Currently playing and other stuff

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Nuhji
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Re: Porecomesis and 'Time and Eternity'

Postby Nuhji » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:10 am

Porecomesis wrote:Shockingly enough, while the writing's a massive puddle of piddle and the animation looks like it was frozen all the way back in 1929, the gameplay of Time and Eternity is actually tolerable. To a degree, mind.

Here's hoping Neptunia hasn't eroded my standards that much.

reminds me I really need to continue playing Time and Eternity
didn't get far in it before I got distracted by another game (think i was at chapter 2), but I know I found it interesting and neat
PSN: Nuhji8, NNID: Nuhji9, 3ds FC: 4210-5022-3943

Nepdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby Nepdood » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:27 am

Gene wrote:
Spoiler:
I just bought 7 PS+ card from gamestop and the line was really long. It looks like they're selling PS4 and Xbox One and about half of the people there were trying to get one.

Now i won't have to worry about my PS+ membership until 2018.

Wow :shock:

Maybe there might be some more PS+ cards around still where I'm at...

3DS, XBL, PSN, Steam: Mekgolo
Try out my game: Super Space Armada

greenzsaber
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby greenzsaber » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:12 am

You can get a PS+ code from Amazon for the same BF price and skip the long lines.
Spoiler:

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Porecomesis and 'Time and Eternity'

Postby Beedlebud » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:43 pm

Porecomesis wrote:Shockingly enough, while the writing's a massive puddle of piddle and the animation looks like it was frozen all the way back in 1929, the gameplay of Time and Eternity is actually tolerable. To a degree, mind.

Here's hoping Neptunia hasn't eroded my standards that much.

Heh heh...

Overlord keroro
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Overlord keroro » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:12 pm

Gene wrote:I just bought 7 PS+ card from gamestop and the line was really long. It looks like they're selling PS4 and Xbox One and about half of the people there were trying to get one.

That doesn't sound right shouldn't it end in 2020 since u brought 7 yrs.
3DS Friend Code: 3394-3876-6771
NNID: Soulpiece

Archvile
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Archvile » Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:21 pm

Going back to neptunia V now that i finished Link between worlds yesterday.

Gene
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Gene » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:02 pm

Overlord keroro wrote:
Gene wrote:I just bought 7 PS+ card from gamestop and the line was really long. It looks like they're selling PS4 and Xbox One and about half of the people there were trying to get one.

That doesn't sound right shouldn't it end in 2020 since u brought 7 yrs.

I reserved two for the giveaway.
Spoiler:

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:20 pm

Started another new game on Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 about a week ago. I've been switching between that and Call of Duty: Ghosts on the PS4. I've also been slowly working at Atelier Meruru Plus.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 pm

I decided to take a break from grinding to fight Baal in DD2 for a while ('cuz seriously, that's an effing long grind) and pop sumthin' else in my PS3. I chose Guided Fate Paradox. Currently on Lesson 3, loving it so far. Kinda annoying that there're cutscenes between pretty much every friggin' floor of every dungeon so far, but it's mitigated by the stories (which for the uninformed, are episodic - 1 story per Lesson/Episode) being told catching my interest - and that's not even getting into the overarching plot, which is seriously intriguing me.

Lesson 1 thoughts: Well that was quite a way to mess with the tale of Cinderella. GFP deconstructed and reconstructed (if I have my terminology correct anyway XD) her story in rather nice fashion. And the boss being
Spoiler:
a killer demon Cinderella (basically, anyway)

was actually rather cool, methinks. A little weird, maybe, but still quite cool.

Lesson 2 thoughts: And now GFP plays with zombie tropes in interesting fashion. The weakling zombie was kinda grating, although I kinda felt for the guy at the same time. He also kinda made up for it when
Spoiler:
he finally manned up and turned into a giant zombie for the boss fight. Incidentally, the boss fight in question was kinda tricky, but I like a challenge. ^^

I've only just started Lesson 3, so no real opinion on it yet. Cute mermaid girl, though. I wonder what other kinds of weird things might have wishes to be granted...

