Mugen souls Z LE sold out

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen souls Z LE sold out

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu May 08, 2014 10:33 am

Rednal wrote:This thread should remain about the LE?

May we talk about the first game's LE? We probably have a topic for that one too but that was before our time and not worth necro-reviving that thread.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Thu May 08, 2014 10:45 am

That's... sufficiently on topic, I suppose, particularly if the two are being compared. XD
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu May 08, 2014 11:14 am

Rednal wrote:That's... sufficiently on topic, I suppose, particularly if the two are being compared. XD

I just wanted to say that the first game's LEs were awesome! I still really like the battle music to the original Mugen Souls, it really pumps you up for battle.

NISA went really crazy with the Mugen Souls LE, I was expecting a Syrma or Plushie but an artbook, keychain and poster still sounds nice. But before that, I wasn't really expecting any LE for Mugen Souls Z but it seems that NISA did a great job with it for this game since it's sold out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Alice Twilight
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby Alice Twilight » Fri May 09, 2014 5:20 am

Rednal wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:IIRC I heard Nisa wasn't going to censor it because of criticism for the first game.

I'd say you probably heard wrong, then - back during the livestream, they said they actually talked to the ESRB, and were basically told "If you submitted this without edits, we'll probably rate it AO". The first game sold just fine (and a variety of third-party sources support that, actually - I can elaborate on request), and it seems they'd rather release a game than not release it.

Do you know where I can find this info? I've google terms and got nothing, I'm keen on wanting to know more.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri May 09, 2014 5:39 am

Alice Twilight wrote:
Rednal wrote:
Alice Twilight wrote:IIRC I heard Nisa wasn't going to censor it because of criticism for the first game.

I'd say you probably heard wrong, then - back during the livestream, they said they actually talked to the ESRB, and were basically told "If you submitted this without edits, we'll probably rate it AO". The first game sold just fine (and a variety of third-party sources support that, actually - I can elaborate on request), and it seems they'd rather release a game than not release it.

Do you know where I can find this info? I've google terms and got nothing, I'm keen on wanting to know more.

I actually just watched the entire stream on Twitch a couple hours ago. They do indeed actually bring all that up.

They also talked about a bunch of other stuff. I'd recommend listening to the whole thing if you ever manage to find the time as it does give you a better idea of what's going on behind the scenes with them, even though there's only three of them there: their localization decisions, their relationships with companies, budget decisions, how they handle reception, ect. It was surprisingly informative.

Regardless, the part that you are looking for starts at around 01:53:38.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Fri May 09, 2014 8:53 am

shadowmaksim wrote:
Rednal wrote:I'd say you probably heard wrong, then - back during the livestream, they said they actually talked to the ESRB, and were basically told "If you submitted this without edits, we'll probably rate it AO". The first game sold just fine (and a variety of third-party sources support that, actually - I can elaborate on request), and it seems they'd rather release a game than not release it.

So that has finally actually been confirmed now?

Maybe some of the naysayers will finally lay off NISA for censoring the game seeing how it really was a "censor or nothing" situation...though I doubt most of them will. There's also the "we'll probably rate it AO" part. Makes it seem like the people at ESRB aren't even sure themselves but I could just be reading too much into it.

Anyway, good to hear that the game did actually sale well. I guess still having LEs left over even now is not exactly the best indication at times.

Something to keep in mind,but that statement from the ESRB was probably a free opinion from the ESRB,and not a opinion,or actual conclusion formed from going through the actual rating process. On top of that we don't know who NISA talked to ,or even how many people talked to at the ESRB.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”