Mighty No.9 Out Now!!!

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:21 pm

DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Forgot about that one, admittedly, but given the date, their role on MN9 would have been done, and the game is certainly going to be out by the time any movie comes out. I've had some time with the demo and it really is looking pretty complete, so it does seem like they weren't lying about the issues being in the online when they talked about the delays - and considering they've got like ten systems to get this ready for, it's not that hard to believe anyway.
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:40 am

I was just saying why people weren't very supportive.
As it came across as being shifty.
Nothing to do but wait and see if the original end result is any good.

But still, doing a second Kickstarter before the first one has borne fruit was such a bad move.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Tue Sep 29, 2015 7:21 am

Only in a world of overly cynical people that also don't actually read.

The anime one, yes, that was a bad idea, but not the main one. It shared almost no Comcept staff with Mighty and they're basically done with it anyway - worse still, literally no one is complaining that the actual MN9 developer is doing multiple Kickstarters and other games. It also suggests that those people should sit on their asses and not work because of a project many of them aren't even involved with. That's idiotic.

That whole argument is just hypocritical nonsense.
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Ringwraith » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:35 am

Well, I understand the way the funding works, but it's also kind of a big ask.
It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.

People have gotten more wary of crowd-funding as time's gone on and projects have collapsed or certainly not lived up to their own promises, they're going to be critical of where they put their own money.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3131
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby zatrox » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:38 am

Seventh wrote:Only in a world of overly cynical people that also don't actually read.

And where exactly do you think you live in?

It's a sound argument, however. People aren't happy with MN9's KS. They release another before even releasing the game they promised to deliver a while ago. Sure, from a business perspective it makes sense, but you're trying to appeal to individuals for them to give you money. That's not the best way to do it.

Comcept doesn't even necessarily have to rely on crowdfunding from the get-go, either. It's just another source of income for them, which is kind of dishonest, because the whole original idea behind crowdfunding was to make things that otherwise wouldn't happen at all, happen. Not just another version of a pre-order button with the added bonus of your name at the end of the credits or something.

Most people realized this, or went by a similar line of thought.
Image
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 am

Ringwraith wrote:It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.
You're not really doing a good job proving the whole "people aren't reading" thing wrong here.

The fact people seriously try to argue this when not a single person brought it up for Bloodstained alone kind of blows my mind. The actual MN9 developer is on board for that project, and it's like their third KS now with not one of them having released yet. That's not even taking into account... pretty much everything else I said in previous posts that you've ignored.

Like the fact that Comcept isn't actually a developer in the proper sense, for instance. They may not be able to know how much they'll need until they actually get the developer they'll be working with on board. There's also the fact that Red Ash was trying to be a huge game - all they were trying to make was a prologue to prove they could make a much bigger one to someone, which in itself wasn't probably the best idea, but they were still upfront about it if nothing else.

There's also the fact that Sony screwed them over on Soul Sacrifice Delta by not marketing it like the did the first one (as by the time Delta came out they were backing away from the Vita/wanting to push their own Freedom Wars more), causing it to bomb fantastically despite pretty much everyone who actually played it agreeing it's much better than the first (which sold really well), as well as all the time/money they sunk into Kaio getting lost with Marvelous' when that fell apart.

If you want to look for their buffer money, I suspect it might've been in the projected profits for Delta and then in Kaio. Adding that to the fact that, because of the nature of how they make games, all of their profits get split between their co-developers and publishers (as was the case with Soul Sacrifice and Delta) and the fact that they haven't actually gotten any profit to speak of since Delta, as the only money they've gotten since was just the funding of MN9, and I think it's at least understandable to at least suspect that they might be running low on funds.
Image

User avatar
Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 10399
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:33 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Ringwraith » Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:03 am

Formally posting I disagree and this is going to go nowhere. I don't even like typing at the best of times.
Image
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:11 am

Fair enough.
Image

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Rednal » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:53 pm

Well... the game's coming out on my birthday (in NA), so I'm probably not as upset as I should be. :lol:

As far as other projects go, mmm... maybe I'm just really generous on that point? It's my understanding that most companies work on multiple games at the same time - so maybe you have a group planning the basics for one game while the programmers work on programming another, testers are debugging a third and getting it ready for the final release, et cetera. Obviously varying by company. The idea of trying to fund another game when the first is nearing completion seems normal to me, I guess, so I wasn't bothered by their other attempts. XD; Though I TOOOOOOTALLY get where people who want to see a finished product before they invest in something else are coming from, especially when a company hasn't communicated as well as it could have.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

Etna_Uchiha
Majin
Majin
Posts: 179
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:00 am
Location: NA

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Etna_Uchiha » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:46 pm

Seventh wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.
You're not really doing a good job proving the whole "people aren't reading" thing wrong here.

