I just realized why I liked these forums more....

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

I just realized why I liked these forums more....

Postby odinfan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 pm

than Atlus' own. Those admins are vicious. I don't think I need to explain why, lol. They actively put you down if you talk about a certain practice they do, I mean ACTIVELY WARN YOU. Where's the poster's freedom of speech? I'm glad I don't have to deal with that here. It's wrong....

Ajikage
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Re: I just realized why I liked these forums more....

Postby Ajikage » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:38 pm

Really? Sounds pretty bad...

What kind of practice?
odinfan wrote:Aji happened to have been my first real friend here on these forums . . . He was a pain in the ***, but to be fair, he also had a quirky quality about him that I liked . . . I'll miss the guy.

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:43 pm

Well, it's not just one thing, actually. You know how Atlus prefers dubs, right? They don't really like that criticism if you express your opinion about Japanese tracks, for example. I mean, they're not exclusive to English only, but that's how they do most of their work.

I haven't read into this one, but this time its a DLC issue? Not sure about this one, though. Anyways, they bite back with warnings if they see this keep up, it's not a place you want to be, lol.

magusgs
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby magusgs » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:46 pm

I don't frequent their boards, but I'm guessing they're tired of people flaming each other about such things. I'm often surprised at how little it takes to get people worked up to the point they're screaming at each other. They probably just don't want any more bickering on their boards, and they consider such topics to be flame bait. But if your users are so immature that you have to resort to bans of large swathes of subject matter to keep the peace...one has to ask if it's a place worth frequenting in the first place...
Sanahtlig's Corner: my personal blog focused on visual novels
Philosophical musings, argumentative squabbles, and fictional works. Also occasional rants about VN localization.

ReinHime
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby ReinHime » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:51 am

They just have a no tolerance policy for people who make direct attacks at each other. The DLC thread was turning into a nasty fight so it's probably better that they locked it. I wish they would lock the the Japanese vs. English thread because it's become just a fight instead of a debate. The keep it open though so that it doesn't spill out into other threads...
I guess my point is that I don't think the mods are unreasonable. They just participate in practices I would expect in a forum associated with a company and I think it goes a long way in keeping the forums friendly.

RedCoKid
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby RedCoKid » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 am

ReinHime wrote:I guess my point is that I don't think the mods are unreasonable. They just participate in practices I would expect in a forum associated with a company and I think it goes a long way in keeping the forums friendly.

I agree :mrgreen:

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:40 am

My stance on this issue is that while we have a right to voice our opinions, we should always think about what we're saying and have some restraint. That's where the balance comes in. The fact is, half the time I'm betting the company already knows the issues, so I'm going on that. Basically speak, but don't go overboard.

Solice
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Solice » Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:08 pm

odinfan wrote:My stance on this issue is that while we have a right to voice our opinions, we should always think about what we're saying and have some restraint. That's where the balance comes in. The fact is, half the time I'm betting the company already knows the issues, so I'm going on that. Basically speak, but don't go overboard.

I think I agree. While forums may be open to the public, we're still standing (typing?) on private property. Freedom of speech only extends as far as willingness of those hosting your words to continue doing so.

[Stream (Offline):] [Youtube]
Join the Unofficial NISA Chat! [IRC | Teamspeak]

PerryComo
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby PerryComo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “General Chat”