*SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 3 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out of 5 for Chapter 3

5/5 Excellent
40%
4/5 Good
20%
3/5 Okay
30%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
10%

Total votes: 10

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: *SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 3 Discussion

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:42 pm

huythekirby wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Interesting to note that in the beta version of the game, Fuyuhiko was killed instead of Hiyoko.

I'm GUESSING they swapped them because Fuyuhiko's character development would be a waste if he died right after Chapter 2, but idk.

Saionji, too ! She was going to become better, then they killed her without a good reason. :cry:

It ultimately came down to who they wanted to develop and who they didn't. Either would've been a fine choice but they went with Fuyuhiko.

(ENDGAME SPOILER BELOW)
Spoiler:
The slightly more pragmatic reason MIGHT have been to more evenly balance out the gender ratio of the surviving cast. Though if they really wanted it to be even, they could've had Ibuki as the sole victim of Chapter 3 and had both Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko survive until the end.

Why they didn't, I dunno. I guess they wanted 1 less survivor than the last game, though the comatose thing kind of makes that a moot point. Maybe they didn't want to have two characters going through very similar development at the same time? Fuyuhiko and Hiyoko are actually pretty similar in a lot of respects, although Fuyuhiko is generally more likable.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:51 pm

Damn I didn't notice this post until now how careless... :?

huythekirby wrote:
GoldStarz wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:This chapter hurts me

Yeah pretty much everything about this chapter is brutal
Spoiler:
--Double Murder
--Killed Comic Relief
--Brainwashed Murderer

Question for you
Spoiler:
Is the Future Foundation's name unchanged?

Don't click if you didn't complete the game before
Spoiler:
Not Allowed!!!

Also

ZekeFreek wrote:
huythekirby wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:Interesting to note that in the beta version of the game, Fuyuhiko was killed instead of Hiyoko.

I'm GUESSING they swapped them because Fuyuhiko's character development would be a waste if he died right after Chapter 2, but idk.

Saionji, too ! She was going to become better, then they killed her without a good reason. :cry:

It ultimately came down to who they wanted to develop and who they didn't. Either would've been a fine choice but they went with Fuyuhiko.

(ENDGAME SPOILER BELOW)
Spoiler:
Not allowed!!!.

- Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to discuss story events here in this thread that occur AFTER Chapter 3. Not even under spoiler tags.

This is one of the rules of this thread, please abide by them, I know it can be a pain to change threads but if you don't it ruins the whole point of making this chapter threads to begin with if you do this.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:24 pm

I didn't know.

But even so, this system makes it very difficult to express points as there's no guarantee that everyone will check every thread at the appropriate point. You can't just make us have conversations that have to constantly hop between threads. That's insane.

Even that aside, if some idiot is dumb enough to ignore my bold warning, it isn't my problem.

Also, you're not a mod. You don't get to enforce a thread's "rules".
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Mirai » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:I didn't know.

But even so, this system makes it very difficult to express points as there's no guarantee that everyone will check every thread at the appropriate point. You can't just make us have conversations that have to constantly hop between threads. That's insane.

Even that aside, if some idiot is dumb enough to ignore my bold warning, it isn't my problem.

Also, you're not a mod. You don't get to enforce a thread's "rules".

Then if you're not entirely sure they'll check the other thread then PM your reply. Also this thread does allow discussion of previous chapters for the exact reason you gave. It doesn't go the other way because people on here may not have completed the game yet and will give their view at this point in the game and their opinion on future events to come. Its best not to spoil them the answer here on this thread when they haven't gotten to that point in the game yet.

Though what you say is true I would still prefer to keep this Chapter 3 specific as much as possible.

Back in February when I did these threads for DR1 Houk agreed and supported the idea and rules I gave out. This time is different I guess since I haven't' seen Houk post around here recently, so these are nothing more than guidelines this time and you're right I'm not a mod so the most I can do is remind you of these guidelines and politely ask you not to do it again. Whether you follow this or not is entirely up to you.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:57 pm

I try to follow it generally, but sometimes there's a point I need to make that just wouldn't work if I needed to switch between threads. It's not like I want to break your rules on a whim, that's just how it worked out this time.

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:30 am

Nooooo. My sweet Mikan. :cry:

Also, damn this (Improved) Hangman Gambit. It takes a long while for the letter I need to appear, even when I do speed up time.
FC:1547-5970-9875

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:36 am

JeanLucAwesome wrote:
serph63 wrote:
JeanLucAwesome wrote:This chapter made my heart sink. :cry:

and made me hate Mikan. I will never forgive her. lol :evil:

omg im not sure if ill ever be able to hate mikan, i mean, look at her. :| (It wasn't even her fault, if i'm right)
But damn... Ibuki was huge fking loss, damn.

thank god saionji's dead tho

Well it is an iffy scenario with Mikan, I can see you might not want to blame her since she did it because she remembered her past.
Spoiler:
basically reverting her back to being an ultimate despair

But I can't help but hate on her now, she's still responsible.

Saionji was awfully cruel with her words lol but she didn't deserve what happened to her.

But yeah Ibuki was a major loss, I had a bad feeling the whole time, especially when I saw that island had a music venue. I really wanted her to survive.

I still have sympathy for Mikan. If only people treated her nicer before she met a certain person. :cry:
I can understand why she killed Saionji. She often bullied Mikan, so it's also possible that she did the same before they lost their memories. I thought the photograph of Mikan, Ibuki, and Saionji from chapter 2 would have came into play in this chapter.

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:04 pm

edgy404 wrote:I can understand why she killed Saionji.

Actually, I think what makes Saionji's death so ironic is Mikan didn't even care about her, she just was at the wrong place in the wrong moment.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:32 pm

^This.

I wish Ibuki was the killer instead of being the victim :cry:
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

huythekirby
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby huythekirby » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Zetsubear wrote:^This.

I wish Ibuki was the killer instead of being the victim :cry:

No, It will be despair more than Mikan !!!

edgy404
Majin
Majin

Postby edgy404 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:37 pm

Ainara wrote:
edgy404 wrote:I can understand why she killed Saionji.

Actually, I think what makes Saionji's death so ironic is Mikan didn't even care about her, she just was at the wrong place in the wrong moment.

The more I think about it, I think Mikan would have been the only person capable of killing someone if everybody was affected by the disease. If the disease makes the person the opposite of who they are, then:

Fuyuhiko - most likely an all around nice guy
Nekomaru - always afraid (if he wouldn't have been severely injured)
Chiaki - very talkative
Gundham - would make more sense to everyone when he speaks
Kazuichi - more manlier
Sonia - impolite

I can't speak for Hajime because his personality varies sometimes, and Saionji...well, she had a foul mouth but she was also kind in her own way...except towards Mikan.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:00 pm

This chapter filled me with such great despair. Hiyoko will live on in my delusions.
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:31 pm

I like to imagine that if Gundham caught the despair disease, he would've gone full suit and tie and combed his hair down. Ala how Kanji appears in P4G's epilogue. (Fuck that epilogue btw)

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:51 am

When I first started the game, I thought Tsumiki Mikan would be one of the characters who got killed, not be a killer herself. :shock:

And I hate this new hangman's gambit. :evil:

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:13 am

ZekeFreek wrote:I like to imagine that if Gundham caught the despair disease, he would've gone full suit and tie and combed his hair down. Ala how Kanji appears in P4G's epilogue. (Fuck that epilogue btw)

But where would he keep his Four Dark Divas of Destruction? :)

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”