Demon Gaze General Discussion

Gaze for long into a demon, the demon will gaze back into you...

General impressions, what do you think of Demon Gaze?

It's fun, I'm glad I bought it
82%
It's ok, maybe I should've waited
9%
Disappointed, it's not what I was expecting
9%
Need more time
No votes
Other (discuss)
No votes

Total votes: 34

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Demon Gaze (Vita)

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:03 pm

Magidracky wrote:So we're back on topic now? :lol:

Yeah, I'm glad they don't seem to be overselling the ecchi elements a la CH. Also those are some seriously cool monster designs, although I'm a little disappointed that they went with sprite-based monsters rather than 3D models.

Yup, that's why I want this localized, while it has ecchi elements, it isn't the main advertisement pitch...

And I agree, those monsters look nice, I guess it costs less to use a static, 2D image than it does to make a full 3D image, which is also why this type of game is in a first person view, and never in a 3rd person few (that changes the genre pretty much :P) on the bright side, at least it looks like we see the character art when we're picking actions

Magidracky
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Magidracky » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

Yeah, I imagine it is a cost-cutting measure, which is fine; just throw in some cool-looking spell effects and I'm okay.

Really, the only first-person dungeon crawler I've ever played that had 3D monsters was Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land on the PS2. Of course, as I recall the monsters were super-generic goblins and skeletons and the like so it didn't really help.
Last edited by Magidracky on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:16 pm

Oh, I almost forgot about the actual game =P

Yeah, the game screens look pretty good~ I dont know what they'll be doing with the dating sim elements though.
Guh. All these damn reason to get a Vita just keep popping up =P

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:25 pm

vertical09 wrote:Oh, I almost forgot about the actual game =P

Yeah, the game screens look pretty good~ I dont know what they'll be doing with the dating sim elements though.

I honestly recommend it...there's so many nice vita games coming out, in Japan and the US

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:46 pm

Darcnova wrote:

I honestly recommend it...there's so many nice vita games coming out, in Japan and the US

Well actually. Every single game that I want right now, hasn't been announced for a localization ^^;
I'm just waiting for some of this stuff to get localized, then i'll probably jump on it.

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Well actually. Every single game that I want right now, hasn't been announced for a localization ^^;
I'm just waiting for some of this stuff to get localized, then i'll probably jump on it.

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.
Follow me on Twitter, http://www.twitter.com/ZekeFreek
Click Below To Check Out My Original Web Novel Series! Million To One!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:48 pm

vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Ragnarok, P4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Zero Escape, Little King's Story, Dokuro, Sly 4, and PS All Stars Battle Royale don't interest you? I'd be kinda shocked that there isn't one on that list that doesn't :lol:

I may have missed a few good games on there, but that list contains the more recent/upcoming ones

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Darcnova wrote:
vertical09 wrote:
Darcnova wrote:

Ragnarok, P4 Golden, Soul Sacrifice, Zero Escape, Little King's Story, Dokuro, Sly 4, and PS All Stars Battle Royale don't interest you? I'd be kinda shocked that there isn't one on that list that doesn't :lol:

I may have missed a few good games on there, but that list contains the more recent/upcoming ones

There was this little mom and pop store title... you probably never heard of it... it was called DISGAEA 3!?!
Listen me and some chums talk anime at https://www.youtube.com/user/Inuyashath ... ubeythe3rd

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:55 pm

How the heck could I forget D3 Vita!? Zeke, you can proceed with the mocking!

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Darcnova wrote:How the heck could I forget D3 Vita!? Zeke, you can proceed with the mocking!

Darc, you just made a fool of yourself on the internet. You should be ashamed. Boo...

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:15 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:How the heck could I forget D3 Vita!? Zeke, you can proceed with the mocking!

Darc, you just made a fool of yourself on the internet. You should be ashamed. Boo...

Patronizing me, that works too...

Anyways, as for this game, I'm watching it, though there's tons of N1 games that I'm watching too, so I might forget about it if this topic suddenly goes dead :lol:

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:17 pm

Darcnova wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

Anyways, as for this game, I'm watching it, though there's tons of N1 games that I'm watching too, so I might forget about it if this topic suddenly goes dead :lol:

Disgaea topics tend to run at a start and stop pace anyway.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:18 pm

ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

That they do...though once we get an influx of info, this will most likely turn slower than it

ZekeFreek
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ZekeFreek » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:21 pm

Darcnova wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:
Darcnova wrote:
ZekeFreek wrote:

That they do...though once we get an influx of info, this will most likely turn slower than it

Well duh. I'd be worried if that wasn't the case.

Darcnova
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Darcnova » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:22 pm

But then once another fanservice shot is shown, this will erupt into a 200+ page topic :P

Return to “Demon Gaze”