What Happened to Prams Wish list? & other questions

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

What Happened to Prams Wish list? & other questions

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:45 pm

What happened to Prams wishlist dood. is it gone..is it still here?

also some more questions if you don't mind...

1.how will this effect the rest of the manga & Artbooks being saved for U.S. Publication

2. Will we ever get the Disgaea Light Novels in the U.S.

3.Will Rosenqueen get the Disgaea 2 Palmfigures back in stock anytime soon!
Fear Not The Darkness, Always Seek The Truth!

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: What Happened to Prams Wish list? & other questions

Postby odinfan » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 pm

What do you mean is it gone? It's still here.... did you even look?

https://ssl.nippon1.co.jp/nisa/cgi-bin/enquete/

Just because they haven't updated it doesn't mean they've forgotten about it, ok?

Taiga
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Taiga » Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:31 pm

1.how will this effect the rest of the manga & Artbooks being saved for U.S. Publication

I'm not sure I'm following here. "What" is effecting the manga and artbook? And anyway, unless I've missed a memo, there hadn't been any mentions of someone else picking up the manga, or translating the artbook and novels, so there's no 'saving' at this point.

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:58 am

Whoops Guess it is still here..sorry.

Alos Taiga...there is always time for saving, companies save things years after its been dropped. I mean uts only been about a year since Broccoli died, theres still time for someone to pick them up or for NISA to Publish them under there prinny pools imprint someday.

I mean Funimation Saved the Initial D anime, wich has been out of print for years (& there Trying to save sailor moon, but from what I can tell arn't having any luck with it.)

Not to mention Buenea Vista & shout here in the US getting rights to OLD US TOONS for distribution.

Point being anything can be saved with enough initiative! :D

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:07 am

I'd rather Funimation not get their hands on any series. Anything they touch potentially becomes a no-no for fan distribution, which I prefer.

Yes, I'm very surprised NISA hasn't picked up on that though, I mean, it is one of their official properties....

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:13 am

odinfan wrote:I'd rather Funimation not get their hands on any series. Anything they touch potentially becomes a no-no for fan distribution, which I prefer.

Yes, I'm very surprised NISA hasn't picked up on that though, I mean, it is one of their official properties....

Ahh a fansubby eh! nothing wrong with that, I know its a pain, But the only way to LEGALLY Support the anime industry is by watching the offical sub streams & buying the DVDS/Blu-rays. I mean the animtors don't make the shows for free ya know, they gotta get paid, and so do the people that bring em over to the US & Release "Real, Legit Good!" subs of the shows, and of course Dubs for people like me who hate to read the TV! (thats what Books & comics are for!)

But yea, I understand downloading an occasional fansub if the show isn't legally avalible in the US, but for the most part I think fans should try to stick to the stuff that helps the industry

also I apalogize in advance for my rant. :lol:

BOT: Yea, my Hope is NISA picks up the D3 artbook & the rest of the manga (& hopefully the novels) in the next few years! that would be great! :D

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:28 am

Yeah, I can honestly understand what you mean about support, but then I don't think you should be talking to me, then, lol. I'm too cheap to actually buy any of these DVDs. :lol: But in all seriousness, I've thought about it, PONDERED it even....

I do own DVDs of certain movies, but never anime, don't know why... But I'd gladly accept any Blu-ray releases as presents if I had a BD capable player. Physical media is always better, be it games or anything else.

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:04 pm

you should do what I do & buy used DVDs (or in your case blu-rays.) I buy mostly used and 98% of the time they work just fine..I have about 2 that are buggy ever now & then, but never had any problems with the others.

I understand being cheap as well, Im a pinny pincher most of the time as well, always wanting to get the most bang for my buck. But its because so many people download fansubs that the anime industry worldwide is in the state its in..I mean They are really losing alot of money from all the filesharing going on...Because of this they have become desprite & are making more & more Niche, moe, & ecchi Titles to get the Hardcore otaku's & pervs to buy, Yea its easy money for em over there in japan, but has little global appeal, I fear soon anime will be nothing but pointless perverse inuendo in another 5 years or so if this trend does not change..& that would suck...I NEED MY SHONEN & SEINEN SERIES! (I NEED MY CARTOON VIOLENCE! lol) (& U.S. toons are to genaric these days to do that!)

Not that Fanservice is a bad thing, when used sparingly, or appropiratly (like it is in harem animes for slapstick Style humor, its OK) its just that when thats the whole focus of the show that burns my buns..Im like yea..the girls are hot..but wheres my plot, character development..etc!

Point being People need to buy the stuff & watch the legal streams if they want good anime to continue to exist.

(also sorry if this post offends Moe & ecchi fans, I have nothing against you, I just don't like cartoons for innuendo..I like them for violence...& comedy. ecspecially violent comedy!)

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:09 pm

Yes, you're correct on that, like it or not. That's exactly why I don't watch any newer series from now on. It's all the same thing, and it's getting generic as all heck. I mean, what happened to the good old 90's and early 2000's? Those were the golden days, and they really need to get back on track with it. I'm not saying its dead, but quite frankly, there needs to be better writers. That even comes before good art.

That's why I stick with my CCS and Kanon.

soundmonkey44
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby soundmonkey44 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:31 pm

odinfan wrote:Yes, you're correct on that, like it or not. That's exactly why I don't watch any newer series from now on. It's all the same thing, and it's getting generic as all heck. I mean, what happened to the good old 90's and early 2000's? Those were the golden days, and they really need to get back on track with it. I'm not saying its dead, but quite frankly, there needs to be better writers. That even comes before good art.

That's why I stick with my CCS and Kanon.

I think its because Japan is the only country that still cares about aniation Disney & nick made mostly crappy tweencoms this decade..hell even CN tried to start a block of Live action show (Wich thankfully failed!) Thankfully though it looks as the 2010's may be another renissance for animation world wide, with Disney's recent release of Princess & the frog & other award winning animtions like Persopolies & waltz with bazsheier people are starting to look at classic 2D animation again so who knows maybe will see a new wave of Kick-A$$ US toons & anime come in the 2010's. But hey, I'm just Greatful that Japan has been doing better with there toons this decade then we have in the US & Canada...At least they gave me alot of fun Shonen senien & the occasional Mech & Harem to watch this decade!

Also, I just now noticed you had a Cardcaptors avatar, that was a fun show, it & Sailor moon were probably the only 2 magical girl shows I could watch without felling silly,well them & the Tenchi spin-off ones staring sasami....(all the newer ones are 2 sweet for me, I'm afraid I might get cavaties!) anywho Ironically I just ordered a used copy of Cardcaptors V1 online yesterday, can't wait to watch it!

BUT, Finally getting back on TOPIC..WHEN WILL NISA GIVE US MORE DISGAEA BOOKS, MANGA, & MERCH!?

odinfan
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby odinfan » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:39 pm

Wait, did you say "Cardcaptors" or "Cardcaptor Sakura"? Because if it's the former, you're watching the edited English dub that was released in North America to unsuspecting fans. The latter is the uncut Japanese version of the show, which I'm watching again for clarity's sake, and the fact that I never finished it to begin with.

But, yes, I was a big fan of that stuff, especially seeing Tenchi Muyo for my first time. That was just amazing. Can't really talk about Sailor Moon, as I haven't really kept up with it, but it was cool for what it was, I guess.

PerryComo
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby PerryComo » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:16 pm

A mysterious message coming from nowhere...

Return to “General Chat”