*MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussion

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!

Rating out 5 on Chapter 6

5/5 Excellent
70%
4/5 Good
7%
3/5 Okay
7%
2/5 Bad
No votes
1/5 Terrible
15%

Total votes: 27

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: *MAJOR SPOILERS* Super Dangan Ronpa 2 Chapter 6 Discussi

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:26 am

Okay just a few things.
I am assuming Izuru/Hajime is the only one that didn't take a body part from Junko

And I thought Izuru and Nagito knew each other since they're in the same group (Ultimate Despair).

Also I hope AE clears up some things regarding the group or whatever
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:48 am

Zetsubear wrote:Okay just a few things.
I am assuming Izuru/Hajime is the only one that didn't take a body part from Junko

And I thought Izuru and Nagito knew each other since they're in the same group (Ultimate Despair).

By the time Junko died, I think Izuru had already begun to despise her.

What we really don't know is why he uploaded her into the Neo World Program. I'm guessing he wanted to kill her himself and didn't realize the program would revert him back to Hajime. But if he wanted to kill her, couldn't he just smash the drive she was stored on?

That also makes it sound as though Izuru offered himself to the Future Foundation willingly. Which is something Naegi should have been aware of.

In short, the circumstances surrounding how the Neo World Program began and what exactly Izuru was playing at are left incredibly vague. I don't think AE will touch on them though.

I do hope Naegi shows up in AE though. With his sister being "indifferent to hope and despair", that could be interesting.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:44 am

Oh god, when I saw that game over....I was about to flip some tables. All that for a bad end?? And then I remembered.

Well it's finally over.

More importantly, though, I don't have to fear Tumblr/Youtube/Wikis/Comments for the moment!!! :D (At least until Another Episode). That feeling is so liberating!!

I don't even like Makoto, but I couldn't help feeling giddy the minute he appeared.

I mean, they telegraphed the game stuff from the beginning so I wasn't shocked at all they were in one. I was pretty surprised by them being Ultimate Despairs though. What a twist that they ended up joining Junko with despair. I wasn't completely surprised by the Hinata thing either. I knew that Nagito was talking to was Izuru, got a little sidetracked by Hinata's vision then it all fell into place with Junko.

I like this game more than DR1 by a lot, the cases seem to be a lot more interesting and the free time events are better this time too. I hesitate to say which cast I liked more because while I liked pretty much all of DR1's except for a couple people, I felt more strongly about who I hated and loved in DR2. DR2 also had a lot higher dislike ratio than DR1 did. I'll just say that it's a tie ;)

What I will say is that other than a couple minigames (Logic Dive and the usual one I can't remember the name of right now, you can agree with that now which is cool), I thought the minigames were much worse than DR1's, which were pretty inoffensive in the latter. It just seems like they decided to make them complicated for the sake of being complicated, "Improved" Hangman's Gambit I'm looking at you. I also hated how plausible combinations at the end of PAT would get thrown out because there's only one correct combination, but I guess that's more of a localization thing.

Speaking of localization, it seemed like there were a lot more typos this time around, with either grammar/spelling mistakes, incorrect song listings or text extending past the screen so that you have to press the transcript to read what was said. There was also the Japanese text left in when they were remembering locations in the trials and such that weren't that annoying but it seemed odd that they left that in.

I think my Chapter Rankings would be: 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

Other minor ramblings I'm thinking about while I'm still typing is that I was waiting for Soda or Akane to become more likable but that sadly didn't happen throughout the game. Especially Soda, who just started to get more and more creepy with Sonia. I'm really happy that (Pirate) Kuruzyuu survived though :D I wonder just what he's going to do with his new lease on life.

Ohhhhhhhh, one thing I'm really confused on. Naegi kept going on about what people did with Junko's dead body parts, but we saw Junko get smushed? Did....that just not happen? It just didn't seem like we saw any sign of body parts around to do anything with.

