*MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out 5 on Chapter 6

5/5 Excellent
70%
4/5 Good
7%
3/5 Okay
7%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
15%

Total votes: 27

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussi

Postby Kresnik » Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:13 pm

Ainara wrote:...Yes? I meant losing someone relevant to him. Fuyuhiko lost Peko, Akane lost Nekomaru, Sonia lost Gundam. He lost... Nobody, really.
And what about his personality changed?

Never mind. I must've been sleepy when I saw your post and read "Fuyuhiko" in place of "Kazuichi".

Which is why it made no sense to me, because Fuyuhiko lost someone and his personality changed :P

Zagryzaec
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zagryzaec » Fri Sep 26, 2014 9:13 am

on topic about "why download the virus"

for Izumi this therapy means end of existence, and He and other despair remnants were captured and forced to be subjects of rehabilitation. If other were more or less OK with it (just revert from psycho) for Izumi this is equal to be murdered. Therefore to survive and get back at future foundation he altered AI to give him chance to return even after been deleted as memory and stop interferences in the process. Of course he would be put back to the machine in case of someone (makoto) was out there when he returns and graduate as same Izumi so he needed Makoto to lose control over real world by trapping him in the virtual program. To lure him there he locked himself with other participants preventing disconnection from the program and start bringing despair and death upon other students. And who is better for the job than the plushi lover?

Actually quite a brilliant plan for prisoner with no allies put to be deleted at the very beginning and observed from outside by enemy. Too bad his worst enemy came from within when he almost did it.

Sorry for my English, it was redesigned by monokuma = : )

bldudas
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby bldudas » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:33 am

I finished the game on Saturday.

I kind of feel like only Hinata was questioning the motives behind everything. The others didn't seem to care, unlike the first game.

I liked how Hinata had to overcome his despair, but everything else was meh to me. The game was great otherwise.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:16 pm

I felt this case and ending were underwhelming. Junko's dialogue and manipulation were good, but everything else just fell flat. Too many unanswered questions, convenient and/or weak explanations for my taste.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:30 am

This piece of wallpaper confuses me. http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1328641 ... ami_chiaki

It has an omniscient council of evil vibe to it so one would assume it's meant to display their despair selves, but there's two problems.

1. They all have their pre-despair appearances.

2. Why is Chiaki there?

Is just some artist not paying attention?
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:37 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:This piece of wallpaper confuses me. http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1328641 ... ami_chiaki

It has an omniscient council of evil vibe to it so one would assume it's meant to display their despair selves, but there's two problems.

2. Why is Chiaki there?

And another thing. Why isn't Hajime, uh, Izuru? :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:45 pm

Zetsubear wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:This piece of wallpaper confuses me. http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1328641 ... ami_chiaki

2. Why is Chiaki there?

And another thing. Why isn't Hajime, uh, Izuru? :?

I actually think the artist might have heard about that one particular plot twist (them having previous fallen to despair) and went to drawing WITHOUT actually having the context of the other plot twists (Chiaki being an AI, and Hajime being Izuru).
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:34 am

Finished the game 2 days ago and i'm still under it's spell!! Don't have the appetite to begin another game, cause i'm still connecting things together!!! Such is the power of despair!!!

Well, if i have to feel bad about one thing, that thing is Nagito. U know, seeing Junko again it was something that Usami hinted at the end of the 2nd chapter (she said "if we don't gather Hope Fragments, this guy is capable of ressurecting the Ultimate Despair"). So, since Nagito was ALWAYS full of hope, i was hoping for an awesome showdown between Junko and Nagito (hope vs despair) in the final chapter.

Can't say i'm happy with his (virtual) death. He was my 2nd favorite after Junko.

Overall, Chapter 6 was really well made. No complaints here, save for some questions here and there... Well, maybe that's why SPIKE is thinking of a 3rd Ronpa game, where everything will be answered.
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 am

You'll find the spin off game answers a few questions while leading into some potential things for Dangan Ronpa's third game, look out for that. It's called Dangan Ronpa Another Episode, takes place between the first and second game.

G3n3raL86
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby G3n3raL86 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:31 am

Alice Twilight wrote:You'll find the spin off game answers a few questions while leading into some potential things for Dangan Ronpa's third game, look out for that. It's called Dangan Ronpa Another Episode, takes place between the first and second game.

Yeah, i know about AE, but it isn't localized for Western audiences...
My Street Fighter 4 FanFiction Project: fav.me/d3k2f2f

PSN ID: G3n3raL986, everywhere else (XBL, NNID, Steam, Skype): G3n3raL86

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:23 am

And, I am finished.

I was actually suspecting the video game thing from the beginning. All starting with the chicken into cow sequence. And things that happened throughout just served to make it seem more likely.

This was definitely the best chapter in the game. Though, 5 wasn't as good as it could have been. 4 was a total letdown. And 3 was...well, 3. But at least they did good with 6~ It was awesome seeing Makoto and those two again! Man I missed Makoto...Hajime just doesn't do it for me.

I really really don't get the point of Soda being alive till the end. His presence felt so.....ugh. And he was rarely ever a help. Like a certain someone in the original. guess they just couldn't go without a Yasuhiro :(

I don't get why Fuyuhiko really needed to stay around either. He didn't really "grow" so much as "do a 180". I really think they screwed things by not just letting Hiyoko live on. But, whatever. That's all done and over.

I can say I didn't expect them being the Ultimate Despairs. That was one thing that definitely threw me for a loop. Hajime being that thing....was a bit of a surprise, but not as much as the other things.

I really hope in 3/AE we'll get to see more of the other survivors...(I aready know about one of them being in AE, since they're kinda one of the main characters >.>) Which Actually makes me curious if the main main character might not be related to the Future Foundation by this point?

Ah well, questions without answers, what's a mystery series without that? Looking forward to AE! I mean, that's kinda the reason I even got this game xD I just wanted to be prepared for AE.

One last thing, the "Ultimate Imposter" kinda seemed like a device purely to throw off the players of the first game :lol:
Maybe some day I'll finish out his report card...definitely not getting a plat. Onwards and forwards, to the FUTURE
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:31 pm

5 wasn't as good as it could have been.

Vampko pls

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Maybe if we ignore Vampko's opinion, it'll go away.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:47 pm

Beedlebud wrote:
5 wasn't as good as it could have been.

Vampko pls

It wasn't "bad', but I still place 1 and 2 above it. It's definitely better than 3 and 4 by a longshot though.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:52 am

Chapter 5 is one of the best chapters in the series...

WHAT
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”