Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Which chapter in DR2 was your least favorite

Chapter 1
No votes
Chapter 2
5%
Chapter 3
47%
Chapter 4
42%
Chapter 5
No votes
Chapter 6
5%

Total votes: 19

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: Which chapter of Danganronpa 2 is the worst (spoilers)

Postby iatheia » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:49 pm

My issue with chapter 4 is a very huge plothole

Spoiler:
If the victim died from falling from the second floor, there are 2 possibilities. Either a) there was no ceiling on the elevator, in which case it should have been obvious there is a second floor just by looking up due to different wall heights/colors or b) they had to bust through the ceiling, in which case, again, giant hole literally staring you in the face.

That being said, Komaeda is love. Being in his head for a bit was lovely.

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:55 pm

iatheia wrote:My issue with chapter 4 is a very huge plothole

Spoiler:
If the victim died from falling from the second floor, there are 2 possibilities. Either a) there was no ceiling on the elevator, in which case it should have been obvious there is a second floor just by looking up due to different wall heights/colors or b) they had to bust through the ceiling, in which case, again, giant hole literally staring you in the face.

Spoiler:
I think the point is that you can't SEE it. due to the fact that the door's are the only things there.
Hanamura will end your suffering!

Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kuzuryuu » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:34 pm

iatheia wrote:My issue with chapter 4 is a very huge plothole

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
You are correct that there was no ceiling to the elevator but most likely the answer is that when entering the elevator from the Muscat House the lights of the Strawberry house elevator completely shut off and the lights from the Muscat elevator aren't bright enough to illuminate up to the 4th floor thus when you look up all you will see is darkness and not the door leading to the Strawberry house.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:26 pm

Who the hell voted for Chapter 6? Image
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Fibble
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Fibble » Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:40 am

^^^Maybe they were disappointed that the villain was Junko again instead of someone else?

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am

Zetsubear wrote:Who the hell voted for Chapter 6? Image

Honestly I can't agree more with this, I just don't understand how anyone could possibly vote the final chapter as the worst of all of them. :|

Fibble wrote:^^^Maybe they were disappointed that the villain was Junko again instead of someone else?

If I had to make a guess I would actually say:

Spoiler:
Its the plot twist of everyone being SHSL Despair except Nanami.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:34 am

Fibble wrote:^^^Maybe they were disappointed that the villain was Junko again instead of someone else?

I expected halfway through the game that she was the Villain again. IDK what they were expecting lol. Especially in Chapter 6 she hinted at alot

Mirai wrote:

Honestly I can't agree more with this, I just don't understand how anyone could possibly vote the final chapter as the worst of all of them.

Chapter 6 was like one of the best chapters in the game along with Chapter 5.
Chapter 6 revealed so much where the first game didn't and there were alot of plot twists.
Whoever voted was a troll
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:52 am

Zetsubear wrote:

I expected halfway through the game that she was the Villain again. IDK what they were expecting lol. Especially in Chapter 6 she hinted at alot

Mirai wrote:

Honestly I can't agree more with this, I just don't understand how anyone could possibly vote the final chapter as the worst of all of them.

Chapter 6 was like one of the best chapters in the game along with Chapter 5.
Chapter 6 revealed so much where the first game didn't and there were alot of plot twists.

I think so too.

iatheia
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby iatheia » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:22 am

As far as the enjoyment factor, I think Chapter 5 is better than 6, because chapter 6 is terrifying and made me question the meaning of life as well as if everything around me is real or not, half-torn between crying and screaming and pacing the room nervously. That person could have been a faint of heart. It's also not a trial per se in the same manner the rest of them are with a clear cut murder case.

Kuzuryuu
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Kuzuryuu » Fri Aug 15, 2014 10:20 am

Yeah but neither was the Chapter 6 trial in the first game well at least the second half of it wasn't.
I personally absolutely loved chapter 6 because of all it's twists and the return of Junko who is pretty much my favorite character in the series.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Zetsubear wrote:I expected halfway through the game that she was the Villain again. IDK what they were expecting lol. Especially in Chapter 6 she hinted at a lot

I surprisingly figured out from the prologue of SDR2 that is was her again just simply because of this dialogue:
Spoiler:
Monomi: W…Why do I have to be your little sister?!
Monokuma: …Do you want to be my big sister? The big sister I had no contact with for years and years?

Now which character has a younger sister, who went away to join a group of mercenaries and never contacted their sister for serveral years? Answer: Mukuro Ikusaba

This alone convinced me it was Junko again.

Zetsubear wrote:Chapter 6 was like one of the best chapters in the game along with Chapter 5.

I would say Chapter 6 of DR1 revealed just as much if not more, it was just more difficult to believe whether the info was true or not.
The voter is either a troll or is butt hurt on the plot twists.

iatheia wrote:As far as the enjoyment factor, I think Chapter 5 is better than 6, because chapter 6 is terrifying and made me question the meaning of life as well as if everything around me is real or not, half-torn between crying and screaming and pacing the room nervously. That person could have been a faint of heart. It's also not a trial per se in the same manner the rest of them are with a clear cut murder case.

Remember this topic is about which Chapter do you think is the worst not the best. Its fine for me if fans don't pick Chapter 6 as their favourite but to pick it as their worst just baffles me.

Kuzuryuu wrote:Yeah but neither was the Chapter 6 trial in the first game well at least the second half of it wasn't.
I personally absolutely loved chapter 6 because of all it's twists and the return of Junko who is pretty much my favorite character in the series.

For me anything with Junko in it becomes awesome automatically.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

GoldStarz
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby GoldStarz » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:47 pm

Sorry for the sudden revival of this topic...

Am I the only one who thinks the game would benefit if Chapters 3 and 4 were switched around?

Spoiler:
It just seems Monokuma's gradually getting more ruthless/desperate to cause more kills might seem to reach a height in Chapter 4 when he gives the students a choice between starving or killing each other, but when you really think about how he really basically took Mikan's choice away from her.

That said, worst chapter is Chapter 4, mostly just because I felt it didn't hold up to Chapter 3.

huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby huythekirby » Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:57 pm

To me, chapter 3 is the worst chapter ever ! It so rushed :roll: ! In class trial, no one explain about why the candles blew off right time and what 's killing Saionji ? :? . And the reason why Saionji had been killed is not good, same as Mioda ! I think Souda should have been killed in this chapter, not Saionji, because her character's devoloper hasn't completed :( .

Sorry for my bad English, i'm not very good at it.
Last edited by huythekirby on Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:34 pm

huythekirby wrote:To me, chapter 3 is the worst chapter ever ! It so rush :roll: ! In class trial, no one explain about why the candles blew off right time and what 's killing Saionji ? :? . And the reason why Saionji had been killed is not good, same as Mioda ! I think Souda should have been killed in this chapter, not Saionji, because her character's devoloper hasn't completed :( .

Sorry for my bad English, i'm not very good at it.

You are right, the third chapter WAS rushed. Saionji was originally NOT the victim. Originally, Kuzuryu was supposed to die, but they swapped him with Saionji, and that messed motive/method up, because it was meant for Kuzuryu.

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:58 pm

Welp at least Fuyuhiko didn't die. :>
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”