MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here-)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here

Postby Seventh » Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:14 pm

Initially it was making the point, right there it was clarifying it because it kept looping.

And I don't think everyone really understands it, or at least the significance of it, because it is still significant, which is what I'm trying to get across.

BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby BDSMKane » Sun Jul 06, 2014 2:43 pm

I'm actually still not willing to accept that any change beyond standard localization had to be made in the first place. I don't know what the script is like in the Japanese version, and I don't know what terms were used to refer to the character in the first place. If, in the original script, Fiona was referred to as "Fiona, the child, who is not of legal age," then yes, a change had to be made. But if the original script referred to her as "Fiona when she was younger," then no change had to be made at all.
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:03 pm

Well, if we assume the localization was accurate, then it was. I mean, in most circumstances, why would you think twice about referring to a character by their age?

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:33 pm

I finished this game three times already while waiting for the patch and enjoyed it. There's plenty of fanservice for people who enjoy that kind of stuff. Personally I find those scenes icky so I skip them on second playthrough and onward. The only thing they removed were the mini-bath games, then then added some cloud and mist effect in the bath scenes. Nothing bad with that. This conversation has been going in circles for weeks now and I think everything has been said and re-said. You don't need to purchase this game, you don't even need to think about it... but if this toxicity is what you enjoy, fine... Go for it. Live in that toxicity while some of us still enjoy the game and what it has to offer.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:05 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:I finished this game three times already while waiting for the patch and enjoyed it. There's plenty of fanservice for people who enjoy that kind of stuff. Personally I find those scenes icky so I skip them on second playthrough and onward. The only thing they removed were the mini-bath games, then then added some cloud and mist effect in the bath scenes. Nothing bad with that. This conversation has been going in circles for weeks now and I think everything has been said and re-said. You don't need to purchase this game, you don't even need to think about it... but if this toxicity is what you enjoy, fine... Go for it. Live in that toxicity while some of us still enjoy the game and what it has to offer.

I believe the issue people have is that they wanted to enjoy everything the game had to offer. You have your preferences, others have theirs. To deny them theirs because they aren't yours isn't really fair (for instance, the use of "only" says, to you, that doesn't matter much - totally fine for you, but perhaps not the same for others).

Furthermore, having a dedicated topic for this prevents spamming the board with the same conversation over and over every time a new point comes up or a new person wants to add their thoughts to the matter, and this comes off as, in a way, saying that this thread shouldn't be around, when it's actually at least served a decent purpose in that respect.

If you like the game, fine, if you enjoy the game, fine - that is awesome. Go do that. However, if we're going to talk about "toxicity," then I think this is easily one of the most "toxic" posts in the thread, adding very little to the conversation and just belittling and dismissing those and the feelings and beliefs of those who are taking part in it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:08 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:then added some cloud and mist effect in the bath scenes. Nothing bad with that.

Actually, the cloud and mist effects were the same in the original versions as well. I really liked this game too, if this game was gonna be out for the PS4 and region locked (I know it's not region locked), I'd buy a Japanese PS4 and import that game right away.

*Back to the subject
Well, as someone who loves this game because of what the game has, the bath minigame isn't an integral part of the gameplay of Mugen Souls Z. When I mean not an integral part, it changes nothing to the story or add anything to the experience, you can get a platinum on this game without ever seeing it.

***To others who have played the JP version of the Mugen Souls games, do you guys think the Mugen Souls minigame is less integral to the rest of the game compared to one in Criminal Girls? I'm asking other people's opinions because I already know my opinion.

I didn't mind Mugen Souls at all because the minigame wasn't important at all to the overall experience and it offered a lot of other neat stuff to make it a blast for me. I'm sure a lot of Monpiece owners can understand what I mean.

To me, Criminal Girls looks like it's pretty ingrained into the gameplay but I don't know much about that game or played it to say anything. I can understand someone who doesn't know much about the game and got interested because of the bath minigame to be upset. Just to clarify, I don't think NISA's removing the minigame for Criminal Girls if it's a key feature for that game.

Edit:
Hmm, looks like Houk has already said that the minigame is still staying in Criminal Girls, looks like I was right even 3 hours before that was said ;)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

alistair
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby alistair » Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:08 am

Houk wrote:The reality is that no, we're not trying to appeal to EVERYONE, but yes, we ARE trying to appeal to more people than just the hardest of the hardcore fans. The fact is, the sum total of everyone on this forum still only makes up a very small percentage of the total number of people buying our games. Some people buy our games because of the core gameplay, some people buy them because they love all things Japanese, and some people buy them (are you ready for this?) because they enjoy our localization/writing style.

