New PS4 model lets you change DVD region code

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
アクターレ
Majin
Majin

New PS4 model lets you change DVD region code

Postby アクターレ » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:12 pm

I recently picked up another PS4 in Canada, this one is model CUH-1215A. Upon trying to play a Japanese (region 2) DVD, I was surprisingly provided with an option to change my region code.

I can choose:

1. USA/Canada
2. Europe/Japan

The system will let you change this 4 times before it locks the region to your last choice.

I do not have this ability on my CUH-1000A (Japanese 1st-gen model), so it is indeed something only recent models have.

So if anyone wants a Japanese DVD player, this is an easy way to get one without importing.

Worth noting that the last 2 digits of the model number represent the country. 00 is Japan, 01 is USA. I'm under the impression 15 is some sort of new "international" model, hence why they let you set the DVD region yourself.

Does anyone who lives in Europe and recently bought a PS4 happen to also have a model number ending in 15?

Panetalized
Peon
Peon

Re: New PS4 model lets you change DVD region code

Postby Panetalized » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:06 pm

I bought PS4 Pro CUH-7000 but I never worry about region code, I am living New York, but I bought a DVD in Japan, I can play my DVD via http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/region-2-dvd.html actually, not only region 2 DVD, all of DVDs can be encoded :lol:cheers

Return to “General Chat”