Bioshock: Infinite

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.

Re: Bioshock: Infinite

Postby XCronoX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:02 am

http://kotaku.com/5908814/bioshock-infi ... ed-to-2013

Ahh bummer, well at least it saves my wallet a little bit.

New Trailer
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:06 am

It was supposed to be a 2012 release? Bummer. I'm assuming that I'll need to play the previous games as well? :lol:

Ya know, after playing a Deadspace game, I'm sure that nothing Bioshock pulls out can well, shock me
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:12 am

Separate stories, so don't have to play the previous games but should play them anyways as they're good games. *nods*
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:31 am

XCronoX wrote:Separate stories, so don't have to play the previous games but should play them anyways as they're good games. *nods*

Planned too, especially since the ps3 version of Infinite comes with Bioshock 1...glad to see that the stories are separate though
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:16 pm

Darcnova wrote:
XCronoX wrote:Separate stories, so don't have to play the previous games but should play them anyways as they're good games. *nods*

Planned too, especially since the ps3 version of Infinite comes with Bioshock 1...glad to see that the stories are separate though

Where did you hear Bioshock 1 would be included? Took a look for info and couldn't find anything. Haven't played any games in the franchise so that would make me more interested. :)
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Prinapocalypse wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Where did you hear Bioshock 1 would be included? Took a look for info and couldn't find anything. Haven't played any games in the franchise so that would make me more interested. :)

Dunno, saw someone mention it :lol: I'll try and find the info...

But yeah, I'm doubting that anything in this can be as "shock" enducing as some of the stuff in Deadspace...nothing frightening, but yeah :lol:

Edit: Here ya go Prin: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012- ... u-ray-disc

A 2nd source, for solid proof: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/10/ ... -revealed/ comment #6
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:32 pm

Alright, thanks for the links. Gonna get Bioshock 2 eventually and this at some point. The list of games I want to buy is getting huge. :lol:
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:56 pm

Prinapocalypse wrote:Alright, thanks for the links. Gonna get Bioshock 2 eventually and this at some point. The list of games I want to buy is getting huge. :lol:

Same...it's quite frightening, especially as someone who only has a part-time job :lol:
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby XCronoX » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:16 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/01/biosh ... -to-shave/

So that's the cover for the game, apparently people are saying it's awful and etc. I see nothing wrong with it, and all the mouth breather fucktards can shut it cause they obviously have no clue like usual.
XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Prinapocalypse » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:30 pm

I'd say it's the best cover in the series so far. Picked up Bioshock 2 a little while ago, so I'm ready for this. 8-)
Prinapocalypse
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:54 pm

I kinda liked it without the guy on it, but ya know, it ain't bad at all...could be that people are so used to BD being on the box too that anything different is automagically bad
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Porecomesis » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

Prinapocalypse wrote:I'd say it's the best cover in the series so far. Picked up Bioshock 2 a little while ago, so I'm ready for this. 8-)

Possibly.

Personally, I prefer game covers that more carry across a mood or indicate towards the game. I liked the American cover for Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon (even if the final product was very confused over if it should be following the American or European cover), the original cover for Ico and the cover for Xenoblade Chronicles. I have little to no idea what Bioshock Infinite is like but, if the cover is of any indication, it's going to be colourful and there's going to be some flag burning.
Porecomesis
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby zatrox » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:21 pm

XCronoX wrote:http://www.joystiq.com/2012/12/01/bioshock-infinite-box-art-needs-to-shave/

So that's the cover for the game, apparently people are saying it's awful and etc. I see nothing wrong with it, and all the mouth breather fucktards can shut it cause they obviously have no clue like usual.

Well, for one, the PS3 version is terribly cluttered by senseless shit to the point it almost looks like a mock-up. And the cover is pretty much the first Uncharted's spun around, with a silly burning flag behind the man character with his chin down and eyes up, in a slightly subtle contrast between orange and blue as well as some lens flare thrown around for good measure. So nah, fuck you, the box art is terrible.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING
zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Scumbadsoldier » Sat Dec 01, 2012 8:20 pm

Dat cover art.

It's the classic "cool guys don't look at explosions" but with more 'MURRICA!

It's not gratuitous with the orange and blue, but still.

I was going to post an example of a good boxart for a game, then I realized one of my favourite boxarts:

Has people not looking at an explosoion while colored orange and blue. :oops:

I'm bad at this...
Scumbadsoldier
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat