Mugen Souls Z

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls Z

Postby vertical09 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:35 am

mario_0345 wrote:
shymel94 wrote:First game opened at ~23,000 copies sold.. Almost a 50% drop. And before someone brings it up, this game won't have crazy legs (staying on the chart for a good time).

Crap :( . I wonder why it didn't sell as much Z seems to be an improvement in almost every area of the first one.

Well I still really hope that we get this game, but the odds of it seem to be really low. Hmm... maybe there is a better chance if they offered it as a downloadable only game with only the text translated.

You know...that'll probably hurt sales even more.
There's still the censoring issue lingering over the localization too...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed May 01, 2013 11:58 am

Well, lower sales could be offset by significantly lower production and printing costs, resulting in more actual profit for the company... :?
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed May 01, 2013 12:17 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, lower sales could be offset by significantly lower production and printing costs, resulting in more actual profit for the company... :?

Though, that's not something we can know really. Compile Heart did seem to put a lot of money into marketing this, and it being improved in a lot of ways is probably showing more of a problem with the budget.

I wonder if Shylma is the problem?
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed May 01, 2013 12:24 pm

No idea how the Japanese are responding to Syrma... XD; I like her design, though. And she seems like a fun protagonist.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

Tiger Festival
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tiger Festival » Wed May 01, 2013 12:29 pm

Shizuka wrote:12./00. [PS3] Mugen Souls Z # <RPG> (Compile Heart) {2013.04.25} (¥7.329) - 13.342 / NEW <40-60%>

Bombed.

God Damn :o

I totally thought this game would sell even more than the first. Well bye bye localization.
Previous username: Arnold Teddie Rosario

My 3DS Friend Code: 3153-4362-8438 Name is Tiger
My Nintendo Network ID: TFS_Goku

PM me if you add me and I'll add you provided you give me your friend code.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed May 01, 2013 12:39 pm

Rednal wrote:No idea how the Japanese are responding to Syrma... XD; I like her design, though. And she seems like a fun protagonist.

Well, I mean, maybe they were upset that CH just up and changed the main character on everyone? Sequels generally don't do that.

Also, maybe the certain group of otaku that this was aimed at (with the bath minigame and whatnot) are starting to dwindle? Plus, Mugen Souls has this problem where it somewhat alienates the waifu crowd by trying to establish relationships with different guys for the female characters. Yet, their marketing was completely geared towards the waifu crowd.

Neptunia does well possibly because it takes the yuri under/overtones route, which will bring in the yuri fans, and keep the waifu crowd around, because another girl is really never an obstacle for them (as they tend to see it).

Even though Mugen Souls tends to have a better setup for the JRPG crowd in terms of its gameplay, which should do an okay job of bringing in JRPG enthusiasts, they push that crowd away with all their marketing and all the very ecchi stuff.

So they've kinda missed all their markets. Of course all these different factors don't completely eliminate the customer base, but I'm just saying with all of them together, it probably does cause a bit of a chasm to form.

Of course, this is all my own conjecture and has no hard evidence behind it.
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

shymel94
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shymel94 » Wed May 01, 2013 1:15 pm

How was the first game received in Japan? Knowing that would help us.
3DS FC: 2148-8629-2994
PSN ID: sheena1278
Wii U FC: shy_mel

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed May 01, 2013 1:31 pm

shymel94 wrote:How was the first game received in Japan? Knowing that would help us.

I'm not really sure. All we have are those sales numbers to go by really.
Spoiler:

Aserrisnepnier
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Aserrisnepnier » Wed May 01, 2013 1:52 pm

Vamp...

How can any JRPG enthusiast withstand a game with a shit story, massive recycled content, rehashed gameplay from another title and a frame rate BELOW 30FPS (That's barely even playable!!!!)

I'm into niche JRPGs, I looked into Mugen Souls (game itself and marketing) and I think it's downright horrible.

So even if the marketing didn't turn people away, the game itself & how it plays would.

& I'm glad it sold poorly, because it deserves it.

Beedlebud
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Beedlebud » Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 pm

Aserrisnepnier wrote:Vamp...

How can any JRPG enthusiast withstand a game with a shit story, massive recycled content, rehashed gameplay from another title and a frame rate BELOW 30FPS (That's barely even playable!!!!)

I'm into niche JRPGs, I looked into Mugen Souls (game itself and marketing) and I think it's downright horrible.

So even if the marketing didn't turn people away, the game itself & how it plays would.

Lol.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Beedlebud wrote:

Lol.

:lol: I have a feeling that person didn't even play it

Anyways. I hope this doesn't mean they stop making it. Mugen Souls is my favorite game. No other JRPG has the level of customization it has. Plus I love the cute moeness.

Tiger Festival
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Tiger Festival » Wed May 01, 2013 2:15 pm

Rofl Damn THAT WAS BRRRUUUUTTTTAAAAAALLLLLL!!!!!!
Previous username: Arnold Teddie Rosario

My 3DS Friend Code: 3153-4362-8438 Name is Tiger
My Nintendo Network ID: TFS_Goku

PM me if you add me and I'll add you provided you give me your friend code.

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Wed May 01, 2013 2:21 pm

The second game could have fixed most of those issues (I doubt you'll think the story is worth anything).
Spoiler:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 01, 2013 2:31 pm

vampko wrote:The second game could have fixed most of those issues (I doubt you'll think the story is worth anything).

I actually love Mugens Souls storyline. Disgeaes were too fairytailish. and I don't care for Hyperdimension Neptunia storyline.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Wed May 01, 2013 2:36 pm

darkrchaos wrote:
vampko wrote:The second game could have fixed most of those issues (I doubt you'll think the story is worth anything).

I actually love Mugens Souls storyline. Disgeaes were too fairytailish. and I don't care for Hyperdimension Neptunia storyline.

...There's something funny about this, considering that Souls was basically IF/CH imitating Disgaea. I mean, it's fine to have your opinion and all, but I fail to see how 'Undisputed God girl taking over seven worlds and making everything her peons' is any less 'fairytailish' than what goes on in the average Disgaea game. :?
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”