Demon Gaze General Discussion

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...

General impressions, what do you think of Demon Gaze?

It's fun, I'm glad I bought it
82%
It's ok, maybe I should've waited
9%
Disappointed, it's not what I was expecting
9%
Need more time
No votes
Other (discuss)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Demon Gaze (Vita) - Updated (7/7/13)

Postby Daverost » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:30 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:I noticed the games recently announced were games on the request board too.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on Demon Gaze. Danganronpa had only been there for like 2 weeks, though. Not enough time to negotiate a localization based on that.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:37 pm

@St0ck

What does subjective taste have to do with a game succeeding? You can still like a game and have it sell even remotely decent but it can still flop both critically and in sales.

Funny thing is I noticed more people hating certain titles more than most people.

Also, while sales are important, it doesn't mean sales equal quality of a product.

Also, how can you prove that their games sell good? I don't see any proof besides HDN sale statistics

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:59 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Also, how can you prove that their games sell good? I don't see any proof besides HDN sale statistics

Well...we're still in business?

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:01 pm

Daverost wrote:
Aserrisnepnier wrote:I noticed the games recently announced were games on the request board too.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on Demon Gaze. Danganronpa had only been there for like 2 weeks, though. Not enough time to negotiate a localization based on that.

There was a thread created on the request board for the first Dangan game on PSP back in August of 2010. I can't say that was a specific catalyst, but it did bring the title to the attention of a few of us here, and when this opportunity came up, that was certainly an influencing factor. So...

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:06 am

Houk wrote:
Daverost wrote:

There was a thread created on the request board for the first Dangan game on PSP back in August of 2010. I can't say that was a specific catalyst, but it did bring the title to the attention of a few of us here, and when this opportunity came up, that was certainly an influencing factor. So...

Yeah, I remember that. And I'm glad that you guys picked both up...I'll be sure to buy them when I can

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:17 am

Houk wrote:There was a thread created on the request board for the first Dangan game on PSP back in August of 2010. I can't say that was a specific catalyst, but it did bring the title to the attention of a few of us here, and when this opportunity came up, that was certainly an influencing factor. So...

Weird. Don't remember that one at all. Touché then.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:37 pm

@Aserrisnepnier

You were arguing on behalf of people, as in what people have heard about about what people want, and I was stating that you're only arguing for yourself. Maybe a few people on the forum agree with you, but that hardly makes for a sound base to argue on behalf of people in general.

In this instance since you do not have sales data nor any study data you can only argue for what you and your friends want, any more would be hypothetical guesswork on your part and should be stated as such.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:38 pm

I ended up emailing them about it, and this was the response I got:
Hello dood!

At this time, we have no plans to edit or censor any of the content on Demon Gaze. However, if there is content in Demon Gaze that could be considered pedophilia in certain US, European or Australian jurisdictions (as was the case with the content we edited out of Mugen Souls), we will respond appropriately.

So, good for now, but not a guarantee

Let's keep on crossing those fingers!!
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:42 pm

vampko wrote:I ended up emailing them about it, and this was the response I got:
Hello dood!

At this time, we have no plans to edit or censor any of the content on Demon Gaze. However, if there is content in Demon Gaze that could be considered pedophilia in certain US, European or Australian jurisdictions (as was the case with the content we edited out of Mugen Souls), we will respond appropriately.

The fact that you're responding like this makes me wonder if Demon Gaze has pedophilic content, since the email already makes it clear that it won't be touched if it doesn't.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

St0ck
Majin
Majin

Postby St0ck » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm guessing it was directly referenced in the email he sent, or referenced Mugen Souls which would be why such a direct comment was made... not because they were hinting about things in Demon Gaze.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:55 pm

I'm talking about "Let's keep our fingers crossed!", as if there's a chance that it'll be censored anyway.

This "NISA'S GONNA CENSOR ALL THE GAMES WITH THE RISQUE CGS OH NO" thing got old real quick. If all the Neptunia CGs got by safely then this game has nothing to worry about.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:58 pm

ArmedDragoon wrote:
vampko wrote:I ended up emailing them about it, and this was the response I got:
Hello dood!

The fact that you're responding like this makes me wonder if Demon Gaze has pedophilic content, since the email already makes it clear that it won't be touched if it doesn't.

It's possible that it might have what one of those regions consider it (now the truth that it was likely because of Europe/Australia that Mugen Souls got edited has been brought into the open finally), and it's obvious they're still reviewing the content for that possibility. So, it's still a plausible concern.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:14 pm

SaturnineTenshi wrote:What exactly is the worry concerning anyway?

I've only seen a few CGs, and I think they'd probably get through fine, but others are saying there are some CGs that are really pushing the line.

I'm not about to look at the full CG database because that would spoil seeing them for myself before playing the game. So we just have the word of some people. That one CG of that pettanko (slightly child-like) girl with her clothes barely hanging on might be problematic?
Spoiler:

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:56 pm

Only one CG and two boss designs would be reason for concern, the rest of the game is very tame. People see one CG and assume the rest of the game is just like that or even worse.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:41 pm

Shizuka wrote:Only one CG and two boss designs would be reason for concern, the rest of the game is very tame. People see one CG and assume the rest of the game is just like that or even worse.

So many people decided to get it into their heads that NISA will censor anything and everything that's slightly sexual now just because of Mugen Souls (which in my opinion, I can see why it was censored, not that I like it but lets end that discussion here). Despite how games like Hyperdimension Neptunia, the most recent being Victory and Time and Eternity being completely untouched, people are still unreasonably skeptical about whether or not NISA will censor something.
Unfortunately I don't think anyone will ever really let it go.

Anyway though, yeah that's the only questionable CG I can think of as well, but then again as previously said it's not like I plan on checking through the entire games CG either. I think it'll be fine.

Return to “Demon Gaze”