Your Most and Least Liked Games of 2015

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Your Most and Least Liked Games of 2015

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Dec 13, 2015 11:45 pm

Godzilla would be the least

Witcher 3 would be the best.

LoweeIsLove
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby LoweeIsLove » Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:31 am

Most Liked Games
Spoiler:
Stella Glow [3DS] - I'll admit I preordered the game without even looking at the trailers, I really liked the launch edition Atlus USA was giving, and I've always been a fan of Ideolo's art. But, when I watched the trailers I already knew I didn't waste my money. The story, gameplay, concept, art, and music is really good! I can't wait till I finally beat it and go for that New Game+!
Undertale [PC] - The game taught me how to feel for fictional characters....most games never do that to me, so it's automatic like from me.
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generations [PSV/PC] - It's like Victory, but with so many improvements! Although I'm a bit upset it has LESS English dialogue than it's PS3 Predecessor.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon [3DS] - This game will make you cry....

Least Liked Games
Spoiler:
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generations [PSV/PC] - While I did enjoy some of the candidates, they just didn't click like how the CPUs can. The darker tone was okay, but it felt pretty meh.
Hyperdevotion Noire Goddess Black Heart [PSV/PC]- This one is pretty meh too, I really didn't like how the generals pretty much heavily implied that Noire beat them until they agreed to be her "friends". Of course Noire's arrogance being way bigger than I expected it to be caused the problem for the cast. I like the gameplay if there's one good thing to say about this game.
Games I'm currently playing: Fairy Fencer F: Advent Dark Force [PS4], Megadimension Neptunia VII [PS4], Pokemon Moon [3DS]
Backlog: Superdimension Neptune [PSV], Tales of Xillia [PS3], and many more...
Source

Blink_Winkel
Majin
Majin

Postby Blink_Winkel » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:59 pm

Last edited by Blink_Winkel on Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

xnobody13
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby xnobody13 » Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:11 pm

Going to add two games here.

Addition to most liked games:

Spoiler:
Nobunaga's Ambition: Sphere of Influence (PS4) - As a guy who has an Oda avatar (as of 2015's end), it was only natural that this game would join my collection. And...I like it. I'm not really into strategy games, but for whatever reason this one has hooked me in. I guess my conquest of Japan begins once more in the new year.

Addition to least liked games:

Spoiler:
Escape Dead Island (PS3) - Yes, this came out November of last year, but after the pain it gave me in the past few days, I need this on here. This game...is shit; a pure abomination of the last lingering spirit that was last gen. The graphics are poor and oftentimes extremely dated (Character models move erratically, lip movement is practically non-existent, the lighting messes up more than it works, graphical glitches especially with the trees, extremely low-res textures...), with the sound often cutting out or blasting way too loudly for no reason. Characters are really basic, with very little in personality and horrific voice acting to match. Combat is very bland, and at time reminds me way too much of "Amy". The plot is inconsistent, and honestly feels completely pointless in the way it is told.

The game is only two hours long, increased minimally by collectibles that don't add anything significant and cutscenes that usually can't be skipped (they offer the option, but the game must load the skip button. Once it's loaded, the cutscene is practically over. This happens EVERY TIME). The overworld is barren even with zombies, bringing even more bad memories with "Lost: Via Domus." The stealth is broken, and the A.I jumps from being very intelligent to being the stupidest in gaming history.

I have so much more to say, but I really want to forget that I played this, so I'll stop
Spoiler:

Sumner
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Sumner » Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:45 pm

Adding two games here myself.
Most liked game - Little Battlers Experience. It's Battle Network levels of fun.
Least Liked Game - Trails Of Cold Steel. I won't compare it to zero or ao but it doesn't even hold a candle FC. The burst mechanic is just team rush with a point system which i don't like. The saving grace for me is the amazing voice acting and the cast of characters minus the mc, good lord i hate rean.
Meteor Breaker!

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Least liked:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - this could've easily been DLC for New Leaf. It's not interesting enough for the full $40 price. It shouldn't even cost more than $15.

SurrealBrain
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby SurrealBrain » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:54 am

Been using the year mostly to catch up on what I missed out on in previous years...and I don't regret it.

But was for what's been released...my most liked would be Splatoon; shooters aren't really my thing, but it's very fun.

I'm gonna cheat a little and put Rare Replay here as well; such a wonderful collection of old games; I love it! From childhood faves to playing Battletoads and Conker's Bad Fur Day, it's great.

Least liked...can't think of anything, really. I guess the Mega Man Legacy Collection? It's not a bad collection on its own, and I'd still recommend it to those who don't have Mega Man I-VI in some other form, or even if they do in order to support the franchise...but honestly, the old Mega Man Anniversary Collection outclassed it by having more games and more stuff related to the series. The emulation wasn't the best, I admit, but it was still fun. And that was on the PS2!

Wow, last year really is showing how little we've gotten; hopefully this year is better...I really hope Puyo Puyo gets a game for its 25th Anniversary.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:51 pm

Most liked- Splatoon

Least liked- Norn9: Var Commons

lopez wrote:Least liked:

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - this could've easily been DLC for New Leaf. It's not interesting enough for the full $40 price. It shouldn't even cost more than $15.

Hahaha, I bought the new 3DS bundle, so the game was like a bonus for me but I can't help but agree with this even if I like the game a lot. I would've been a lot more disappointed if I'd just bought the game by itself.

The Sneaky Prinny
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby The Sneaky Prinny » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:05 am

Maybe late, but...
I spent most of my game time 2015 catching up on my backlog of games. I figured when your stack finally reaches the point of structural instability, things need to change. As such, I have relatively few choices to decide between.

Best:
Disgaea 5, or Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
I enjoyed my time in Disgaea 5 tremendously. It almost felt like I was playing the first one for the first time again, the only thing missing being that Holloweentown-vibe.
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon: I had played Red/Blue, and Explorers, and enjoyed them, though I was able to see those games for their flaws. All of that changed with their latest title, as Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon graduated from a Pokemon game with Rougelike features, to a full-blooded Rougelike experience. Offering just the right level of difficulty, without the chronic addiction to flashbacks from a few seconds ago, that made me want to explore dungeons again. I haven't enjoyed a rougelike this much since Z.H.P.

Worst:
Operation Abyss: The game seemed fine, I was having fun with my characters, but then I hit that level cap. My drive to play the game evaporated instantly. I did learn a bit about myself from the experience, for what it is worth. I learned that powering up is a much more important part of an RPG to me than I thought.

Honorable Mention:
htoL#NiQ - The Firefly Diary: (how do you pronounce that?) I came to the game not expecting much, picking it up entirely because it was an NIS title. I had previously decided that all of the little games where you guide a child through puzzles were stupid, and while that largely continues to be my opinion, this one made me pause. I actually really enjoyed uncovering the story as I did, and the atmosphere was just right to make me interested. Also, while I usually make an effort to not bond with such characters in such games, I think the little antlers won me over for some reason. Unfortunately, I rather disliked the controls. The touchscreen had normal touchscreen issues, and I could never see what I was doing, while the using the sticks reminded you that the game was designed for touch controls every step of the way.
I'm too damn lazy to put anything clever here.

...and as my tag expired, proudly remember me as the official Mid Boss of the Disgaea JSRPG Squad!
(Now imagine taps playing, and let a single, manly tear run down your cheek!)

Return to “General Chat”