General Chat's General Chat

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.
lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

General Chat's General Chat

Postby lordryo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:19 pm

Have you every got excited over gaming news but didn't want to make a quick-to-die thread for it? Like a game most others here wouldn't? Well now we can discuss all of our random gaming information in an appropriate thread. Here the topics will swiftly switch from one game to another without warning. Just consider it the general, General Chat thread.

My main hype right now is Crysis being distributed over the PSN. I just checked the store today and saw it available for download. Since playing Crysis 2 on the PS3 I've wanted to go about playing Crysis 1 but was unable due to it being a PC game. Well apparently Crytek pulled their heads out of their assess and consolized the game specifically for me. The only downfall is that I'm still low on space on my Hard Drive Divinity. A game like Crysis I'd expect to be some 20 gigs large. Regardless, I must get a new HDD and download this game!
Last edited by lordryo on Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
"For all of your Neptunia needs, there's an Aph for that"
Harvestasha!

XCronoX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Random Gaming News Report

Postby XCronoX » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:55 pm

Maybe I should just dump all the new info into this topic or links to the topics I make/have made, good idea Ryo.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:33 pm

lordryo wrote:My main hype right now is Crysis being distributed over the PSN. I just checked the store today and saw it available for download. Since playing Crysis 2 on the PS3 I've wanted to go about playing Crysis 1 but was unable due to it being a PC game. Well apparently Crytek pulled their heads out of their assess and consolized the game specifically for me. The only downfall is that I'm still low on space on my Hard Drive Divinity. A game like Crysis I'd expect to be some 20 gigs large. Regardless, I must get a new HDD and download this game!

Well, it was 12GB on PC, so I can't imagine it being much bigger on console, even with the witchcraft they must have employed to get it to work, although they may have just toned it down by loads and/or put it in the CryEngine 3 that Crysis 2 used.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:14 pm

XCronoX wrote:Maybe I should just dump all the new info into this topic or links to the topics I make/have made, good idea Ryo.

Yeah. You and I have created a lot of threads for games that get no attention here. Not to mention there's been random questions I've had that didn't warrant its own thread, yet didn't have an appropriate thread to post them in. Now there is.

Ringwraith wrote:
lordryo wrote:My main hype right now is Crysis being distributed over the PSN. I just checked the store today and saw it available for download. Since playing Crysis 2 on the PS3 I've wanted to go about playing Crysis 1 but was unable due to it being a PC game. Well apparently Crytek pulled their heads out of their assess and consolized the game specifically for me. The only downfall is that I'm still low on space on my Hard Drive Divinity. A game like Crysis I'd expect to be some 20 gigs large. Regardless, I must get a new HDD and download this game!

Well, it was 12GB on PC, so I can't imagine it being much bigger on console, even with the witchcraft they must have employed to get it to work, although they may have just toned it down by loads and/or put it in the CryEngine 3 that Crysis 2 used.

Well that's good to know. Although 12 gigs is still a good quarter of my original hard Drive space. I'll definitely have to get a merger one before making this purchase.
Harvestasha!

zatrox
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby zatrox » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:39 am

And in other news, Tim Cain, of Fallout and Troika Games fame, joins Obsidian. Much to my pleasure, may I add.
四百二儒十燃やせ
[21:15:19] <zatrox> what the fuck is wrong with you, vampko
[21:15:23] <CirnoThe9> EVERYTHING

Aphrah
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aphrah » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:16 am

zatrox wrote:And in other news, Tim Cain, of Fallout and Troika Games fame, joins Obsidian. Much to my pleasure, may I add.

Awesome news! O:

Random fact: Troika = Trio.

LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:36 pm

Gundemonium Collection on Steam released a couple weeks ago, in case anyone has forgotten.

I haven't bought it since I alraedy bought it on PSN a long time ago, but I hope it sells well on Steam.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: General Chat's General Chat

Postby lordryo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:46 am

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/28/ja ... ngs-board/

First my dreams of a DMC collection came true. Now my second dream might be true as well. My fantasy PS2 collections is finally becoming a reality!
Harvestasha!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:37 am

Didn't this had a different title? I'm sure this is going to become a Random Chat #2 with this title.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:41 am

lordryo wrote:http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/28/jak-and-daxter-collection-outed-by-korea-ratings-board/

First my dreams of a DMC collection came true. Now my second dream might be true as well. My fantasy PS2 collections is finally becoming a reality!

They've not got around to a Ratchet & Clank one yet. 8-)
Then again, not like there'd be any point in me buying it, as I still have the originals and no HD capability. :P
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:47 am

@Shizuka: I changed the title because I just realized how dumb it was. But this is still General, a thread specifically for game topics. So this thread shouldn't replicate Random entirely, but more like provide a random gaming topic.

Seriously, there's no point in creating an entirely new thread just to say I want a Jak Collection, have a few people respond, and then die off. Now I can say what I want to say, let those interested reply, and then move on to the next little bit of news that excites someone without having 100,000 useless topics.
Harvestasha!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:55 am

You don't need to create a new topic for the Jak Collection, there's already one regarding HD Collections:

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2390

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:01 am

You're right, and I just posted the news of the DMC collection there. But my reasoning stands to represent every other case.
Harvestasha!

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:06 am

I agree with the premise and I do like the idea, but I hope people don't turn this into yet another random, off-topic topic.

lordryo
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby lordryo » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:09 am

I'll do my best to monitor activity and enforce protocol. You can help too.
Harvestasha!

Return to “General Chat”