Currently playing and other stuff

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Currently playing and other stuff

Postby lopez » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:19 pm

BS - up to ch.3 IIRC

Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Alantor2013 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:47 am

Fire Emblem Fates: On the Birthright Route and on Birthright Chapter 9, I think. Won my first Castle invasion battle. So I may get the Conquest route and some DLC once I got some eShop funds.

Gotta say, I am having lots of fun on the Birthright route. I heard the Conquest route is harder than Birthright and Revelations, so I may get some DLC for my FE Fates game.

Question though, if I purchase some DLC maps on Birthright, can I also use them in Conquest or Revelations or do I have to buy them again in the route I choose?
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:16 am

Alantor2013 wrote:Gotta say, I am having lots of fun on the Birthright route. I heard the Conquest route is harder than Birthright and Revelations, so I may get some DLC for my FE Fates game.

Question though, if I purchase some DLC maps on Birthright, can I also use them in Conquest or Revelations or do I have to buy them again in the route I choose?

Yes you may use them in Birthright, Conquest and Revelations, it works like this, you go to the Dragon's Gate and simply select which ones you wanna play, you can even play them multiple times.

I personally I have found the difficulty to be ok (on hard - classic) also with the DLC's the main reason for the difficulty is gone ( so don't worry! not being able to farm gold/exp is part of the difficulty, but the DLCs let you exactly that), I have played the japanese version, but I don't think the difficulty was changed compared to the western version, a friend of mine is playing the EU release and had a similar experience regarding the difficulty, also I plan on borrowing his cartridge when he's done, to understand the story, (can't read Japanese, didn't get a damn apart what I read on websites), but I heard Conquest seems to have a more intereresting plot than birthright.
Last edited by RandomR on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:21 am

There's only one DLC map which allows you to gain experience in Conquest (because it's the exp farming map, so would have no point existing otherwise), all other maps (and multiplayer functions) yield no experience on a Conquest campaign.
Although it will scale to your level, so this can be bad news anyway.

However, complaining that it's easy when you're using the express thing designed to make things easy, seems a bit silly.
They already included Phoenix mode for difficulty roadblock removal.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

RandomR
Majin
Majin

Postby RandomR » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:28 am

Ringwraith wrote:However, complaining that it's easy when you're using the express thing designed to make things easy, seems a bit silly.

I didn't use them, was playing on hard, and I didn't mean to complain, I meant to say the difficulty seemed about right, otherwise would have played in lunatic!

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:51 am

Although apparently it can be tricky even if you've got Phoenix mode on.
Extra failure conditions!
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:46 pm

Trophy Hunter's League 8: So... many... TROPHIES!!! Image

I've gotten 542 trophies, 13 plats, and increased 2 PSN levels plus climbing dozens of ranks on the PSNP world leaderboard in the space of four and a half days. There are still people well ahead of me in THL 8. Image
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:34 pm

"Odin Sphere Leifthrasir" for the PSVita

I've never played the original on the PS2 but having played and enjoyed both "Muramasa" and "Dragon's Crown" (especially the former), I've definitely been enjoying this one so far. The way the reworked combat plays out feels like it was almost taken straight from "Muramasa" which is all good for me.

I've also decided to challenge myself and jumped straight into the game on Hard, the highest default difficulty. On top of that, I'm S ranking every rankable battle. And if I don't get it, I'm retrying immediately until I do. Due to that, some of the minibosses and even some of the normal encounters were an absolute pain. Doesn't help that I'm ending up a bit underleveled so far.

As far as progress goes, I'm 10-ish hours in and only am just reaching the end of Gwendolyn's story so I still have a long ways to go to actually finishing the game.

AnimeIsReal
Vassal
Vassal

Postby AnimeIsReal » Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:26 pm

I am currently replaying Shin Megami Tensei IV. With Apocalypse coming, I feel a revisit is appropriate.

I never get bored watching the story unfold, even after playing it times before. I cannot imagine how Apocalypse will follow up on it.
I have zero redeeming qualities.

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Gone Home - Working on the timed trophies
The Hatoful Boyfriend Holiday expansion - Going through the second story
Pokemon Yellow - Getting ready to enter Rock Tunnel
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:02 pm

Currently Playing
Zombi

Waiting to be played/finished
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia
Atelier Sophie: The Alchemist of the Mysterious Book
Doom
Megadiemension Neptunia: Victory II
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
Tales of Zestiria

Recently Played/Beat Jan 16 - Dec 16
The Division
Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India
The Walking Dead: Michonne
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Fallout 4

Waiting for/to get(list subject to change)
Agent
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
Days Gone
Dead Island 2
Dishonored 2
Dragonball Xenoverse 2
Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force
For Honor
Horizon: Zero Dawn
Resident Evil 7
Shenmue 3
Star Ocean: Integrity and Faithlessness(pre-ordered)
Titanfall 2
The Walking Dead Season 3
The Walking Dead: Overkill
Watch_Dogs 2
Last edited by XCronoX on Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:55 pm

Well, I WAS playing Senran Kagura Burst, but then I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate at the start of this month and I've been dragged off by the monsters!

It may be a self-imposed challenge or something, but I'm focusing on the Guild Quests first, trying to get better gear to make the main story stuff that much easier later. Today I managed to reach HR+3. ...If I can defeat Gore Magala on what basically constitutes Hard Mode (since Guild Quest monsters are stronger), then the story mode's going to be a piece of cake. Especially with the better gear I'll have by the time I get there.

I'll always consider the humble Jaggi as my favorite creature of the series (I'd MUCH rather have a couple of Jaggi allies than these helpful-but-boring Palicos), though this series has also introduced me to Kecha Wacha and Najarala to go along with my other favorites like Lagiacrus, Nargacuga, Agnaktor (which, sadly, aren't in 4 Ultimate), Lagombi and Dalamadur.

I've pre-ordered Generations too. ...I'll no doubt still be playing 4 Ultimate by the time it gets released next month. ...I have no idea what I'm going to do when that happens.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Nuhji
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nuhji » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:50 pm

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Well, I WAS playing Senran Kagura Burst, but then I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate at the start of this month and I've been dragged off by the monsters!

It may be a self-imposed challenge or something, but I'm focusing on the Guild Quests first, trying to get better gear to make the main story stuff that much easier later. Today I managed to reach HR+3. ...If I can defeat Gore Magala on what basically constitutes Hard Mode (since Guild Quest monsters are stronger), then the story mode's going to be a piece of cake. Especially with the better gear I'll have by the time I get there.

I'll always consider the humble Jaggi as my favorite creature of the series (I'd MUCH rather have a couple of Jaggi allies than these helpful-but-boring Palicos), though this series has also introduced me to Kecha Wacha and Najarala to go along with my other favorites like Lagiacrus, Nargacuga, Agnaktor (which, sadly, aren't in 4 Ultimate), Lagombi and Dalamadur.

I've pre-ordered Generations too. ...I'll no doubt still be playing 4 Ultimate by the time it gets released next month. ...I have no idea what I'm going to do when that happens.

I think there might be some things that you need to progress the story in Village quests to be able to access? (been so long since I played the early game though so idr)
it may also end up pretty time consuming to farm the guild only monsters for rare parts alone xD (i know this from experience in 3U, plenty of hours stuck farming G rank solo on 3DS)
PSN: Nuhji8, NNID: Nuhji9, 3ds FC: 4210-5022-3943

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:15 am

Nuhji wrote:
Byzantian-Fandango wrote:Well, I WAS playing Senran Kagura Burst, but then I got Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate at the start of this month and I've been dragged off by the monsters!

I think there might be some things that you need to progress the story in Village quests to be able to access? (been so long since I played the early game though so idr)
it may also end up pretty time consuming to farm the guild only monsters for rare parts alone xD (i know this from experience in 3U, plenty of hours stuck farming G rank solo on 3DS)

Your phrasing's a tad confusing, but I think I understand. I get the sense that the Guild Quests are entirely disconnected from the main story quests. It seems possible to do the entire story without touching the Guild and vice-versa. However, I HAVE made some story progress, up to Cheeko Sands, so that I at least have access to Decorations and the Wycoon.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Nuhji
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Nuhji » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:32 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
Nuhji wrote:

Your phrasing's a tad confusing, but I think I understand. I get the sense that the Guild Quests are entirely disconnected from the main story quests. It seems possible to do the entire story without touching the Guild and vice-versa. However, I HAVE made some story progress, up to Cheeko Sands, so that I at least have access to Decorations and the Wycoon.

alright then I think you have some of the more important stuff for now then, there is more i think though, but I was mainly thinking on decorations cause they can be very useful
PSN: Nuhji8, NNID: Nuhji9, 3ds FC: 4210-5022-3943

Return to “General Chat”