Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Re: Dangan Ronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Reviews

Postby CTOONfan1 » Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:52 pm

Everyeye.it - 8.5/10

Danganronpa 2 is one of the best thing happened to PsVita. Is not a game for every player, being more an interactive novel, but has an incredible story and exceptional characters.

Note: This review is in Italian.

We're getting a lot of Italian reviews, I'm noticing.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:39 pm

Italy has loads of otaku, so I'm not surprised.

Hell, Italy sometimes gets stuff licensed that we don't even get in the states.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:40 pm

And... we've got our first review on Metacritic under 80. A score low enough to be "mixed". We've gone down to a score of 84, but I'm not worried or anything. Nope nope.

4Players.de - 85%

Bizarre mystery-thriller that can’t quite capture the essence of the excellent predecessor. Still this is a very entertaining Vita game you shouldn’t pass up.

Note: This review is in German.

VideoGamer - 8/10

A deeply engaging story that addresses mature themes, unsettling the player and complementing the narrative. While some areas fall flat, there’s plenty here to keep you invested.

Metro News - 8/10

The name and anime aesthetic may seem off-putting, but combined with the original this is some of the most engaging interactive storytelling of the modern era.

Kill Screen - 68/100

It’s not so much “high art” as a blender full of Battle Royale, Law and Order, Hunger Games, Snatchers, Phoenix Wright, and Persona—a pageant to be seen and lightly interfaced with.

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:36 pm

Playstation Universe - 85/100

Overall, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair met expectations but missed accomplishing enough to surpass its predecessor. Arguably, Spike Chunsoft faced a difficult task following up on the fresh visual novel experience that Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc provided. Perhaps there isn’t enough they can do to drastically improve on the Danganronpa formula, which could be why the next game in the series, Absolute Despair Girl: Danganronpa Another Episode, is a third-person action game. Nonetheless, fans will find Danganronpa 2 to be another enjoyable tale of hope and despair.

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:21 pm

And... we're down... to 83. And IGN hasn't even posted their review yet. Not panicking. Not worried. We're just fine. Heheh...

Gamestyle - 8/10

A worthy sequel to the original release.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:01 pm

CTOONfan1 wrote:Playstation Universe - 85/100

Overall, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair met expectations but missed accomplishing enough to surpass its predecessor. Arguably, Spike Chunsoft faced a difficult task following up on the fresh visual novel experience that Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc provided. Perhaps there isn’t enough they can do to drastically improve on the Danganronpa formula, which could be why the next game in the series, Absolute Despair Girl: Danganronpa Another Episode, is a third-person action game. Nonetheless, fans will find Danganronpa 2 to be another enjoyable tale of hope and despair.

How exactly is there a formula after 1 game?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I couldn't take that review seriously.
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

CTOONfan1
Majin
Majin

Postby CTOONfan1 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:30 pm

Gaming Age - A

I may not love everything about Danganronpa 2, but I still love it taken as a whole. It's a deeply disturbing game, but it's also a very fun one, and it's a testament to the latter that even someone as painfully wussy as me when it comes to anything gory or horror-ish is able to completely ignore the former.

USgamer - 4.5/5

While it doesn't have quite the impact as the series' debut, Danganronpa 2 continues the tradition of elaborate murder mysteries featuring appealing characters, and won't let you put it down until the bloody end. If you've been pondering the visual novel genre and don't know where to start, NIS America's answer to the courtroom antics of Phoenix Wright is an excellent place to start.

Pocket Gamer - 8/10

Danganronpa 2 doesn't stand on its own quite as well as its predecessor, but fans of the first game will find it to be an essential murder mystery to have on the go.

Joystiq - 3.5/5

Danganronpa 2 is wildly uneven, with an engaging story and disjointed action elements, but solving its mysteries provides more than enough satisfaction to make putting up with the bad bits worth your while. It's weird, aggravating and gruesome, but it's also undeniably charming.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”