Mighty No.9 Out Now!!!

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:16 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:What right do people have to hide things from the people backing the game with real money thats where alot of the issues are
If publishers and developers want successful kickstarters they will need to be alot more open and honest

NDAS from the people paying you that doesn't look good anyway you look at it


Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:44 pm

Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:What right do people have to hide things from the people backing the game with real money thats where alot of the issues are
If publishers and developers want successful kickstarters they will need to be alot more open and honest

NDAS from the people paying you that doesn't look good anyway you look at it


Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.


If you learned how to comprehend what you are quoting I might take you seriously but as is you quoted a post without a single insult
If you cant deal with somebody pointing out the truth maybe you should take a break from the forums

As is i was explaining what alot of MN9 backers feel that didn't back Re hash i mean Red Ash
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:56 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:What right do people have to hide things from the people backing the game with real money thats where alot of the issues are
If publishers and developers want successful kickstarters they will need to be alot more open and honest

NDAS from the people paying you that doesn't look good anyway you look at it


Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.


If you learned how to comprehend what you are quoting I might take you seriously but as is you quoted a post without a single insult
If you cant deal with somebody pointing out the truth maybe you should take a break from the forums

As is i was explaining what alot of MN9 backers feel that didn't back Re hash i mean Red Ash
'

And you're just trolling and expressing hatred of a well known game developer. And what you said about me take a break from the forums was insulting me. We get it, you don't like Inafune and accuse him of being a conartist. And what you said as truth is just your opinion. What you said is not fact.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:10 pm

Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:What right do people have to hide things from the people backing the game with real money thats where alot of the issues are
If publishers and developers want successful kickstarters they will need to be alot more open and honest

NDAS from the people paying you that doesn't look good anyway you look at it


Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.


If you learned how to comprehend what you are quoting I might take you seriously but as is you quoted a post without a single insult
If you cant deal with somebody pointing out the truth maybe you should take a break from the forums

As is i was explaining what alot of MN9 backers feel that didn't back Re hash i mean Red Ash
'

And you're just trolling and expressing hatred of a well known game developer. And what you said about me take a break from the forums was insulting me. We get it, you don't like Inafune and accuse him of being a conartist. And what you said as truth is just your opinion. What you said is not fact.


Wow just wow suggesting something has turned into an insult where have i been my whole life?
I also wish to know how i'm spreading the hate cause i have friends that donated to MN9 and didn't Donate to red ash cause they felt betrayed
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:13 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:What right do people have to hide things from the people backing the game with real money thats where alot of the issues are
If publishers and developers want successful kickstarters they will need to be alot more open and honest

NDAS from the people paying you that doesn't look good anyway you look at it


Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.


If you learned how to comprehend what you are quoting I might take you seriously but as is you quoted a post without a single insult
If you cant deal with somebody pointing out the truth maybe you should take a break from the forums

As is i was explaining what alot of MN9 backers feel that didn't back Re hash i mean Red Ash
'

And you're just trolling and expressing hatred of a well known game developer. And what you said about me take a break from the forums was insulting me. We get it, you don't like Inafune and accuse him of being a conartist. And what you said as truth is just your opinion. What you said is not fact.


Wow just wow suggesting something has turned into an insult where have i been my whole life?
I also wish to know how i'm spreading the hate cause i have friends that donated to MN9 and didn't Donate to red ash cause they felt betrayed


It's not a insult, I'm trying to tell you that Inafune is not a conartist and what you say about him is just your opinion, not fact. Or need I remind you of you calling Bamco Scamco because of a mistake they made while making Tales of Zesteria? Companies learn from their mistakes, they don't steal from people. That's not how the world works. Bamco has made good games in the past, so did Inafune.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:30 pm

Beep beep boop boop beep boop boop beep beep boop error error can not find this hate in those quotes error error im malfunctioning trying so hard but systems shutting dooowwwwn
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Beep beep boop boop beep boop boop beep beep boop error error can not find this hate in those quotes error error im malfunctioning trying so hard but systems shutting dooowwwwn


You are hating Inafune and for good reason. You called him a conartist, which clearly means you hate him. Game delays happened all the time and Mighty No. 9 being delayed to February 2016 is because Inafune and his team are fixing up the game's problems before they can release it. This whole Inafune hating thing started because of the MN9 board manager, Dina being a dick to everyone and abusing her power to ban anyone who doesn't agree with her. So the hatred should be taken out on her, not Inafune.

Also, I think you're insulting me because I put up a reasonable opinion... >_>
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Ringwraith » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:46 pm

Alantor2013 wrote:Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.

On this mildly-tangential subject: Whether or not he actually is one is minor compared to the fact it looks like the wool trying to be pulled over everyone's eyes to get their money.

When it comes to crowd-funding, appearances are everything.

Not been helping their own cases. Which is why you get low backer support for the latest Kickstarter and withdrawals of pledges in droves after massive late status-changing updates.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 5:49 pm

Ringwraith wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:Not this again... We know you don't like Inafune and calling him a scam artist and crap, but things like game delays happen and it's not Inafune's fault, the game has some issues and he's fixing them. He's not stealing everyone's money. It's those morons at Protodude's blog who are immature brats hungry for new MegaMan games and they pin the blame on Inafune for the Mega drought and bash anything that isn't MegaMan related.

So I don't know why you think Inafune is a conartist and dishonest person, but I think you have no idea how game developing works.

On this mildly-tangential subject: Whether or not he actually is one is minor compared to the fact it looks like the wool trying to be pulled over everyone's eyes to get their money.

When it comes to crowd-funding, appearances are everything.

Not been helping their own cases. Which is why you get low backer support for the latest Kickstarter and withdrawals of pledges in droves after massive late status-changing updates.


True, game developers learn from their mistakes and overtime, they regain their fans' trust. If a game developer makes a game and his/her fans don't like it, they can either remake it or make a sequel by using feedback from the fans. Mistakes happen and learning from mistakes provides benefits, if you make a sequel and it didn't recieve fan anticpation, try, try again until you get it right.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Alantor let me explain something you seem to be missing this well known developer doesn't have such a great track record as you believe
Ninja Gaiden Yaiba flopped this developer was behind that this developer shutdown Clover studios this developer has cancelled a game
this developer announces a second and third kickstarter after he hasn't released his first game 1 anime 1 game on top of that he announces a live action movie all hes doing is showing he can start projects but not finish any

Also you don't even get that kickstarter is about appearance and well with everything hes done he doesn't have a good appearance anymore
It's easy to sit behind a company and let the company take the blame for your screw ups but its a whole different situation when your rep is on the line aka kickstarter

Kickstarter can break well known developers if they fail because the backers have expectations and if those aren't met there not going to back you again
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:44 pm

Ringwraith wrote:Just because you have 'proven' you can make games before doesn't mean you can deliver on the entirely-different model of crowd-funding.
Dude. Dude. Are you for real right now? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

Ringwraith wrote:Yes, but it's a whole combination of things.
They didn't mention they might seek other ways of funding, just pulled this surprise very late in the deadline. Besides, if you thought there was a good chance of it getting through and couldn't mention it, postponing the whole Kickstarter seems like a good way to make it not seem dishonest.
It just really turned a heck of a lot of people off.
That's actually not entirely true. They mention right there on the Red Ash Kickstarter page they wanted to go with a publisher for the "full" Red Ash game, and given the situation in China and the publisher in question, it's quite possible we don't even know the full story there - who's to say they weren't working out deals with publishers before the KS even started (hence why they mention the idea on the KS itself), and one rang them up when they saw they could probably buy in at a better deal than what was originally on the table when they saw the KS probably going to fail?

We don't know, but people are choosing to assume the worst anyway.

Furthermore, all of the Red Ash stuff was very recent, when people have been upset at this thing for a while. The fact it's all people tend to cling to now just goes to show that there really was no leg to stand on beforehand.

And even if this was totally bad of them, because someone at Comcept acknowledged a while back this could have gone better anyway, so fucking what?

At this point, people are coming up with reasons to be angry at this because they want to be angry at it. It doesn't matter if something is true or not or if there's more to whatever's going on that is very easy to find out - if there's even a little snippet of something people can "use" to be angry at this project, they'll use it.

