Criminal Girls 2 officially announced - November in Japan

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
The_Dood_Abides
Demon Lord
Demon Lord

Re: Criminal Girls 2 officially announced - November in Japan

Postby The_Dood_Abides » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:11 pm

razisgosu wrote: I have a question for NISA that I'm hoping I can get clarification on. How badly can we expect the art alterations to be? How many changes are we talking? Are we just talking rope? What is the extent of these art alterations?

We're still in the process of finalizing the redrawn art assets, so I can't provide much in the way of specific changes.

What I can say is that the art alterations are intended to placate the concerns of ratings boards by way of addressing the following concerns they've raised:

1) The strongly implied lack of consent that is depicted in certain motivation scenes.

2) The level of detail in clothing that overly accentuates the girls' genitalia/pubic region.

Note that these are some of the concerns they raised, not all of them. However, I want to assure everyone that we are treating the quality of the finalized art very seriously. It is of utmost importance that the art meet our audience's reasonable expectations and quality standards, while also not being too salacious for the ratings boards.
Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:36 pm

And I, for one, have no doubt you'll accomplish that. I'm looking forward to seeing the final game, since I enjoyed the first one and want to see where else the series goes. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:00 pm

Man, these edits get more petty and arbitrary every time...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:18 pm

I dunno, "visibly underage girl in unwilling punishment bondage" sounds like exactly the sort of thing rating boards might express concern about... and remember, one of the main purposes of the rating boards is to help parents know what kind of content in a game they might consider objectionable and/or inappropriate for their child. To me, it doesn't sound arbitrary so much as exactly what they should be on the lookout for, and I would actually understand if any ratings board (especially some of the stricter ones, who NISA cannot afford to create alternate versions of a game for) decided such a thing was not appropriate for any child.

(...At least, I'm pretty sure the original game was like that. o_O I, uh, wanted to avoid spoilers, so I haven't looked at any of the CGs too closely. I'm just kind of guessing and extrapolating based on what was put in the explanatory blog post. XD)

Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:00 pm

Rednal wrote:I dunno, "visibly underage girl in unwilling punishment bondage" sounds like exactly the sort of thing rating boards might express concern about... and remember, one of the main purposes of the rating boards is to help parents know what kind of content in a game they might consider objectionable and/or inappropriate for their child. To me, it doesn't sound arbitrary so much as exactly what they should be on the lookout for, and I would actually understand if any ratings board (especially some of the stricter ones, who NISA cannot afford to create alternate versions of a game for) decided such a thing was not appropriate for any child.

(...At least, I'm pretty sure the original game was like that. o_O I, uh, wanted to avoid spoilers, so I haven't looked at any of the CGs too closely. I'm just kind of guessing and extrapolating based on what was put in the explanatory blog post. XD)

Exactly, which is what we have the M rating for.

Of course, the place that line of reasoning goes is exhausted at this point.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Very exhausted. XD; In my case, I suppose what it comes down to is that I've accepted the official explanations offered and decided to leave it at that.

sanpiseth40
Vassal
Vassal

Postby sanpiseth40 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:47 pm

Nippon Ichi Software has officially announced Criminal Girls 2 for PS Vita ... The game will launch in Japan on November 26 for 5,980 yen via ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
บอลพรุ่งนี้

rithkhmer
Vassal
Vassal

Postby rithkhmer » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:31 am

thank for good post and sharing......

โคนัน

Return to “General Chat”