How to play DR2 at 60 FPS

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Internetakias
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

How to play DR2 at 60 FPS

Postby Internetakias » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:38 am

Go to Rocketpunch Market, and purchase something from the Vending Machine without skipping the "Obtained Present" animation. Now press O to exit the vending machine menu and as you'll soon notice, the game will now be running in 60FPS and should keep doing so until you bring up another menu (the eHandbook's, for example)
For any NISA staff reading this, would it be possible to patch the game so as to make it run at permanent 60FPS?

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: How to play DR2 at 60 FPS

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:38 am

NISA can't do any development work themselves, it's down to the original devs to do it.
Though if the game doesn't natively run at 60, there's going to be a reason why it doesn't.
The most likely reason is that it probably dips inconsistently in certain places.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Internetakias
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Re: How to play DR2 at 60 FPS

Postby Internetakias » Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:36 am

Ringwraith wrote:NISA can't do any development work themselves, it's down to the original devs to do it.
Though if the game doesn't natively run at 60, there's going to be a reason why it doesn't.
The most likely reason is that it probably dips inconsistently in certain places.

Or maybe it's because the game is a port of a PSP game, which needed the framecap.
Also, from what I've seen, NISA seems to have worked pretty closely with Spike Chunsoft on this and DR1's translation. So I was wondering if NISA could get in contact with Spike to patch this, if possible.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”