As for the primary cast of Renya, the various angels, and the demons, I like 'em so far; they've definitely got my attention. Also, I gotta give points to GFP for the lack of a tsundere in its (primary) cast. Or at least for having a tsundere that's actually well enough written that I can't tell they're a tsundere yet, as opposed to the norm for that char archetype that basically yells out 'HEY, I'M THE RESIDENT TSUNDERE! MAKE ME POPULAR EVEN IF I'M BADLY WRITTEN AND ABUSE MY LOVE INTEREST WHO I'M OBVIOUSLY GONNA END UP WITH IN THE END NO MATTER HOW MANY OTHER GIRLS THERE ARE!' as loud as possible while their creator jerks off in their bathtub full of money. Long story short, the only chars I've really disliked so far are Cinderella's stepsisters and stepmother, but hating them was obviously the point. There was also the weakling zombie, who, as I mentioned, had a rather grating voice, but the poor guy was just so dang pitiable that I couldn't really bring myself to dislike him.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Dynasty Warriors 8- Working on getting all the animals, which of course means 100 consecutive battles for the elephant. I'm over halfway there though!
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

Rin-chan
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rin-chan » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:31 am

Ys I, LOZ: ALTTP, and I'll be starting New Atelier Rorona today as well. My knowledge of Japanese will be tested with this game :lol:

Magidracky
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Magidracky » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:10 am

Just beat Amnesia: The Dark Descent. Not really scary, but I enjoyed the experience. The voice actor for the main character was surprisingly good.

Currently playing Stalker: Call of Pripyat. It's remarkably better than SoC was, if for no other reason than the fact that they cut down on the number of bandits in The Zone significantly and made most of them neutral, so the survival horror aspects of the game no longer play second fiddle to endless firefights with human enemies that respawn immediately when you leave an area.

I'm also contemplating dusting off my Vita and giving this copy of Y's: Memories of Celceta that I forgot I preordered a go.

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 pm

Going to be starting KZ:SF soonish, probably tomorrow.

cress
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby cress » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:05 pm

I really loved Final Fantasy XIII. I know that's not a popular standpoint, but regardless, I bought Final Fantasy XIII-2 on day one.

At the time, I was pretty disappointed with XIII-2, because it didn't have Lightning, I didn't like the monster ally system, I wasn't crazy about the time traveling, and I didn't like Noel all that much. I made it pretty far in the game, probably pretty close to the end, but I shelved it because I lost interest.

A couple of days ago, I decided to give it another chance, so I started a new game. For whatever reason, all of my old gripes with the game are pretty much gone. It's really a great game.

Aushria
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aushria » Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:18 am

cress wrote:I really loved Final Fantasy XIII. I know that's not a popular standpoint, but regardless, I bought Final Fantasy XIII-2 on day one.

Same here pretty much.

At the time, I was pretty disappointed with XIII-2, because it didn't have Lightning, I didn't like the monster ally system, I wasn't crazy about the time traveling, and I didn't like Noel all that much. I made it pretty far in the game, probably pretty close to the end, but I shelved it because I lost interest.

I played for about eight hours on launch day and didn't return to it for a few months.

I got the Academia; begrudgingly might I add, and then I dropped it all together.

A couple of days ago, I decided to give it another chance, so I started a new game. For whatever reason, all of my old gripes with the game are pretty much gone. It's really a great game.

I went back and finished it about a month ago, it's a really fantastic game when you actually look past the brand name its behind (XIII not Final Fantasy). The same can actually be said for Lightning Returns as well, it is by far the best; if not the most flawed, entry in the series. Which is a real shame.

That aside... to be on topic, I am currently playing:

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
BlazBlue:ChronoPhantasma (Online matches, learning Makoto and training on fight stick)
Pokemon X (Team building!)
Persona 4 Golden
Super Mario 3D World (Special world stages and the fifth character are <3)

Return to “General Chat”