Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3/PSN) - Out now!

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.

Re: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)

Postby vampko » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Well, I don't think we'll get any answer out of Houk. Since I"m sure TK"s told NISA to keep their mouth shut about things.
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:19 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:
Beedlebud wrote:Houk. Can we confirm the dub-only Ayesha in Europe AND NA?

This. I won't ask for a %...but even I will be a bit upset if the removal of the 2nd language option doesn't result in a larger % being dubbed...

^
I really would like to know how much you guys were able to voice the game now that the Japanese audio is one...if the Japanese audio is gone.

I wasn't gonna be greedy, but since you asked...seconded. There's so many heavy hitters during Feb/March, that they need to appeal to one of the groups at least :lol:
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:20 pm

Just popping in as I'm, somewhat coincidentally, at recording for another project. The game is English only, it is a partial dub, the choice to not have the Japanese audio wasn't ours to make, and the removal of the Japanese had no effect either way on how much of the English dialogue we recorded.
Houk
Overlord
Overlord

Postby Beedlebud » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Houk wrote:Just popping in as I'm, somewhat coincidentally, at recording for another project. The game is English only, it is a partial dub, the choice to not have the Japanese audio wasn't ours to make, and the removal of the Japanese had no effect either way on how much of the English dialogue we recorded.

Wow. That suuuuuuuucks.

Thanks for the confirmation though.
FC:4639-9111-9400 NNID: Xitara
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 pm

Houk wrote:Just popping in as I'm, somewhat coincidentally, at recording for another project. The game is English only, it is a partial dub, the choice to not have the Japanese audio wasn't ours to make, and the removal of the Japanese had no effect either way on how much of the English dialogue we recorded.

I TOLD YOU GUYS

it doesn't affect the amount of lines they can dub.

This is what I've been trying to get through to people for forever!
]

But...ugh! FREAKIN TK!!! :evil:
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
vampko
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Wow...that kinda sucks. I'll still be getting it, but it is kind of a low blow :/ There was always that slight chance that the JP dub did affect the voice acting budget but now...yeah.
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Ok, now i'm really sad ;_;
So we get the same amount of dub we would've gotten with the Japanese audio included, except this time we don't have a choice to swtich to Japanese and have to be forced to listen to however much NISA decided to dub.
Damn :cry:
I'm still getting the game but....TK, BURN IN HELL :evil:
Last edited by vertical09 on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:24 pm

God dammit. Fricken TK, leave it to them to screw up what NISA's done good for years.
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:25 pm

LAMV wrote:

God dammit. Fricken TK, leave it to them to screw up what NISA's done good for years.

This is a reasonable reaction now...same with vert's, seeing as ours seem to be similar. Oh well, like I said, I'll still be buying it, but TK seems to have broken NISA's track record
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Esper » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:26 pm

Well I guess that's another $60 staying in my pocket. Gonna have two holes on my shelf where games should be. Mugen Souls and Atelier Ayesha. That's incredibly disappointing, I was really looking forward to Ayesha, too.
Last edited by Esper on Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:27 pm

This might actually succeed in getting more negative feedback than a certain other game's thing could ever hope to get...
Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

Darcnova wrote:

Wow...that kinda sucks. I'll still be getting it, but it is kind of a low blow :/ There was always that slight chance that the JP dub did affect the voice acting budget but now...yeah.

YOU HAPPY DARC? YOU GET YOUR DUB ONLY AND YOUR HALF DUB!!

Spoiler:
Totally kidding.
FC:4639-9111-9400 NNID: Xitara
Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby DarkAdonis » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:28 pm

So, in other words, the boneheads at TK sent the game to die.
DarkAdonis
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby vertical09 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:29 pm

Darcnova wrote:This might actually succeed in getting more negative feedback than a certain other game's thing could ever hope to get...

Sure can. No Jp dub AND a partial dub (which we don't know a % of still). That just doesn't sit good at all.
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby SuperNipah » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:31 pm

Basically.

I'm glad Houk at least responded to us. Thank you for that, Houk.

Though I still may be getting this game, I am greatly disappointed.
SuperNipah
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat