Demon Gaze General Discussion

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...

General impressions, what do you think of Demon Gaze?

It's fun, I'm glad I bought it
82%
It's ok, maybe I should've waited
9%
Disappointed, it's not what I was expecting
9%
Need more time
No votes
Other (discuss)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Re: Demon Gaze General Discussion

Postby Kresnik » Sun May 18, 2014 7:34 am

I know I've missed the boat on this discussion, but 6k seems bad but I don't think it really is for a game like this.

1. Etrian Odyssey consistently sells low in its first month of sales. From digging around, IV sold < 15k in its first month and Untold sold < 10k in its first month. But the games are clearly turning enough of a profit to keep coming across.

2. NISA Online Sales. I'm told NPD doesn't track these. I don't know exactly how big a % they are, but I could certainly see them being a couple of thousand copies between LE and SE (hopefully!)

3. Digital. Though I suspect a niche title like this will probably have a lot more physical sales, consistently I think Vita is better than other platforms for digital %'s.

It's not a fantastic figure, and I'm not sure whether it would be enough for NISA to consider bringing more Experience Inc. games across (it's half of what Dangan Ronpa did, to put it in perspective). But I just wanted to point out that looking at that 6k in a vacuum isn't the whole picture.

That is all!

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 am

alistair wrote:So it 100% complete uncensored then what about that pic posted pages back is that in & a certain boss is risky.

Oh I'm using my iPad those cards I said how to post them on from my ipad2 I was going to post 1 for my avatar but it was 2 big file size.

I'm still undecided to take the plunge & buy the import of monster monpiece. :twisted:

100% complete.
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun May 18, 2014 7:42 am

@Kresnik
On the other hand, this had maybe a tenth of the marketing DR did - if that.

I do think digital might help some though, if it's really such a tiny file. This is one case where I might go that route since it's supposedly so small.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun May 18, 2014 7:56 am

Seventh wrote:@Kresnik

I do think digital might help some though, if it's really such a tiny file. This is one case where I might go that route since it's supposedly so small.

Did Dangan Ronpa have marketing? Do you mean like the Siliconera interviews and stuff? Because I don't remember much else.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun May 18, 2014 7:59 am

I saw ads for DR on Crunchyroll as well.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun May 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Kresnik wrote:
Seventh wrote:@Kresnik

Did Dangan Ronpa have marketing? Do you mean like the Siliconera interviews and stuff? Because I don't remember much else.

A lot more than what Demon Gaze had.

Kresnik
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Kresnik » Sun May 18, 2014 1:19 pm

Shizuka wrote:A lot more than what Demon Gaze had.

No offence but... that's possibly the most unhelpful thing it was possible to type >.<

Darcnova wrote:I saw ads for DR on Crunchyroll as well.

Fair enough. Normally I see ads for smaller games on VGChartz (Toukiden & Atelier Escha did, for example) so I was expecting it there. Didn't see any on Crunchyroll, but wasn't particularly paying attention for them.

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sun May 18, 2014 1:30 pm

Kresnik wrote:I know I've missed the boat on this discussion, but 6k seems bad but I don't think it really is for a game like this.

1. Etrian Odyssey consistently sells low in its first month of sales. From digging around, IV sold < 15k in its first month and Untold sold < 10k in its first month. But the games are clearly turning enough of a profit to keep coming across.

2. NISA Online Sales. I'm told NPD doesn't track these. I don't know exactly how big a % they are, but I could certainly see them being a couple of thousand copies between LE and SE (hopefully!)

3. Digital. Though I suspect a niche title like this will probably have a lot more physical sales, consistently I think Vita is better than other platforms for digital %'s.

It's not a fantastic figure, and I'm not sure whether it would be enough for NISA to consider bringing more Experience Inc. games across (it's half of what Dangan Ronpa did, to put it in perspective). But I just wanted to point out that looking at that 6k in a vacuum isn't the whole picture.

That is all!

I'm more concerned that NISA didn't do enough (if any) marketing for this game at all. It feel like they were a few steps short of a stealth release.

Do digital and NISA store #'s matter? Sure, but that still doesn't help when the game sold quite low compared to everything else around it, before and after its' release.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun May 18, 2014 1:56 pm

I finally beat Chronos...and then got bored >.> Yeah, I'm not in the mood for DRPGs right now it seems.

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Sun May 18, 2014 3:08 pm

Well it good to know NISA are like XSEED & not censored their games, but I do not sure of NISE the EU branch of NIS as demon gaze is a PEGI-12 so it not censored in NA but may be in EU it is.

Is the game bloody violence because for a PEGI-12 it can shows 1 or the other. [mild violence & sexual themes] .

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Sun May 18, 2014 3:27 pm

There's no blood, as far as I can tell anyways.

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Sun May 18, 2014 6:24 pm

It's not censored in any region.

razisgosu
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby razisgosu » Sun May 18, 2014 6:49 pm

alistair wrote:Well it good to know NISA are like XSEED & not censored their games, but I do not sure of NISE the EU branch of NIS as demon gaze is a PEGI-12 so it not censored in NA but may be in EU it is.

Is the game bloody violence because for a PEGI-12 it can shows 1 or the other. [mild violence & sexual themes] .

NISA announces any content edits they have to make far in advance and as I PMed you earlier this has only occurred in 2 titles so far. The game got a low rating because theres nothing worthy of a high rating in it.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun May 18, 2014 8:37 pm

Hrm....losing interest in the game again...The Gazer is a jerk pretty much :(

These choices suck

And it's annoying how I got a mission, and I can find the items, but it won't let me turn them in because of stupid story reasons :(
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

R353ARCH_D35TROY
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby R353ARCH_D35TROY » Mon May 19, 2014 12:33 am

So far only about 6.25 hours into the game, but mannnnn

<3

Thank you for localizing. First NISA game I am playing in English also. ^^

Return to “Demon Gaze”