Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (UNIEL) PS3 Available now/Steam 2016

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (UNIEL) PS3 Available now/Steam 2016

Postby will57 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:14 pm

Image Image
Official site for NA release: http://aksysgames.com/undernight/
Splash page for EU release: http://www.nisamerica.com/games/under-n ... -exe-late/

Since time immemorial, the organization known as the “Night Blade” has acted as guardians in what is known as the “Hollow Night”. While resting from her eternal labors in a non-descript town that the Princess of the Night Blade, Linne, meets a young boy named Hyde, who is in possession of the fabled sword of destiny that she has been searching far and wide for.

In the Hollow Night, monsters called Voids feed upon the power that manifests there, while those known as In-births use that same power for their own ends. While investigating the reason behind the sudden increase in the numbers of both Voids and In-births in the Hollow Night, Linne hears of an evil plot being hatched by someone calling themselves “Paradox”. This person turns out to be none other than Hilda, the leader of a shadowy organization known as “Amnesia”.

Vowing to stop “Paradox” before her nefarious plans come to fruition, Linne heads off into the Night. Unbeknownst to her, the young boy she encountered, Hyde, follows behind her with a desperate need to know who, and what, she is.
And thus, the story of the Hollow Night, and In-births, begins–

The developers of this game are French Bread, the same ones who developed Dengeki Bunko: Fighting Climax and Melty Blood. Also, this is being brought to the PS3, thanks to Arc System Works.
Details
Trailer
Trailer 2
Opening theme
wiki page(Character/Terminology pages contain spoilers)

Official Gameplay/Character Tutorial videos (translated by Fragarach)
Basic Tutorial 1
Basic Tutorial 2
Hyde Tutorial
Linne Tutorial
Eltnum Tutorial
Seth Tutorial
Orie Tutorial
Gordeau Tutorial
Vatista Tutorial
Chaos Tutorial
Yuzuriha Tutorial
Byakuya Tutorial
Phonon Tutorial (not translated)

So yeah, another fighter localized by Aksys (published by NISA for Europe). Really looking forward to it (despite it's release window being 2015 :? ). I can't say much about the game myself since I haven't played it, but I think it looks really good.
Another thing worth mentioning is that similar to P4A, you can do an auto-combo by pressing A seven times (and of course you always have the option to attack and perform better combos by inputting attacks manually).

EDIT:
Steam release planned for Summer 2016.
Last edited by will57 on Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:37 am, edited 7 times in total.

Liexi
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Under Night In-Birth Exe:Late (UNIEL) PS3

Postby Liexi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:31 am

I've played the Japanese version. It's a game that puts a lot of emphasis on the netural game (think SF, it's pretty much a anime SF imo but take that with a grain of salt) and requires a bit of execution. It's pretty different from BB, Persona, and GG.

I'm not really a big fan of it, and dropped it but a lot of people still enjoy it. The online scene is kind of quiet right now, probably due to Ultimax, but when this comes out in US it'll probably come back to life if Xrd hasn't sucked everyone in.

All in all, it's pretty fun tho I don't really like it.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:40 am

Yeah, I have heard it's more of a mid-ground between typical airdashers and the more "standard" (for lack of a better term) fighting games.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 5:54 am

Ringwraith wrote:Yeah, I have heard it's more of a mid-ground between typical airdashers and the more "standard" (for lack of a better term) fighting games.

That fits pretty well, but unlike most anime-style 2D fighters, this isn't even an air dasher, since you can't actually air-dash. Also, even though it can still be kind of complex, something about it feels really basic. Maybe it's the lack of being able to air-dash and burst. Although, even though it is pretty basic, things like the Grind Grid system help add something unique to the game, which also affects things like being able to cancel moves with something called "Chain Shift" and a quicker attack speed. More than anything though, a lot of the characters in the roster actually look like they might be a lot of fun and what caught my attention was the game's style/developer (and Eltnum).

Personally, i'm hoping this game will get recognized to at least a decent amount and last at least for a while (absolutely nothing like Aquapazza, which lasted about a month at most). Although, i'm pretty sure Xrd will still have peoples attention at the time, but that's just cause it's pretty hard to compete with Guilty Gear when it's been over 10 years since the last game (not including expansions like +R). Either way, i'm looking forward to both.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:34 am

Hence the "mid-ground" considering the lack of airdashes.
It's just oddly in the middle somewhere.

Singleton
Peon
Peon

Postby Singleton » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 am

Yeah, I have heard it's more of a mid-ground between typical airdashers and the more "standard" (for lack of a better term) fighting games.

Oniros
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Oniros » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:14 am

What's the status of this? Did it get delayed for Europe again?

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:22 am

Oniros wrote:What's the status of this? Did it get delayed for Europe again?

No clue if it was delayed or anything like that since I don't really follow anything about the EU releases. Although I have saw a few EU rooms in the player match lobby, so I assumed it's out, unless they imported the US release.

The game is great by the way. I'm actually enjoying this about as much as I enjoy ArcSys fighters.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:24 pm

Did say it's a middle-ground between something like Street Fighter and typical air-dashers! :P

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:21 pm

Yeah, I was actually surprised by how fast it was at first as well. I originally assumed a lack of air dashing would ultimately mean slow pacing. Couldn't have been more wrong. :lol:
I'm maining Eltnum, but I never expected that I would ever play as a puppet master type character (Chaos), not even as a sub. He's a lot of fun once you can figure out what your doing.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Mar 07, 2015 5:01 pm

You can also just pretend you're playing Persona 4 Arena with Orie.
Who also has the most fantastically unnecessary backdash, (which makes it more difficult to use as it covers so much ground).

redsilversnake
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby redsilversnake » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:31 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Im constantly switching, however that ... Iron tager guy certainly causes me a little trouble when i face him :shock:

Waldstein. Yeah, he throws people off when they're expecting him to be like a typical grappler, when he really has mad reach.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:And like arena, I didnt realise that tapping square leads to an auto combo, here i thought folks were performing elaborate combos online :(. I guess i still have a long way to go.

Unlike Arena, though, UNI's auto-combos don't have their own animations, and are just really basic stuff you probably would've seen its first day in arcades (well, before the original version's ridiculous as hell combo system got fully exploited, anyway...), and you'll actually know when someone does it thanks to the "Smart Steer" text that pops up if they go up to the last hit before the super.
Some people just need to learn that their opinions are wrong

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:11 am

From what I have noticed, hardly anyone uses Smart Steer, since it pretty much discourages actually learning combos, it's usually low damage and there's no use to using them when there aren't any exclusive moves like P4A's auto-combo system.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri May 15, 2015 10:44 am

Just when I started to think this game was finished, there's an arcade update coming out, with a new character and some gameplay changes. Loketest starts from May 22nd and ends on May 24th
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/05/15/un ... announced/

Really hope that this update reaches consoles. It looks like there might actually be a change to the HUD display, which might also mean that if it does come to consoles, it won't just be an update, but an entirely new release.
Also, with the addition of the Cross Cast Viel mentioned in the article, this'll definitely give characters a few new combo options, maybe even make certain characters less awful (Chaos). Then there's the very likely chance that there'll also be a lot of balance changes to...well, balance everything out once again, especially with a new feature and character.

Im just glad to see that UNIEL isn't finished yet. :D
Although, seeing Six Stars and P4AU 2.0 hasn't hit consoles yet either, i'm feeling like I shouldn't get too excited.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri May 15, 2015 10:54 am

The only big fighting game update which has landed on consoles is Guilty Gear's, oddly enough.
More colours!
Readability!

Return to “General Chat”