The fact people seriously try to argue this when not a single person brought it up for Bloodstained alone kind of blows my mind. The actual MN9 developer is on board for that project, and it's like their third KS now with not one of them having released yet. That's not even taking into account... pretty much everything else I said in previous posts that you've ignored.

Like the fact that Comcept isn't actually a developer in the proper sense, for instance. They may not be able to know how much they'll need until they actually get the developer they'll be working with on board. There's also the fact that Red Ash was trying to be a huge game - all they were trying to make was a prologue to prove they could make a much bigger one to someone, which in itself wasn't probably the best idea, but they were still upfront about it if nothing else.

There's also the fact that Sony screwed them over on Soul Sacrifice Delta by not marketing it like the did the first one (as by the time Delta came out they were backing away from the Vita/wanting to push their own Freedom Wars more), causing it to bomb fantastically despite pretty much everyone who actually played it agreeing it's much better than the first (which sold really well), as well as all the time/money they sunk into Kaio getting lost with Marvelous' when that fell apart.

If you want to look for their buffer money, I suspect it might've been in the projected profits for Delta and then in Kaio. Adding that to the fact that, because of the nature of how they make games, all of their profits get split between their co-developers and publishers (as was the case with Soul Sacrifice and Delta) and the fact that they haven't actually gotten any profit to speak of since Delta, as the only money they've gotten since was just the funding of MN9, and I think it's at least understandable to at least suspect that they might be running low on funds.


Yea you can talk about the Buisness side all you want you keep forgetting kickstarter funds Don't come from buisnesses they come from Fans
DLC is just an excuse for devs to hold back content remember once something is on the internet they never forget and never forgive

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:48 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Seventh wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.
You're not really doing a good job proving the whole "people aren't reading" thing wrong here.

The fact people seriously try to argue this when not a single person brought it up for Bloodstained alone kind of blows my mind. The actual MN9 developer is on board for that project, and it's like their third KS now with not one of them having released yet. That's not even taking into account... pretty much everything else I said in previous posts that you've ignored.

Like the fact that Comcept isn't actually a developer in the proper sense, for instance. They may not be able to know how much they'll need until they actually get the developer they'll be working with on board. There's also the fact that Red Ash was trying to be a huge game - all they were trying to make was a prologue to prove they could make a much bigger one to someone, which in itself wasn't probably the best idea, but they were still upfront about it if nothing else.

There's also the fact that Sony screwed them over on Soul Sacrifice Delta by not marketing it like the did the first one (as by the time Delta came out they were backing away from the Vita/wanting to push their own Freedom Wars more), causing it to bomb fantastically despite pretty much everyone who actually played it agreeing it's much better than the first (which sold really well), as well as all the time/money they sunk into Kaio getting lost with Marvelous' when that fell apart.

If you want to look for their buffer money, I suspect it might've been in the projected profits for Delta and then in Kaio. Adding that to the fact that, because of the nature of how they make games, all of their profits get split between their co-developers and publishers (as was the case with Soul Sacrifice and Delta) and the fact that they haven't actually gotten any profit to speak of since Delta, as the only money they've gotten since was just the funding of MN9, and I think it's at least understandable to at least suspect that they might be running low on funds.


Yea you can talk about the Buisness side all you want you keep forgetting kickstarter funds Don't come from buisnesses they come from Fans


Dude, why are you making a big deal out of this? Seventh made some valid points and you're insulting him. We know you don't like Inafune because you don't play his games, so why are you here on the MN9 and Red Ash threads?
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition

User avatar
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 29268
Joined: Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:49 pm
Location: Zawame City

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Seventh » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Etna_Uchiha wrote:Yea you can talk about the Buisness side all you want you keep forgetting kickstarter funds Don't come from buisnesses they come from Fans
That literally has nothing to do with what I just said. Do "fans" need special treatment? Do these "fans" need to be babied and coddled because they have the attention span of a child and the reading comprehension of a baby?

When you back a project, you do so knowing what the risks are. If a fan doesn't like that, that's exclusively on them. We have projects that have gone through thousands, even millions of dollars only to fail fantastically, we have tons of people getting screwed out of their money - why is it people are so invested over a project that, as we can plainly see in the demo, is coming along just fine? It's baffling. What was backed is happening, is going to be delivered to the backers and the masses, and at the end of the day, that is literally the only thing that should matter when all is said and done. I will eat these words if that doesn't happen and Comcept actually runs off with any money, but until that point, there is no reason to think that something truly underhanded or shady is going on here.

If you're going to pick apart games for delays, then for all intents and purposes, not a single person in the world should like Shovel Knight, among many, many others.

