Danganronpa 3 has a completely new setting. New students were also shown.

The ultimate forum for the ultimate fans of the ultimate game series!
Dragonage2ftw
Geo Master
Geo Master

Danganronpa 3 has a completely new setting. New students were also shown.

Postby Dragonage2ftw » Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:57 am

I am a huge fan of DSP, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Dangan Ronpa, Persona, and many other things.

Mirai
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Danganronpa 3 has a completely new setting. New students were also shown.

Postby Mirai » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:42 am

The big conference is tomorrow, can't wait!!! :D

Well according to the news so far, apparently there will be no familiar characters in DR3 except Monokuma. Well if we put it this way, the same thing was said about SDR2 and look what happened there. This piece of news either means they are genuinely telling the truth here or we will see familiar faces near the end and since that would be major spoilers, they want to keep it quiet. I mean before DR1 came out they heavily advertised Maizono as the main heroine and she ended up as the first victim. So its hard to tell any info literally with the exceptions of the designs of both the setting and the characters.

Speaking of characters they have briefly shown two of them so far, one who looks like Celes with a different hairstyle and the other looks like Komaeda as a mecha. Since he has an ahoge people are already speculating that he's the MC for DRV3.
"We've both been rejected by this world, we both feel the same threat. Yet here we are destined to kill each other in the end."

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:00 am

I'm not sure if I'm a fan about having a completely new setting. Perhaps it depends on how much I like the characters in this game and that is going to be a huge task considering how great the characters were in the second game.

However, I could be wrong and Spike Chunsoft could be just trolling us. I'm pretty sure Spike Chunsoft wouldn't outright say "This is in the same universe y'all! Try to guess how it came to this!". It only worked in DR2 because we weren't sure if it was a prequel, a sequel, or just it's own thing until chapter 4. Plus, even though we realized it was a sequel, it was interesting to figure out HOW it was a sequel. On the other hand, DRV3 would clearly be right after DR2 and there are a lot of people who could fit the bill to be the mastermind and control Monokuma (they could also bring back Junko for some ridiculous reason).

I'm seriously not sure what to think. Well, I just hope it doesn't end up being like Corpse Party Dead Patient. The Robo Komaeda kind of looks ridiculous, but I might fall in love with him like I did with actual Komaeda. Plus, the girl on the right looks so much like me IRL that it's kind of creepy.

Plus, there are three possibilities for our protagonist right now:
1. We have two protagonists now with one of them being Robo Komaeda since there seems to be another guy behind him in the picture
2. Our protagonist isn't in the picture and we are looking from his/her POV
or (this one is highly unlikely but a possibility)
3. The pigtail girl is our protagonist.
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

burai97
Majin
Majin

Postby burai97 » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:46 pm

KaminaGirl wrote:Plus, there are three possibilities for our protagonist right now:
1. We have two protagonists now with one of them being Robo Komaeda since there seems to be another guy behind him in the picture
2. Our protagonist isn't in the picture and we are looking from his/her POV
or (this one is highly unlikely but a possibility)
3. The pigtail girl is our protagonist.

I honestly do think its likely we havent seen the protagonist yet. thinking back to danganronpa 1 and 2, the only times you ever saw hajime or makoto were in either events or class trials (with the exceotion of their introduction).

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:03 am

What is with Spike having that one character that is related or could be related to Naegi? :lol:
2: Goodbye Despair - Komaeda
Another Episode - Komaru
V3 - Robo Naegi and Komaeda hybrid.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Zetsubear
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Zetsubear » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Nagito was never related to Makoto :?
Spoiler:

PSN: ninja-star95
NNID: AKninja95
Twitter: @MKWhopper
(Feel free to add me)

SupeMastodonicRoboMechPenisZetsuCyberBear

-Elston

Prinny Supervisor
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Postby Prinny Supervisor » Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:43 pm

Where's Komaru and Toko >: (
Mo' Money, Mo' Moe

KaminaGirl
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby KaminaGirl » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 am

I wonder if there is going to a mastermind like there is in the previous games. If it is, #GoateeGuyIsTheMastermind
Spoiler:
What am I doing right now? I'm living on Planet Tumblr and stalking my baby Komaeda.

Lazyhappy
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Lazyhappy » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:28 pm

Zetsubear wrote:Nagito was never related to Makoto :?

I honestly thought Komaeda was Naegi when I first played the second game >.>... Not only do they have the same voice, same talent, similar names, similar looks but they have the same kinda personality too. Refering mostly to the obsession with hope and self-deprecation. I literally thought "Wow. Naegi went hope crazy and Byakuya became obese" for quite some time embarrassingly.

Return to “Danganronpa™ + Danganronpa™ 2”