Half-Genie Hero Shantae

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Half-Genie Hero Shantae

Postby ZekeFreek » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:36 pm

Wow, looking at the stretch goals they didn't meet makes me a bit sad. Some of that would've been amazing.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:40 pm

Agreed... Pretty much the best of the stuff wasn't reached... Full Voiceacting was the biggest one for me, though the Animated Cutscenes would have been delightful. Risky's extra chapter would have been ok too, though I got what I wanted in relation to her.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:51 pm

It hasn't been completely updated. They did unlock Hero Modes.

We basically missed two bonus chapters and some shinies, but got four more characters, three outfits with unique moves, and two other bonus chapters.

I'd say we already have all of the interesting stuff.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:53 pm

Voice acting would've been nice.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Feb 04, 2015 6:54 pm

Daverost wrote:It hasn't been completely updated. They did unlock Hero Modes.

We basically missed two bonus chapters and some shinies, but got four more characters, three outfits with unique moves, and two other bonus chapters.

I'd say we already have all of the interesting stuff.

Oh yes, it's not to say that we missed out on the majority of things. It was a pretty spectacular run, actually.

There's... multiple sites showing the Kickstarter results... I'm not sure which one is the most up-to-date.
Amethytus Library's Latest Entry: *2015/09/27 - Trouble Witches: Nest of Disruption*

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:32 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:There's... multiple sites showing the Kickstarter results... I'm not sure which one is the most up-to-date.

http://shantae.wikia.com/wiki/Shantae:_Half-Genie_Hero
I never got my avatars.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:14 am

It's pretty funny/sad that the Wiki for the series is more up-to-date than the actual Kickstarter and official pages...

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:12 pm

I'm wondering if it's because there's a limit to how far out past the completion of a campaign you can keep updating the Kickstarter page for it.
I never got my avatars.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Daverost wrote:I'm wondering if it's because there's a limit to how far out past the completion of a campaign you can keep updating the Kickstarter page for it.

The actual Kickstarter stops once its run is complete, but there was a Paypal page they were using while they kept accepting Paypal donations. Once they shut that down near the end of last year, the updating stopped at a pretty accurate amount.

And it's been just sort of... floating there... ever since. The latest news was that the design of Shantae's Crab form for underwater exploration has been established. I guess they're dragging this out in order to make sure it's at absolute top-quality before release. I should hope so, anyway.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:30 pm

I'm not sure how what they're doing would be considered "dragging it out." They're trying to develop a quality game on multiple consoles and didn't even know if they'd have the money to be able to do it when they started the KS in the first place. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, you know? :P

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:32 pm

Seventh wrote:I'm not sure how what they're doing would be considered "dragging it out." They're trying to develop a quality game on multiple consoles and didn't even know if they'd have the money to be able to do it when they started the KS in the first place. Rome wasn't built in a day and all that, you know? :P

Sure, sure. I've just been sort of waiting for this since the BEGINNING of last year.

I'm in no hurry, and I appreciate the necessity of the wait. ;)

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:14 pm

https://wayforward.com/news/2015/03/sli ... versaries/

Latest update reveals one of the Backer-created new monsters for the game: SlimeGal. Looks like they're gonna stick with largely classic monster girl designs here.

I'd like to see Shantae try to hair-whip this enemy. Have you SEEN what bubblegum does to long hair? :lol:

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:32 pm

http://gematsu.com/2015/06/shantae-half ... 15-trailer

I'm guessing that this doesn't automatically mean that a release within this year should be expected, hopefully i'm wrong. I actually forgot about this game until now.

Byzantian-Fandango
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Byzantian-Fandango » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:32 am

will57 wrote:http://gematsu.com/2015/06/shantae-half-genie-hero-e3-2015-trailer

I'm guessing that this doesn't automatically mean that a release within this year should be expected, hopefully i'm wrong. I actually forgot about this game until now.

They've begun to release the Backer Beta thing on Steam. That tells me this game is still a long ways off. I'm starting to think Wayforward has taken Blizzard's Playbook and run with it. The game was originally supposed to be released TWO OCTOBERS ago. They should have just said "It'll be released when it's ready"...

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:51 am

Byzantian-Fandango wrote:
will57 wrote:http://gematsu.com/2015/06/shantae-half-genie-hero-e3-2015-trailer

They've begun to release the Backer Beta thing on Steam. That tells me this game is still a long ways off. I'm starting to think Wayforward has taken Blizzard's Playbook and run with it. The game was originally supposed to be released TWO OCTOBERS ago. They should have just said "It'll be released when it's ready"...
The Kickstarter only ended two Octobers ago. In no world would it have been ready to release at that time and I can't imagine they or anyone else thought it would.

Do you mean Pirate's Curse? That's been out for a while if so.

Return to “General Chat”