*SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 1 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 on Prologue and Chapter 1

5/5 Excellent
75%
4/5 Good
8%
3/5 Okay
8%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
8%

Total votes: 12

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

*SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Mirai » Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:17 pm

This is the place where you can discuss freely all the events that occur within the Prologue and Chapter 1 of Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

Just remember the following:

- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to discuss story events here in this thread that occur AFTER Chapter 1. Not even under spoiler tags.

-This thread will contain SPOILERS. If you have yet to complete Chapter 1 of Super Dangan Ronpa 2, it is recommended that you STAY AWAY from this thread until you have gotten to Chapter 2.

And with that covered have fun discussing your adventure on Jabberwock Island!
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Re: *SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 1 Discussion

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:19 am

Watched the first trial again and if I'm missing something please correct me.
But Teru's murder relied a lot on luck, if the victim was just a few inches of the ground he wouldn't of been able to stab them, also from where the knife was under the table he had to gamble on someone npt just lifting up the cloth to retrieve the knife instead of going completely under it.

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:33 am

Alice Twilight wrote:Watched the first trial again and if I'm missing something please correct me.
But Teru's murder relied a lot on luck, if the victim was just a few inches of the ground he wouldn't of been able to stab them, also from where the knife was under the table he had to gamble on someone npt just lifting up the cloth to retrieve the knife instead of going completely under it.

How fitting that Nagito's luck saved him.
Hanamura will end your suffering!

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:12 am

Oh, Sonia and Ibuki!

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:57 pm

You will never eat Ibuki's cookies. :(

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:10 pm

blizdi wrote:Image

Oh, Sonia and Ibuki!

My sides dood. My sides :lol:

Alice Twilight wrote:You will never eat Ibuki's cookies. :(

I wanna dip them cookies in some milk ;)

Oh wait you were actually talking about her cookies. I thought you meant something else :oops:
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Alice Twilight wrote:You will never eat Ibuki's cookies. :(

Oh I will, beeeeliiiiievvveeee meee....

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:00 pm

Well that was fun and despair-inducing.
Meteor Breaker!

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:42 am

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE BYAKUYA?! :cry:

Well, at least Teruteru's dead. He was the only character that I really didn't like out of the ones shown, so he will not be missed, especially for killing Byakuya. :evil:
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

blizdi
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby blizdi » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:22 am

Wdog-999 wrote:WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE BYAKUYA?! :cry:

Well, at least Teruteru's dead. He was the only character that I really didn't like out of the ones shown, so he will not be missed, especially for killing Byakuya. :evil:

Excuse me?

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:54 am

The only real issue I had with this case is how the hell did Hanamura get from the kitchen to under the floorboards so damn quickly once the lights went out? As apparently from the time it took for him, from the kitchen to under the floor boards exactly where the mark was. Is how long it took Komaeda to go under the table using the cord as his guide and for Byakura to grab the night goggles behind him and to rush straight to Komeada and knock him out of the way. (Byakura's running had been known to be pretty fast at this point). No matter how I look at it unless Hanamura was secretly SHSL Sprinter I don't see how he could of moved so quickly.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:06 am

Yep, the timeline's kind of wacky (not as much as certain chapter I won't mention right now, though). We know that Hanamura saw Komaeda planting the knife, but did he know if and when Komaeda was planning the blackout? Because if he did then he could have been prepared beforehand, even if the climax inference says he started doing things after the blackout.
But even if he was prepared already, the speed in which Togami, Komaeda and Hanamura arrived at the table still make no sense. Even if Togami is one hell of a fast runner, he had to realise something was wrong, put on the goggles and cross the room, meanwhile Komaeda was anticipating the blackout and he was already standing by the table. The logical way to arriving under the table would have been Komaeda - Togami - Hanamura (Maybe Komaeda - Hanamura - Togami if Hanamura was already ready) but it was Togami - Komaeda - Hanamura.
Which makes me think that either Togami can teleport using nothing but willpower, or Komaeda zoned out for a while thinking about god-knows-what before remembering he was supposed to get under the table.

ZekeFreek wrote:I think it's implied the blackout lasted longer than the game portrays it.

"After a while", yeah.
Last edited by Ainara on Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:07 am

Mirai wrote:The only real issue I had with this case is how the hell did Hanamura get from the kitchen to under the floorboards so damn quickly once the lights went out? As apparently from the time it took for him, from the kitchen to under the floor boards exactly where the mark was. Is how long it took Komaeda to go under the table using the cord as his guide and for Byakura to grab the night goggles behind him and to rush straight to Komeada and knock him out of the way. (Byakura's running had been known to be pretty fast at this point). No matter how I look at it unless Hanamura was secretly SHSL Sprinter I don't see how he could of moved so quickly.

I think it's implied the blackout lasted longer than the game portrays it. When your just clicking through voice clips, it seems rather short but I'm guessing all of those things weren't said at once and it was actually a fair few minutes that everyone was scrambling around in the dark.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

serph63
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby serph63 » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:26 pm

blizdi wrote:Image

Oh, Sonia and Ibuki!

Ah thank you Nanami, atleast someone's nice to Monomi.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:16 pm

Ainara wrote:Yep, the timeline's kind of wacky (not as much as certain chapter I won't mention right now, though). We know that Hanamura saw Komaeda planting the knife, but did he know if and when Komaeda was planning the blackout? Because if he did then he could have been prepared beforehand, even if the climax inference says he started doing things after the blackout.
But even if he was prepared already, the speed in which Togami, Komaeda and Hanamura arrived at the table still make no sense. Even if Togami is one hell of a fast runner, he had to realise something was wrong, put on the goggles and cross the room, meanwhile Komaeda was anticipating the blackout and he was already standing by the table. The logical way to arriving under the table would have been Komaeda - Togami - Hanamura (Maybe Komaeda - Hanamura - Togami if Hanamura was already ready) but it was Togami - Komaeda - Hanamura.
Which makes me think that either Togami can teleport using nothing but willpower, or Komaeda zoned out for a while thinking about god-knows-what before remembering he was supposed to get under the table.

Spoiler:

"After a while", yeah.

I can accept Togami being as quick as he was, since the game had hinted already that despite his appearance he was actually pretty fast as a person. Hanamura on the other hand didn't and he had to travel much further than Togami did.
Also I'm pretty sure that line of dialogue in the picture was said after the murder had occurred by which point is too late with the issue I have.

ZekeFreek wrote:I think it's implied the blackout lasted longer than the game portrays it. When your just clicking through voice clips, it seems rather short but I'm guessing all of those things weren't said at once and it was actually a fair few minutes that everyone was scrambling around in the dark.

*Sigh* I guess I really have no other choice than to just accept that this is the case, otherwise it just wouldn't make much sense otherwise.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”