Why are his efforts still so underrated?

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
BoySmile
Vassal
Vassal

Why are his efforts still so underrated?

Postby BoySmile » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:45 pm

Raheem Sterling turns 23: Why are his efforts still so underrated?
Raheem Sterling is celebrating his 23rd birthday on Friday, but why sbobet777 aren't more people celebrating him? Adam Bate examines the Manchester City winger's record and the curious focus on his flaws when he is outperforming so many of his peers.Raheem Sterling is accustomed to criticism. There was plenty of it even before the ordeal of playing in two major tournaments for England and controversially trading life at Liverpool in search of medals at Manchester City. But one accusation persists. Ask your friends. Search Twitter. Sterling, so the story goes, cannot kick a football properly.The list of doubters includes some of the game's esteemed names. "There is an observation I find myself coming back to every time I sbobet777 watch Sterling," noted Paul Scholes in his column for The Independent back in 2015. "I don't rate him that highly as a striker of the ball and by that I mean, literally, how he kicks it… Too often his shots are a scuff or a bobble.Scholes freely acknowledged at the time that it was a "weird" thing to say about any player let alone one who was about to be transferred for £50m. He used the analogy of the golfer and his swing. Some players are just pure ball strikers. Technical excellence personified. Sterling, in contrast, was a man with a kink in his swing. And the criticism rang true.Instinctively, it is still easy to understand what Scholes meant. Crisp finishes have not been Sterling's forte. But it is becoming harder to see why it is a deal breaker. After all, it has not stopped him scoring nine Premier League goals this season. Only Harry Kane and Mohamed Salah have more. Sterling is the joint-top scorer in the country's top team.sbobet777

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Why are his efforts still so underrated?

Postby PerryComo » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:59 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “General Chat”