So sad that it's over though :(

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:01 am

Zetsubear wrote:I am assuming Izuru/Hajime is the only one that didn't take a body part from Junko

When that one comic appeared, a friend of mine was intent on saying each of the figures was a survivor. The one who ripped their eye out was Kuzuryuu, Souda was the one shown killing civilians, Sonia gave her parents to Junko, Akane starved herself... Those are pretty nice theories and all, until he said Izuru was the one who took Junko's... Ahem, you know, the last panel.
I mean, why would him of all people want to have Junko's children? Assuming that really happened, the most likely one is Mikan.
ZekeFreek wrote:What we really don't know is why he uploaded her into the Neo World Program. I'm guessing he wanted to kill her himself and didn't realize the program would revert him back to Hajime. But if he wanted to kill her, couldn't he just smash the drive she was stored on?
I do hope Naegi shows up in AE though. With his sister being "indifferent to hope and despair", that could be interesting.

I never understood that. He put her in the program so he could... so he could what?
I am somewhat sure Naegi has appeared in AE promotional material. He's kind-of grown up and everything. Or maybe it's just the art evolution :mrgreen:

Beedlebud wrote:I think my Chapter Rankings would be: 5 > 6 > 1 > 2 > 4 > 3

If you change 1 by 2 I have the same exact opinion :D Chapter 5 was really something, huh?

Beedlebud wrote:Other minor ramblings I'm thinking about while I'm still typing is that I was waiting for Soda or Akane to become more likable but that sadly didn't happen throughout the game.

Yeah, Souda didn't change at all, did he? I mean, at least Akane had lost someone important to her even if her personality didn't change much, but Souda...? He was just. There.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:11 am

Ainara wrote:If you change 1 by 2 I have the same exact opinion :D Chapter 5 was really something, huh?

Beedlebud wrote:Other minor ramblings I'm thinking about while I'm still typing is that I was waiting for Soda or Akane to become more likable but that sadly didn't happen throughout the game.

Yeah, Souda didn't change at all, did he? I mean, at least Akane had lost someone important to her even if her personality didn't change much, but Souda...? He was just. There.

I know Chapter 6 had more twists, but I was delirious for most of Chapter 5, it was so insane :lol:

And yup. He was so useless in the Trials too :/

Oh, and as much as I love some of the characters I'm gonna take a (maybe controversial?) position and hope that the "dead" characters don't recover from comatose. I don't like "it was all a dream" scenarios in general in fiction because I feel that it really cheapens all the suffering they/I went through, and even with the twist I still don't like it and couldn't help grimacing when it was finally said that it was all a game. Killed off characters should stay dead imo.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:47 am

Beedlebud wrote:
Ainara wrote:If you change 1 by 2 I have the same exact opinion :D Chapter 5 was really something, huh?

I know Chapter 6 had more twists, but I was delirious for most of Chapter 5, it was so insane :lol:

And yup. He was so useless in the Trials too :/

Oh, and as much as I love some of the characters I'm gonna take a (maybe controversial?) position and hope that the "dead" characters don't recover from comatose. I don't like "it was all a dream" scenarios in general in fiction because I feel that it really cheapens all the suffering they/I went through, and even with the twist I still don't like it and couldn't help grimacing when it was finally said that it was all a game. Killed off characters should stay dead imo.

THAT ISN'T VERY HOPEFUL, YA KNOW.

The "all a dream" thing is only really bad when it doesn't change anything and here, it clearly does. The whole point was to overcome their past selves as Ultimate Despair, and the survivors proved it was possible even when the system wouldn't allow it. I don't think it cheapens anything because regardless of life and death, they still struggled towards that end... even if they didn't know it.

The whole final message of the game is overcoming yourself and forming your own future. And if the survivors have their way, not even "death" will stop their friends from doing that.

The twist was so marvelously pulled off that I don't mind if everyone ends up surviving. It's not something I want to happen every single game, but I'm willing to give DR2 a pass on it.

Maybe think of it less like life and death and more like a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" scenario where the kids are taken out of the game for various faults in order to teach them something. Maybe that'll help.

I also REALLY want to see the incredibly awkward scenes where the killers have to interact with their victims again.

"SOOOOOOOOO... about the whole slitting your throat thing... um... my bad?"

Side Note: Evidently the staff claims Souda's personality was based off of the main series writer Kodaka, which... well... I'm sure they're exaggerating... right?
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Ainara
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Ainara » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:38 am

I agree with you, my good sir. Or lady. YOU MUST NOT LOSE HOPE.
But seriously, the whole theme of the game being "future" instead of hope, the comatose kids being dead would kind of shit on that theme. Specially because:
ZekeFreek wrote:I also REALLY want to see the incredibly awkward scenes where the killers have to interact with their victims again.

Gundam's and Nidai's is something I really need to see. Would there even be actual apologising, or just those two guys intensely but-somewhat-amiably screaming at each other?
ZekeFreek wrote:Side Note: Evidently the staff claims Souda's personality was based off of the main series writer Kodaka, which... well... I'm sure they're exaggerating... right?

I. I sure hope so.
Last edited by Ainara on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Mahiru Koizumi is love, Mahiru Koizumi is life.
Please forgive my English if it ever sounds weird!

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:47 am

Fair point Zeke. I guess I can be mildly okay with it if it goes in that route.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:52 am

Beedlebud wrote:Fair point Zeke. I guess I can be mildly okay with it if it goes in that route.

w00t! I actually convinced someone of something for once!

*PARTIES HARD*

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:23 am

ZekeFreek wrote:
Zetsubear wrote:Okay just a few things.

By the time Junko died, I think Izuru had already begun to despise her.

What we really don't know is why he uploaded her into the Neo World Program. I'm guessing he wanted to kill her himself and didn't realize the program would revert him back to Hajime. But if he wanted to kill her, couldn't he just smash the drive she was stored on?

That also makes it sound as though Izuru offered himself to the Future Foundation willingly. Which is something Naegi should have been aware of.

In short, the circumstances surrounding how the Neo World Program began and what exactly Izuru was playing at are left incredibly vague. I don't think AE will touch on them though.

I don't have a clue why he did it. He did say he was going to pay her back.
Makoto and the others should've been more suspicious of the Ultimate Despair offering willingly to go inside the Neo World Program.
Makoto is in AE lol.
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Beedlebud wrote:Speaking of localization, it seemed like there were a lot more typos this time around, with either grammar/spelling mistakes, incorrect song listings or text extending past the screen so that you have to press the transcript to read what was said. There was also the Japanese text left in when they were remembering locations in the trials and such that weren't that annoying but it seemed odd that they left that in.

this was a weird spot with me. So i got a copy from gamestop and my friend got a LE copy. the weird thing about this though is that i never had a single problem with the text going off the screen and the text randomly changing back to japanese but apparently my friend did. i know he heard a rumor that all the le's had reviewer copies in them and not the retail copies but im not sure.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:52 pm

I noticed maybe 12 typos total. Which is within reasonable bounds to me.

JeanLucAwesome
Vassal
Vassal

Postby JeanLucAwesome » Sun Sep 14, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm not a big fan of "it was all a dream" scenarios in stories either. HOWEVER, I really liked it here, I didn't see it coming at all.

I for one would be happy if some of the characters woke up. I mean they don't all have to wake up. That might be too peachy. Just the more interesting characters would do.

Ibuki and Gundahm please!... :cry:

serph63
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby serph63 » Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:08 am

JeanLucAwesome wrote:I'm not a big fan of "it was all a dream" scenarios in stories either. HOWEVER, I really liked it here, I didn't see it coming at all.

I for one would be happy if some of the characters woke up. I mean they don't all have to wake up. That might be too peachy. Just the more interesting characters would do.

Ibuki and Gundahm please!... :cry:

OMFG YES
KOIZUMI IBUKI AND GUNDHAM YES
and maybe everyone else too

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:25 pm

Even if they do wake up we don't know if they will reform from the Despair or not.
Spoiler:

(Feel free to add me)

-Elston

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”