Seriously, just stop.
Image

Miuykizero
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Miuykizero » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:49 pm

Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Seventh wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.
You're not really doing a good job proving the whole "people aren't reading" thing wrong here.

The fact people seriously try to argue this when not a single person brought it up for Bloodstained alone kind of blows my mind. The actual MN9 developer is on board for that project, and it's like their third KS now with not one of them having released yet. That's not even taking into account... pretty much everything else I said in previous posts that you've ignored.

Like the fact that Comcept isn't actually a developer in the proper sense, for instance. They may not be able to know how much they'll need until they actually get the developer they'll be working with on board. There's also the fact that Red Ash was trying to be a huge game - all they were trying to make was a prologue to prove they could make a much bigger one to someone, which in itself wasn't probably the best idea, but they were still upfront about it if nothing else.

There's also the fact that Sony screwed them over on Soul Sacrifice Delta by not marketing it like the did the first one (as by the time Delta came out they were backing away from the Vita/wanting to push their own Freedom Wars more), causing it to bomb fantastically despite pretty much everyone who actually played it agreeing it's much better than the first (which sold really well), as well as all the time/money they sunk into Kaio getting lost with Marvelous' when that fell apart.

If you want to look for their buffer money, I suspect it might've been in the projected profits for Delta and then in Kaio. Adding that to the fact that, because of the nature of how they make games, all of their profits get split between their co-developers and publishers (as was the case with Soul Sacrifice and Delta) and the fact that they haven't actually gotten any profit to speak of since Delta, as the only money they've gotten since was just the funding of MN9, and I think it's at least understandable to at least suspect that they might be running low on funds.


Yea you can talk about the Buisness side all you want you keep forgetting kickstarter funds Don't come from buisnesses they come from Fans


Dude, why are you making a big deal out of this? Seventh made some valid points and you're insulting him. We know you don't like Inafune because you don't play his games, so why are you here on the MN9 and Red Ash threads?


Are you a stalker? Cause almost everypost I see is you quoting this obnoxious person
I will sit on my throne and Laugh for a thousand years

User avatar
Alantor2013
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke
Posts: 2300
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:27 am

Re: Mighty No.9 - Q1 2016

Postby Alantor2013 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:06 pm

Miuykizero wrote:
Alantor2013 wrote:
Etna_Uchiha wrote:
Seventh wrote:
Ringwraith wrote:It's saying 'please trust with a second project when you haven't seen the first one you paid for appear yet'.
That's quite a lot of trust you're banking on there.
Especially as asking for money on something before the previous project you've been working on has come about implies some poor financial planning as in theory you're meant to have some money as a buffer to keep you ticking over for the next project.
You're not really doing a good job proving the whole "people aren't reading" thing wrong here.

The fact people seriously try to argue this when not a single person brought it up for Bloodstained alone kind of blows my mind. The actual MN9 developer is on board for that project, and it's like their third KS now with not one of them having released yet. That's not even taking into account... pretty much everything else I said in previous posts that you've ignored.

Like the fact that Comcept isn't actually a developer in the proper sense, for instance. They may not be able to know how much they'll need until they actually get the developer they'll be working with on board. There's also the fact that Red Ash was trying to be a huge game - all they were trying to make was a prologue to prove they could make a much bigger one to someone, which in itself wasn't probably the best idea, but they were still upfront about it if nothing else.

There's also the fact that Sony screwed them over on Soul Sacrifice Delta by not marketing it like the did the first one (as by the time Delta came out they were backing away from the Vita/wanting to push their own Freedom Wars more), causing it to bomb fantastically despite pretty much everyone who actually played it agreeing it's much better than the first (which sold really well), as well as all the time/money they sunk into Kaio getting lost with Marvelous' when that fell apart.

If you want to look for their buffer money, I suspect it might've been in the projected profits for Delta and then in Kaio. Adding that to the fact that, because of the nature of how they make games, all of their profits get split between their co-developers and publishers (as was the case with Soul Sacrifice and Delta) and the fact that they haven't actually gotten any profit to speak of since Delta, as the only money they've gotten since was just the funding of MN9, and I think it's at least understandable to at least suspect that they might be running low on funds.


Yea you can talk about the Buisness side all you want you keep forgetting kickstarter funds Don't come from buisnesses they come from Fans


Dude, why are you making a big deal out of this? Seventh made some valid points and you're insulting him. We know you don't like Inafune because you don't play his games, so why are you here on the MN9 and Red Ash threads?


Are you a stalker? Cause almost everypost I see is you quoting this obnoxious person


I am not a stalker. I was just expressing some positive opinions, that's all.
Image
Asuna from Sword Art Online is actually hot! :P
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth IS
Record of Agarest War: Xover Edition


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests