Ibuki in particular simply because she was at the hospital due to them both having the despair fever. the only thing i think Danganronpa 1 did better than dr2 was that nobody died like this in the 1st game, they all had a reason other than "just because" to either murder or be murdered. it can also become obvious who the killer is because she does the autopsy for Ibuki and that didn't match up with what you could find out from her body and she had been spot on in the 2 previous murders before that.


SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
You can't blame Tsumiki for killing Ibuki. I understand your feelings for Ibuki, she's really a great character but I can't think Chapter 3 it's the worst just because she's died. Chapter 3 is one of best for me. In it we see the true form of SHSL Despair (or Ultimate Despair) for the first time. And if Ibuki were at the place Tsumiki she would have done the same thing.

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby blizdi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:14 am

Ryuuki wrote:
burai97 wrote:again, by far, chapter 3. my issues with chapter 3 all revolve around a particular characters death.
Spoiler:
Ibuki never had to die in the game. her death was completely situational and cold have been anybody else on the island. Tsumiki kills Ibuki in particular simply because she was at the hospital due to them both having the despair fever. the only thing i think Danganronpa 1 did better than dr2 was that nobody died like this in the 1st game, they all had a reason other than "just because" to either murder or be murdered. it can also become obvious who the killer is because she does the autopsy for Ibuki and that didn't match up with what you could find out from her body and she had been spot on in the 2 previous murders before that.


SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
You can't blame Tsumiki for killing Ibuki. I understand your feelings for Ibuki, she's really a great character but I can't think Chapter 3 it's the worst just because she's died. Chapter 3 is one of best for me. In it we see the true form of SHSL Despair (or Ultimate Despair) for the first time. And if Ibuki were at the place Tsumiki she would have done the same thing.


I am not blaming it on the REASONS Ibuki died, just the fact that she did.
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
burai97
Majin
Majin
Posts: 163
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:59 pm
Location: Louisville, Kentucky

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby burai97 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:45 am

Ryuuki wrote:
burai97 wrote:again, by far, chapter 3. my issues with chapter 3 all revolve around a particular characters death.
Spoiler:
Ibuki never had to die in the game. her death was completely situational and cold have been anybody else on the island. Tsumiki kills Ibuki in particular simply because she was at the hospital due to them both having the despair fever. the only thing i think Danganronpa 1 did better than dr2 was that nobody died like this in the 1st game, they all had a reason other than "just because" to either murder or be murdered. it can also become obvious who the killer is because she does the autopsy for Ibuki and that didn't match up with what you could find out from her body and she had been spot on in the 2 previous murders before that.


SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
You can't blame Tsumiki for killing Ibuki. I understand your feelings for Ibuki, she's really a great character but I can't think Chapter 3 it's the worst just because she's died. Chapter 3 is one of best for me. In it we see the true form of SHSL Despair (or Ultimate Despair) for the first time. And if Ibuki were at the place Tsumiki she would have done the same thing.

Spoiler:
my issue was more that ibuki died for almost no reason and not that tsumiki killed her. the one thing that makes me even like this chapter slightly was tsumiki reverting back to her ultimate despair state.

I thought the most boring chapter was 4 for the most part. the main reason why i liked 4 more than 3 was because
Spoiler:
you got to switch protagonists and be komaeda for a bit.
Image

User avatar
Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:48 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Kuzuryuu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:43 am

I think probably Chapter 4 would be my least favorite chapter in the whole game. It just didn't interest me all that much and it wasn't bad just didn't grasp me like all the other chapters did. I enjoyed it but when compared with all the other chapters it was by far my least favorite.
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:06 am

Ryuuki wrote:SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
You can't blame Tsumiki for killing Ibuki. I understand your feelings for Ibuki, she's really a great character but I can't think Chapter 3 it's the worst just because she's died. Chapter 3 is one of best for me. In it we see the true form of SHSL Despair (or Ultimate Despair) for the first time. And if Ibuki were at the place Tsumiki she would have done the same thing.


SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
And this is precisely the issue I have with the fans that dislike Tsumiki just because she killed Ibuki. Personally I don't think you should ever dislike a character just because they killed another character you liked. Especially in this case as anyone else would have done the same thing. (with the exception of Nanami).


This is a difficult one but I will go with Chapter 2 because
Spoiler:
I never really liked Kuzuryuu and this case just made me dislike him even more. He didn't tell Peko how he truly felt about her until her last moments so she kept thinking she was a tool for him to use. I really wished that Saionji was the one who survived till the end instead of this prick.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:21 am

Chapter 3 disappointed me :l

Ibuki's death just felt thrown in. The culprit was obvious.
The Climax Inference was somewhat rushed and didn't even show the victims getting murdered.

By the way I don't hate Tsumiki just throwing that out there. Anyone could've gotten the despair fever she did

Tsumiki in Despair mode was cool I have to say.

I would've loved it if Ibuki was the killer and seeing her as SHSL Despair c:
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Polar
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 414
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:13 am
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Polar » Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:35 pm

I didn't really dislike any of the chapters in this game but if I had to choose it would probably be Chapter 4. I still liked but not as much as the others.

I did have some problems with Chapter 3, mainly the class trial:

Chapter 3 Spoilers
Spoiler:
My biggest problem was that no one bothered to discuss what killed Saionji. Yeah, it would of made little difference to the case but it just bugs me how they overlooked it. The whole class trial just seemed kind of rushed to me.
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:05 pm

Polar wrote:Chapter 3 Spoilers
Spoiler:
My biggest problem was that no one bothered to discuss what killed Saionji. Yeah, it would of made little difference to the case but it just bugs me how they overlooked it. The whole class trial just seemed kind of rushed to me.


Spoiler:
Just to clarify in case you don't know this but Saionji being killed at this point was a last minute decision by the makers which is why part of the third case trial seems incomplete. Originally Kuzuryuu was the one who was supposed to die instead of Saionji, however they suddenly decided to change plans because they didn't want a repeat of Ishimaru in DR1, though I feel killing Saionji is similar anyway.

Prove of this is in the final chapter investigation when they find a picture of Saionji looking older then she appears to be and I believe Saionji was going to confirm these suspicions herself in the final trail.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby blizdi » Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:42 pm

Mirai wrote:
Polar wrote:Chapter 3 Spoilers
Spoiler:
My biggest problem was that no one bothered to discuss what killed Saionji. Yeah, it would of made little difference to the case but it just bugs me how they overlooked it. The whole class trial just seemed kind of rushed to me.


Spoiler:
Just to clarify in case you don't know this but Saionji being killed at this point was a last minute decision by the makers which is why part of the third case trial seems incomplete. Originally Kuzuryuu was the one who was supposed to die instead of Saionji, however they suddenly decided to change plans because they didn't want a repeat of Ishimaru in DR1, though I feel killing Saionji is similar anyway.

Prove of this is in the final chapter investigation when they find a picture of Saionji looking older then she appears to be and I believe Saionji was going to confirm these suspicions herself in the final trail.


Wait... really?

Spoiler:
I knew about the Kuzuryu/Saionji switch, but they literally made it LAST MINUTE?
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1480
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm
Location: Seattle, Washington
Contact:

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Zetsubear » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Mirai wrote:
Ryuuki wrote:SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
You can't blame Tsumiki for killing Ibuki. I understand your feelings for Ibuki, she's really a great character but I can't think Chapter 3 it's the worst just because she's died. Chapter 3 is one of best for me. In it we see the true form of SHSL Despair (or Ultimate Despair) for the first time. And if Ibuki were at the place Tsumiki she would have done the same thing.


SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
And this is precisely the issue I have with the fans that dislike Tsumiki just because she killed Ibuki. Personally I don't think you should ever dislike a character just because they killed another character you liked. Especially in this case as anyone else would have done the same thing. (with the exception of Nanami).


This is a difficult one but I will go with Chapter 2 because
Spoiler:
I never really liked Kuzuryuu and this case just made me dislike him even more. He didn't tell Peko how he truly felt about her until her last moments so she kept thinking she was a tool for him to use. I really wished that Saionji was the one who survived till the end instead of this prick.

It's because everyone and there grandparents hate Saionji.
Kuzuryu is one of my favorite male characters so I'm happy he survived.
I love Chapter 2 because Ms. Bitchy Poo gets offed c:
Seeing Kuzuryu's hard shell break was a bonus. That execution was depressing too.
Spoiler:
Image
Image

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
Skype: akninja95
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

User avatar
Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis
Posts: 2017
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:54 am

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Alice Twilight » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 pm

The spoiler part should be really obvious.

User avatar
blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master
Posts: 118
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:58 am
Location: Jabberwock Island

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby blizdi » Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:12 am

Wow, I can honestly say I did not expect this many people to hate case 4 over case 3.
Hanamura will end your suffering!
Image

User avatar
Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 789
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby Mirai » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 am

Zetsubear wrote:
Mirai wrote:SDR2 Spoilers
Spoiler:
And this is precisely the issue I have with the fans that dislike Tsumiki just because she killed Ibuki. Personally I don't think you should ever dislike a character just because they killed another character you liked. Especially in this case as anyone else would have done the same thing. (with the exception of Nanami).


This is a difficult one but I will go with Chapter 2 because
Spoiler:
I never really liked Kuzuryuu and this case just made me dislike him even more. He didn't tell Peko how he truly felt about her until her last moments so she kept thinking she was a tool for him to use. I really wished that Saionji was the one who survived till the end instead of this prick.

It's because everyone and there grandparents hate Saionji.
Kuzuryu is one of my favorite male characters so I'm happy he survived.
I love Chapter 2 because Ms. Bitchy Poo gets offed c:
Seeing Kuzuryu's hard shell break was a bonus. That execution was depressing too.


Spoiler:
Actually Saionji is my 6th favourite character of SDR2 primarily because to me she's one of the most realistic characters amongst the cast. Although I do agree her verbal abuse towards Tsumiki is going too far. Funny you say that as Kuzuryu is my least favourite character of SDR2 plus the majority of Kuzuryu fans dislike both Saionji and Koizumi who are the two that get in Kuzuryu's way the most. Koizumi for me is just meh, she never stood out for me to like her, and she never did anything for me to dislike her but since I like most of the cast she would be near the bottom.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."


Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest