MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here-)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: MSZ Content Editing Discussion Thread (Please Post -Here

Postby neonie » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:10 pm

Dialogue:

I don't understand why it's an issue considering it is very, incredibly clear they are not naked this time around and wearing very visible outfits. If it has to do with the sounds they make when you scrub them then I don't understand why not just include the CG's, the CG's are basically all those mini-games are worth anyway right?

Stance:

I don't particularly feel the need to have the mini-game. I would like to have the CG's but honestly the amount of time I would spend looking at the CG's probably isn't much. Nothing else in the game is being edited and NISA already does the one, most very important thing I want localization companies to do, which is include the Japanese track.

This game contains some of my most beloved god tier voice talent in all of Japanese VO, and if the Japanese track wasn't left in, then I absolutely wouldn't get it.

I will most likely buy this game. NISA usually doesn't fail to include those audio tracks and they were in the last game, don't see why they wouldn't be in this one.

The mini-game to me is not a big enough deal to warrant me not playing the game.

Houk:

I wish you the best of luck sir.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

killer9i1994
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby killer9i1994 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Well... can't say I'm surprised. Mostly disappointed about the removal of the CGs but I guess if I want to see them I can find them somewhere on the internet.

I'll still probably be picking this up. Censorship isn't enough to turn me away from a game if I'm genuinely interested in it. I gotta say though, NISA's got some balls to localize this and still censor it knowing how the first game sold. I guess that just shows some dedication to their fans of this series. Props for that NISA.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:33 pm

I have Mugen Souls Z JP and it feels weird hearing them say they will censor it. I mean in bath mini-game they wear more cloths then in the actual game lol. And in the post game mini-game CGs....

If we don't get the mini-game or the CGs for it, I want at least the post game mini-game CGs, Since I'm pretty sure 90% of those are Rated E. If they have those, it will prove to me that NISA cares.

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 pm

darkrchaos wrote:If they have those, it will prove to me that NISA cares.

If we haven't proven that already, it will literally never happen.

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:28 am

Houk wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:If they have those, it will prove to me that NISA cares.

If we haven't proven that already, it will literally never happen.

Just the fact that you're bringing this over at all after what happened last time shows that you care way more than you probably should.
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

Esper
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby Esper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:20 am

I'm disappointed. That's all I really have to say. If TK can learn from their mistakes with Atelier, why can't NISA with Mugen Souls?

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 am

Esper wrote:I'm disappointed. That's all I really have to say. If TK can learn from their mistakes with Atelier, why can't NISA with Mugen Souls?

Because dual audio is a very easy thing to have in a video game while borderline pedophilic content kind of isn't?
Neogaf wrote:In my opinion the main creative heads behind such games are undoubtedly pedophiles. There's no doubt in my mind. Having them lose money doesn't bother me at all.

Saintdante
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Saintdante » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:02 am

I don't mind it being censored although I would prefer a fully uncensored game the cultural differences make it so this game can't really have the bathing mini-game without being slammed by the media in general. This year in particular there have been constant articles about misogyny and sexism so if this was released in all it's glory I could only imagine the field day the video game press will have.

neonie
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby neonie » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:22 am

Saintdante wrote:I don't mind it being censored although I would prefer a fully uncensored game the cultural differences make it so this game can't really have the bathing mini-game without being slammed by the media in general. This year in particular there have been constant articles about misogyny and sexism so if this was released in all it's glory I could only imagine the field day the video game press will have.

None i imagine. Do you really think anyone besides the people who were already going to get this game would ever even look or think twice about this sort of game? Hell no.

Dragon Crown got slammed because it was marketed to western gamers and because the art was incredibly intrepid about making boobs bounce and jiggle.

Idiot sites like IGN already call every single game with a Japanese art style "perverted " and write it off with shit low scores while bitching the whole time in the review because they're so insecure about them selves as men that playing as a female disgusts and repulses them. This game will get absolutely the same treatment. Taking out a mini-game isn't going to change shit.

ArmedDragoon wrote:
borderline pedophilic content

You are being dumb and should stop being dumb.
Houk wrote:THE HYPOTHETICAL CENSORSHIP OF BABIES!

Spoiler:

ArmedDragoon
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby ArmedDragoon » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:32 am

neonie wrote:
ArmedDragoon wrote:
borderline pedophilic content

You are being dumb and should stop being dumb.

Someone who played Mugen Souls Z wrote:Image

The problem is that it's not just characters like this one; it's also very, very obviously underage little girls being subjected to this pseudo-nude situation, complete with erotic moaning.

Coreven
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Coreven » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:39 am

And that's a problem because..?
Spoiler:
<Guyincognito> Very informative. I'm so glad there is a resource for info where threads stay on topic and don't instantly descend into pointless bullshit before dying
<Fir-Q> Otherwise known as Cor's Law.

dust10
Vassal
Vassal

Postby dust10 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:48 am

Okay before I start writing a book about all the things I should say in this thread let me start with something simple.

Since I know raging about bringing the bath minigame back isn't going to change anything could you guys AT LEAST include the CGs that you encounter in the bath minigame? Like all the CGs of the bath minigame gets unlocked once you finish the game or something...

There shouldn't be any problem with that right? Since the fundamental problem was that you rub those "child-like" bodies in the minigame so just adding the CG in the CG viewer shouldn't pose any problem... I think.

Booger
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Booger » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:23 am

Guys, if you REALLY want a bathing loli minigame I could probably whip something up really quick:

(non H, but still NSFW especially with the speakers on)
http://rubbinggames.blogspot.com/

For heavens sake it's simple enough to be done in HTML5 for browser, it's the drawing the CG that's gonna take a lot of time.

But I'm really glued to threads like these because I'm really hoping for localizations of games like Exstetra, Conception II and Akiba Strip 2 which are less pervy but their roadblocks are essentially the same as games experienced by Mugen Soulds. So what happens here sets a precedent or something like that.

vertical09
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vertical09 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:26 am

Welp, that's one disappointment stacked on.
Fortunately, I don't exactly care as much for the game in general this time around, so it really doesn't bug me. I mean, I wish NISA could've tried editing it instead of straight ripping it out, but eh :roll:.
I'll be watching over this game for a bit...But for now, I feel a bit let down. I almost don't even want to hear how the dub amount will be treated...

Coreven
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby Coreven » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:13 am

Booger wrote:Guys, if you REALLY want a bathing loli minigame

I don't want a bathing loli minigame. I want a bathing loli minigame in MS.
Spoiler:
<Guyincognito> Very informative. I'm so glad there is a resource for info where threads stay on topic and don't instantly descend into pointless bullshit before dying
<Fir-Q> Otherwise known as Cor's Law.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”