Some people have no interest in our games, or simply don't know/care about them, and nothing we do will change that. We are NOT trying to appeal to these people. That being said, we absolutely ARE trying to please everyone in those categories I mentioned. We do our best in each game to strike a balance between retaining the innate feel of the original while adapting it for our Western audience. And yes, sometimes that means changing the joke about a Japanese sitcom from the 70s into an American sitcom from the 70s. For some people, even that kind of change is too much. For others (many others, in fact), that kind of change is essential to their enjoyment of the game.

And the bottom line is, this model has led to 10 years of profitability, overwhelmingly positive feedback from fans (another possibly surprising fact if you judge things based solely on our forum), and a staggering amount of trust and support from the developers we work with. In fact, our localization philosophy is one of our primary selling points when establishing a relationship with a new developer. We make sure they understand and support our approach, and ultimately it's been a success.

One easy example is Danganronpa. While a number of people here and across the Internet were vehemently against some of the changes we made, the overall response to our localization has been overwhelmingly positive, the game has been a financial and critical success, and Spike Chunsoft has expressed their happiness with our handling of the game on multiple occasions. Lots of people bought it because they already knew about the series or because they like the "Japaneseness" of it, but lots of people also bought it simply because it's a well made game with a localization many people consider to be high-quality.

While some people might think we mishandled the game, as far as we're concerned it was absolutely a positive result for us. So when people tell us that we need to listen to the most vocal and hardcore minority about how we do localization in favor of doing what we think is best for the overall audience, both current and potential, it's hard for me to agree when we achieve that kind of success following the philosophy we've developed over the years. Will we always listen to opinions and feedback? Absolutely. But ultimately, we have to do what we think is best based on the approach that has brought us success, and sometimes that's different from what the hardcore niche would like us to do.

I read though all that but I'm still not impress so I'm going to use NISA & complie heart as a example.

1st off NISA not looking for the hardest of gamers that into all Japanese things including ehhic games there for you looking for the causal gamers that does not like adult games plus ehhic so of course they've won't mind censorship the Lahar & etta are not ehhic & not a adult game at all.

So it been 10 years eh well in 10 years there was not a lot of ecchi games out there in the market I never hear of ehhi games till corpse party come out but over the 3 years it comes to a complte head-on with censorship issue started with MS & MSZ but more so with IFI monpiece.

We the hardest hardcore gamers are a minority since when we not you know take the adult games like CAll of duty, GTA even god of war sales figures causal gamers that like they've gameplay more then was content added or not would't touch those adult games like the hardcore games do, have you see a causal gamer playing COD MP all day no the hardcore games do & sold by a bucket load. Or how about god of war all day on it.

By saying we are a minority is total Bull, why because it sound like to me the majority are under 18 & not into ecchi games so they've would not mind if you censor your games because the number does not match up with the sales of COD & god of war. No any boby sit on a game all day is hardest of gamers & there is a lot of them.

Lasty if you do decide of what you said above we not looking for every-one, & not every-one likes echhi a simple solution why bother making a ecchi game that some won't like & never did like Fanservice but only to censor it because it point-less echhi is only there to shock like all games to push the boundaries of taste.

You NISA do great games like demon gaze a echhi game uncut, but GC you do decide to cut, & you NISA are not truly a echhi dev/pushlier not like compile heart they've are into the echhi market & themselves do not censored they've own games, & didn't compile heart took away your rights because they've know you would butcher the game.

Like I said CH don't do it & never will but the ARM of IF with the new office in NA the IFI had a power to self-censor themselves but the irony is the IFI CEO is a ex-NISA employer no surprise there then. :lol:

NefariousEvil
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby NefariousEvil » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:41 pm

If your reading this nisa this is just my curiosity but if this game had no loli's and had a rated m rating would you censor it? This is just a question not a hater or anything else.

Ringwraith
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Ringwraith » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:27 am

They've released games which got M ratings before, so they clearly don't a have a problem with that.
At least one of their games they were fairly certain would get an M rating and surprised them when it got a T instead.
<SaturnineTenshi> and we can play with solice because he likes it
<Solice> i hear it's better than playing with myself

<Solice> celtic had a hard time getting his ball out?
<Kana> oh man, you have no idea

formercustomer
Peon
Peon

Re: MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here-)

Postby formercustomer » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:38 pm

Just came here to rant after finding out about the censorship in the steam reviews. NISA just lost another long time customer.
What's worse than the actual censorship itself is how they are morally judging their audience because they themselves are unable to distinguish between 2D and 3D. Otakus are already shunned by society, I don't need that shit from my weeaboo video games.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”