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Alantor let me explain something you seem to be missing this well known developer doesn't have such a great track record as you believe
Ninja Gaiden Yaiba flopped this developer was behind that this developer shutdown Clover studios this developer has cancelled a game
this developer announces a second and third kickstarter after he hasn't released his first game 1 anime 1 game on top of that he announces a live action movie all hes doing is showing he can start projects but not finish any
See what I mean? Look at this garbage.
Image

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:46 pm

Seventh wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:Just because you have 'proven' you can make games before doesn't mean you can deliver on the entirely-different model of crowd-funding.
Dude. Dude. Are you for real right now? That doesn't even begin to make sense.

Ringwraith wrote:Yes, but it's a whole combination of things.
They didn't mention they might seek other ways of funding, just pulled this surprise very late in the deadline. Besides, if you thought there was a good chance of it getting through and couldn't mention it, postponing the whole Kickstarter seems like a good way to make it not seem dishonest.
It just really turned a heck of a lot of people off.
That's actually not entirely true. They mention right there on the Red Ash Kickstarter page they wanted to go with a publisher for the "full" Red Ash game, and given the situation in China and the publisher in question, it's quite possible we don't even know the full story there - who's to say they weren't working out deals with publishers before the KS even started (hence why they mention the idea on the KS itself), and one rang them up when they saw they could probably buy in at a better deal than what was originally on the table when they saw the KS probably going to fail?

We don't know, but people are choosing to assume the worst anyway.

Furthermore, all of the Red Ash stuff was very recent, when people have been upset at this thing for a while. The fact it's all people tend to cling to now just goes to show that there really was no leg to stand on beforehand.

And even if this was totally bad of them, because someone at Comcept acknowledged a while back this could have gone better anyway, so fucking what?

At this point, people are coming up with reasons to be angry at this because they want to be angry at it. It doesn't matter if something is true or not or if there's more to whatever's going on that is very easy to find out - if there's even a little snippet of something people can "use" to be angry at this project, they'll use it.

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Alantor let me explain something you seem to be missing this well known developer doesn't have such a great track record as you believe
Ninja Gaiden Yaiba flopped this developer was behind that this developer shutdown Clover studios this developer has cancelled a game
this developer announces a second and third kickstarter after he hasn't released his first game 1 anime 1 game on top of that he announces a live action movie all hes doing is showing he can start projects but not finish any
See what I mean? Look at this garbage.


Yeah. You have a point there, Seventh.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:02 pm

Seventh nice job on explaining why everything i said is garbage see what i mean your explanation was pure garbage because you explained absolutely nothing
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:04 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Seventh nice job on explaining why everything i said is garbage see what i mean your explanation was pure garbage because you explained absolutely nothing


Seventh made some valid points and you're insulting him because he's a well mature person. He did explain the events happening with Inafune.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:13 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Seventh nice job on explaining why everything i said is garbage see what i mean your explanation was pure garbage because you explained absolutely nothing
Refer to the part of my post above yours.

To address your points in order:

Yaiba was was a joint project developed by Spark Unlimited, who had previously only ever made mediocre at best games, Team Ninja, and Comcept. Comcept does not "develop" games, they basically create ideas and designs and work with other developers to make stuff work. In other words, 2/3 of the game's not being good is on Team Ninja and Spark, and how it played is especially on them since, again, Comcept doesn't have as much to do with that, especially technical stuff - if it was buggy or anything like that, that's not even where they come in to begin with.

If anything killed Clover Studio, it was probably the core of it leaving Capcom to go form Platinum more than it was big mean Inafune deciding a studio had to get shut down.

The only game the developer "cancelled" was Kaio, and that had turned into a money sink for two companies that clearly couldn't handle it. It also seems to be that Marvelous were more the ones that wanted out, from what I've gathered, but again, this seems like another thing where we don't know for sure but today's clickbait-driven populous loves assuming the worst.

The rest has already been addressed multiple times. Anyone barking up the "wah wah they announced more kickstarters when they still haven't released a game!" tree is just ignoring the facts at this point. Unfortunately, that seems to be pretty much everyone.

That's not to say I agree with them having an anime Kickstarter, but still, the resources going into a potential anime have little to do with what's happening with Mighty No. 9 - not to mention all of the side MN9 stuff hasn't happened yet, may not happen, or are "in talk" at best, save the one cartoon which Comcept was approached about.
Image


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests