Mighty No.9 Out Now!!!

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Rednal » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 am

It's not amazing, but it's not terrible, either. It's basically the sort of game intended for people who really enjoy sidescrolling platformers and developing their skills.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Rednal wrote:It's not amazing, but it's not terrible, either. It's basically the sort of game intended for people who really enjoy sidescrolling platformers and developing their skills.

Your first statement screams "mediocre". Your second statement implies that the Megaman fan-base aren't the exact people who have basically already said this game is a poor execution of that exact concept.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:34 pm

Rednal wrote:*Tosses popcorn into mouth*

I feel like some of the complaining is just people jumping on the bandwagon.

Can't blame them for feeling that way $4 million dollars, 4 delays, released after 3 years of being announced all for a mediocre game? People shouldn't settle for "okay" after all of that. It's just not worth it.

lopez wrote:So, how is the game? I'm not hearing too many good things... :?

lol my first post that bumped this thread was me saying I already had the game way before release. Could have told you what it's like then :?

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:36 pm

If the sequel is greenlighted, what are some features, changes, modifications, etc... that you want to see?

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Shockingly, I've been enjoying the game. Technecially speaking it's not too impressive, but I rather like how it plays. It doesn't feel ENTIRELY like Megaman, since the game as a whole is encouraging you to be very fast and precise rather than standing still and blasting enemies. I can see people expecting something purely plays like Megaman to be disappointed and not understand how the dashing works, but things clicked with me and I can see the appeal a lot.

Alice Twilight wrote:Can't blame them for feeling that way $4 million dollars, 4 delays, released after 3 years of being announced all for a mediocre game? People shouldn't settle for "okay" after all of that. It's just not worth it.

It's worth it if people still have fun with the end product. That's really all there is to it. I didn't expect MN9 to reinvent the wheel, I expected MN9 to be a sidescrolling platform with a Megaman format. And to be released. Now we've hit both those things.

lopez wrote:If the sequel is greenlighted, what are some features, changes, modifications, etc... that you want to see?

E-Tanks need to be changed. You won't get hit if you're good and so it's a non-issue there, but for casual play they're barely around. There also needs to be smarter design choices (there is literally a barrel on top of a ladder that only exists to slow you down), and the instant death traps can get outright unneccessary. Most of the time they're tolerable, but there are two sawblades in the Power plant stage that you have to low dodge under, and if you're not close enough when you do it, the dash ends too short and you die, and if you walk too close you of course die. Too much of a time killer.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Mighty No.9 Out Now!!!

Postby lopez » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:34 pm

I might check this out eventually, though the focus on dashing is a major turnoff. I'll use it for speedruns, to be sure, but I don't like it as such a major mechanic... :?

sinsoleng
Vassal
Vassal

Re: Mighty No.9 Out Now!!!

Postby sinsoleng » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:05 am

The dash function seems interesting, but also tedious at the same time. It'll make speedruns more interesting, but I can't shake the feeling that it'll make the gameplay feel more rushed.

(*หีฟิต*)

Return to “General Chat”