Currently playing and other stuff

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
User avatar
Kyoko Needleworker
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility
Posts: 374
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:05 am
Location: Evil Acadamy

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Kyoko Needleworker » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:06 am

Cracking through Kingdom Hearts 1.5 before Disgaea d2 comes out next week.
Anyone know how long Chain of Memories is roughly?

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Darcnova » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:41 am

Grandia - This is actually my first time playing it, and I'm 10 hours in, after getting arrested by the army.

User avatar
Magidracky
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Deep within the Gameindustri Graveyard.

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Magidracky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:50 am

Ringwraith wrote:Although you can't roll more than twice in a row here without pause. :P
Much more amusing when you no longer roll due to the magic part of your destiny.
I had the same setup, but it was more for the chakrams, because chakrams are indeed awesome.


Just unlocked the Arcanist destiny, and holy crap the way it changes your dodge move is awesome. This game does a great job of making you feel progressively more badass every time you level up.

So far this is turning out to be a great impulse buy.
Image

User avatar
JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6146
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby JerichoDeath » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:07 pm

Magidracky wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Although you can't roll more than twice in a row here without pause. :P
Much more amusing when you no longer roll due to the magic part of your destiny.
I had the same setup, but it was more for the chakrams, because chakrams are indeed awesome.


Just unlocked the Arcanist destiny, and holy crap the way it changes your dodge move is awesome. This game does a great job of making you feel progressively more badass every time you level up.

So far this is turning out to be a great impulse buy.


I had considered playing that, but I haven't gotten around to it.
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Magidracky
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron
Posts: 742
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:11 am
Location: Deep within the Gameindustri Graveyard.

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Magidracky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 pm

JerichoDeath wrote:I had considered playing that, but I haven't gotten around to it.


It's pretty great if you can get it cheap. The story and characters are pretty cliché (so far), and the loot system seems to be a little too generous with powerful/rare items (which makes money pointless), but the combo of God of War style combat with RPG character building is awesome.
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Magidracky wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Although you can't roll more than twice in a row here without pause. :P
Much more amusing when you no longer roll due to the magic part of your destiny.
I had the same setup, but it was more for the chakrams, because chakrams are indeed awesome.


Just unlocked the Arcanist destiny, and holy crap the way it changes your dodge move is awesome. This game does a great job of making you feel progressively more badass every time you level up.

So far this is turning out to be a great impulse buy.

Wait until you get the next one.
You will be 'rolling' offensively.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby lopez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:17 pm

Finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening 8-)

Total game time on hard/classic (includes grinding and all in-game paralogues): ~30 hours. I had to grind for about 4 hours to get over the difficulty hump of those last 3 levels... :?

I might do a new FeMC playthrough on Lunatic mode :shock:
Image

User avatar
JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6146
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby JerichoDeath » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:05 pm

lopez wrote:Finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening 8-)

Total game time on hard/classic (includes grinding and all in-game paralogues): ~30 hours. I had to grind for about 4 hours to get over the difficulty hump of those last 3 levels... :?

I might do a new FeMC playthrough on Lunatic mode :shock:


Wait, Waifu Awakening actually gets difficult~!?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 35572
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Darcnova » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:07 pm

It does, especially if you play at higher difficulty :lol:

I had to ragequit Grandia...it's an easy game, but I was ambushed by these stupid cobras and killed...and my last save didn't go through :lol:

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby lopez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:27 pm

JerichoDeath wrote:
lopez wrote:Finally beat Fire Emblem Awakening 8-)

Total game time on hard/classic (includes grinding and all in-game paralogues): ~30 hours. I had to grind for about 4 hours to get over the difficulty hump of those last 3 levels... :?

I might do a new FeMC playthrough on Lunatic mode :shock:


Wait, Waifu Awakening actually gets difficult~!?


Lunatic/Classic mode says hi~
Image

User avatar
JerichoDeath
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 6146
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:16 pm
Location: (╬ ಠ益ಠ)
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby JerichoDeath » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:30 pm

lopez wrote:Lunatic/Classic mode says hi~


I always play Classic; That "easy" mode doesn't make sense to me.
-but were you already playing Lunatic before?
Image
Image
Image

User avatar
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Posts: 17771
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: at school silly :p
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby lopez » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:35 pm

I initially played Lunatic, but I was getting pwned too much, so I did a hard/classic play just for the story. Now I'm going to work on my FeMC Lunatic run with all the DLC I unlocked with the spot/streetpass (which is huge apparently).
Image

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Beedlebud » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:52 pm

Kid Icarus Uprising-

Chapter 9- Haha. They got me. I thought the game was over when they started showing the credits.

Chapter 10- I've heard that Hades is one of the best villains Nintendo's come up with, and he doesn't disappoint. He's hilarious.

Chapter 11- The subversion of Gods/Goddesses tropes continues :o The goddess of nature is...waaay different than I expected. A little girl out to destroy humanity. Well then. And another treasure hunt, geez O.o

This game keeps getting better.
Image

User avatar
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 13261
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:55 am
Contact:

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Porecomesis » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:23 pm

Beedlebud wrote:Kid Icarus Uprising-

Chapter 9- Haha. They got me. I thought the game was over when they started showing the credits.

Chapter 10- I've heard that Hades is one of the best villains Nintendo's come up with, and he doesn't disappoint. He's hilarious.

Chapter 11- The subversion of Gods/Goddesses tropes continues :o The goddess of nature is...waaay different than I expected. A little girl out to destroy humanity. Well then. And another treasure hunt, geez O.o

This game keeps getting better.

Oh Pitty-paaaaaat~!

User avatar
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 12642
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:12 pm
Location: Inkopolis

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Beedlebud » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:27 pm

Porecomesis wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:Kid Icarus Uprising-

Chapter 9- Haha. They got me. I thought the game was over when they started showing the credits.

Chapter 10- I've heard that Hades is one of the best villains Nintendo's come up with, and he doesn't disappoint. He's hilarious.

Chapter 11- The subversion of Gods/Goddesses tropes continues :o The goddess of nature is...waaay different than I expected. A little girl out to destroy humanity. Well then. And another treasure hunt, geez O.o

This game keeps getting better.

Oh Pitty-paaaaaat~!


Yeeeeesss :lol:
Image


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests