Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3/PSN) - Out now!

A place for everybody to talk about anything game-related.

Re: Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk (PS3)

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:32 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:This might actually succeed in getting more negative feedback than a certain other game's thing could ever hope to get...

Sure can. No Jp dub AND a partial dub (which we don't know a % of still). That just doesn't sit good at all.

I totally agree...if it wasn't gonna hurt NISA, and I didn't like the gameplay/story, I'd pass on it, but...yeah

@Beedle - Luckily, I never asked for the partial dub, or removal of the JP track, then I'd be crazy :lol:

@Nipah - Yup, at least Houk was able to answer...I really can't help but think that TK has something to do with this, as the publisher. The ONLY way that they could get my faith back is if they go back to dubbing Warrior's games...heck, giving them dual audio even

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby LAMV » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm

See, everyone knew no good could come with Gust merging into a bigger company, and it turned out everyone was right.

I just don't understand. Why did TK order the removal of the japanese voices when NISA's been doing it for years? What the hell is wrong with them?
LAMV
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Esper » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:36 pm

LAMV wrote:I just don't understand. Why did TK order the removal of the japanese voices when NISA's been doing it for years? What the hell is wrong with them?

They wanted to save a little money at the expense of the hardcore fans. I'm guessing it will still sadly be a money-positive decision which means they will keep doing it.
Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

LAMV wrote:See, everyone knew no good could come with Gust merging into a bigger company, and it turned out everyone was right.

I just don't understand. Why did TK order the removal of the japanese voices when NISA's been doing it for years? What the hell is wrong with them?

Probably as a way to keep costs low...while still only limiting them to a partial dub :/

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Sieghardt » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:37 pm

Houk wrote:Just popping in as I'm, somewhat coincidentally, at recording for another project. The game is English only, it is a partial dub, the choice to not have the Japanese audio wasn't ours to make, and the removal of the Japanese had no effect either way on how much of the English dialogue we recorded.

Thanks for the clarification. This is very sad news and really a soul punch when tecmo koei europe and the facebook page announced it DID have dual audio. I'll still be buying it but I hope the sadness and disapproval of fans can be somehow communicated to the evil tecmo overlords.

also no LE? Do they not want money or something? :/
Sieghardt
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Rarutos » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Wow, that really really sucks. I'm super disappointed. Still going to buy it, but some of the enjoyment of the game was just sucked out for me. I would have been fine with lack of Japanese voices if it was a full dub, but... Man, this is really unfortunate for the Atelier series that I love so dearly. :(
Last edited by Rarutos on Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lovebar made by Me, avatar made by Allegretto. Thank you!
Rarutos
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Sieghardt wrote:
Houk wrote:Just popping in as I'm, somewhat coincidentally, at recording for another project. The game is English only, it is a partial dub, the choice to not have the Japanese audio wasn't ours to make, and the removal of the Japanese had no effect either way on how much of the English dialogue we recorded.

Thanks for the clarification. This is very sad news and really a soul punch when tecmo koei europe and the facebook page announced it DID have dual audio. I'll still be buying it but I hope the sadness and disapproval of fans can be somehow communicated to the evil tecmo overlords.

Seems more like "the fans will eat it up regardless, lets force NISA to go as cheap as possible"

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:39 pm

Sieghardt wrote:

Seems Like their releasing it via putting as little money as possible into it and doing everything in their power to piss off the people who play it so that no one buys it and they can make the excuse "Well no ones buys these games, guess we can drop this series :D"
http://myanimelist.net/profile/neonie
[PSN: Neoniec] [Twitter: Neonie] [Steam: Neonie]
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!
neonie
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby SuperNipah » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:40 pm

If it wasn't NISA's call, it certainly was Tecmo-Koei's. I've no idea what they're thinking, honestly. This is the opposite of how they handled their other recent titles. It's simply bizarre.
SuperNipah
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:42 pm

SuperNipah wrote:If it wasn't NISA's call, it certainly was Tecmo-Koei's. I've no idea what they're thinking, honestly. This is the opposite of how they handled their other recent titles. It's simply bizarre.

Yup, and I was complaining about TKs whole JP Dub/DD only (that's 2 strikes for me, before someone calls me out on it) yes, but I mean...this...yeah >.>

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby PringlesXD » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

Just dropping by from Siliconera to say that it's a real shame to hear this, specially since from all the videos I've watched, I think Ayesha's JP dub is the best one since... well, every Atelier game.

I'm glad I have no problem with English dubs, but I'm sure this will piss many people off. :/
PringlesXD
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:48 pm

PringlesXD wrote:Just dropping by from Siliconera to say that it's a real shame to hear this, specially since from all the videos I've watched, I think Ayesha's JP dub is the best one since... well, every Atelier game.

I'm glad I have no problem with English dubs, but I'm sure this will piss many people off. :/

It already has man, it already has.

And whoa...you do still exist!

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby aquagon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:49 pm

Rarutos wrote:Wow, that really really sucks. I'm super disappointed. Still going to buy it, but some of the enjoyment of the game was just sucked out for me. I would have been fine with lack of Japanese voices if it wa a full dub, but... Man, this is really unfortunate for the Atelier series that I love so dearly. :(

Completely agreed. This is nothing short of horrible.
Was ki ra sonwe, en nha here sheen oz dauan
Was yea ra hymme, en rifaien lusye sos infel.
infel, nafa, sarr, lyuma... xE rre <-x a.u.k. ween sphaela,
en ieeya grandus sorr, eterne.
xaa mmy zeertci sss, yaa ffe tty ccc.
aquagon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Zdood » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm

I'm not really an expert on the subject, but I think it's safe to say someone or someones involved in this process needs to be fired with extreme prejudice. Seriously.
*pic made by NeptuniaWolfV. ^^

Also, Neptunia fanfic here: Hyperdimensional Adventures
Genre: Comedy, Action, Comedy, Yuri
Zdood
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby vertical09 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 pm

PringlesXD wrote:Just dropping by from Siliconera to say that it's a real shame to hear this, specially since from all the videos I've watched, I think Ayesha's JP dub is the best one since... well, every Atelier game.

Pringles, you're back :D
Too bad you came back as such a depressing time >_>'
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat