Mugen Souls Z Localization Appreciation

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Mugen Souls Z Localization Appreciation

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm

I am an otaku and realize that. These may seem over-exaggerated to a smart and logical human being but these are my earnest feelings.

Spoiler:
The Mugen Souls thread on the Idea Factory International Forums has made me feel more blessed that this game is coming over. Members were saying that Mugen Souls Z sold like garbage in Japan and predict that the English release will be a disaster. If NISA knows that it sold bad in Japan and are still localizing this, it just shows how much NISA cares about the few fans who enjoyed Mugen Souls.

Many Mugen Souls fans have lost hope in ever seeing the sequel come to the west and used to think that we would never see how much the sequel has improved but our prayers have been answered last month.

The news was quite shocking to all who have lost hope. Now lovers of the original game can rejoice and build a stronger Mugen Souls fanbase in the west, it shows that they really care about the gamers who "enjoyed" the series.

From what I read about !dea Factory international, the CEO thanked Aksys and Ghostlight but it was NIS America who had the biggest impact by releasing Neptunia and Mugen Souls to the west. The release of two very odd games that other companies from Idea Factory that nobody would want to publish: Neptunia PP and Mugen Souls Z, show how close NISA and IFI really are. The average person might think the release those two games are crazy but I think that's risky and courageous.

Aksys have their fans waiting for Agarest War Marriage but with the !dea factory Intentional forums being active about it, I think this game has a high chance of coming. On the other hand, NISA doesn't have the fans of their Compile Heart franchises waiting. Every single Neptunia and Mugen Souls has been release and is probably going to be released to the west along side their own games from their parent company.

The quality of the localization of Neptunia V might not be the greatest (I honestly have no problems) but Netunia fans didn't have worry about it not getting a western release nor wait very long. It's okay if you guys aren't satisfied with it but for me, I'd rather get anything than nothing. This motivational quote only applies to me and I'm not telling anybody else to believe this but I believe this because I want to be happy.

They could've made it easy for themselves and not localize this game at all and not have to deal with all of this troubles that accompanies it. Negative thoughts bout about Mugen Souls Z makes me more grateful. The game is coming out 100% which was one of my goals in life and fans no longer have to worry like they used to. NISA may not get much money from this, but they've gained a large amount of an intangible currency called trust, we almost lost hope.

We would have never seen a game like this come to the west but this was the company who had the guts to take a game nobody would even look at. The worst kind of failure is not trying at all but they successfully brought Mugen Souls and Mugen Souls Z over.

Thank you for announcing a Japanese game that I enjoyed. It must be a tough decision with pressures of bad sales in Japan, criticism of the original game and going against western political gaming taboos.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Re: Mugen Souls Z Localization Appreciation

Postby lopez » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:12 pm

Personally, I do not like this series, but I am glad NISA is bringing it over, in general.

There is something to be said about this turn of events, though I'm not sure if it's related to sales, money, contract(s), possibly listening to fan requests or all the above :shock:

vampko
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby vampko » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:14 pm

I'll put in my support too! When I first heard this news it really lifted my spirits~
あの巨人シノはあんたたちの金髪少女の髪を食べたいな顔をしてるよ
AniList (no need to reg to view)
[06:46:27] <Solice> you're like dealing with a bag of rabid cats
Zdood: You are who you are. And you are a captain at the wheel of an easily-sinkable fleet of ships made of duct tape.
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:27 pm

NISA is gaining nothing from releasing this game, every comment I heard about releasing Mugen Souls Z has been negative and people say they are shooting themselves in the foot. Mugen Souls only sold 10 copies or less and almost got the company bankrupt. It is also the most hated game in the world ever since it was released and I can't think of any benefits for NISA releasing Mugen Souls Z.

Spoiler:
I think there are way too few people in the world who has played this game and like it. This announcement was like a blessing from God.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:29 pm

I will be buying the game but won't stop the hate, NISA knows this is what happens when they censor stuff. From what they said it has less censorship so we are making progress. And I know for sure it didn't sell only 10 copys. To show my love for moe anime games and hated for censorship.

Can't wait to buy this game :D hope it comes out soon, this spring maybe.

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I will be buying the game but won't stop the hate, NISA knows this is what happens when they censor stuff. From what they said it has less censorship so we are making progress. And I know for sure it didn't sell only 10 copys. To show my love for moe anime games and hated for censorship.

NISA stated they are removing the entire bath game so we're not making any progress...

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:32 pm

I loved this even when I was playing in Japanese. Having it in English will be that much better. <3
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I will be buying the game but won't stop the hate, NISA knows this is what happens when they censor stuff. From what they said it has less censorship so we are making progress. And I know for sure it didn't sell only 10 copys. To show my love for moe anime games and hated for censorship.

Actually, the amount cut, the censorship so to speak, is exactly the same.

In "Mugen Souls", the only censorship was the removal of the minigame and associated CGs. In "Mugen Souls Z", I think it was Houk who said that the cuts will be the same, only the minigame and associated CGs.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:39 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:

In "Mugen Souls", the only censorship was the removal of the minigame and associated CGs. In "Mugen Souls Z", I think it was Houk who said that the cuts will be the same, only the minigame and associated CGs.

Should talking about this in the other thread but there was more cut.

Yes since I got the bath games on my JP version it doesn't bother me too bad. Just want to hear the cute story in eng, and epic DLC. Get the epic apron only DLC :P

kanade2
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby kanade2 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:52 pm

darkrchaos wrote:
shadowmaksim wrote:

Should talking about this in the other thread but there was more cut.

Yes since I got the bath games on my JP version it doesn't bother me too bad. Just want to hear the cute story in eng, and epic DLC. Get the epic apron only DLC :P

The censorship is equal in the end even if one game had more bath CG than the other. Leaving in the bath game with the safe adult characters would be a example of making progress towards less censorship.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:23 pm

I think it's huge progress that Mugen Souls Z is even coming ove, it will probably still carry an M rating even after the censors.

It's 3x more lewd than the original Mugen Souls in every single way and I can expect a lot of dirty jokes. It's still the most sexualized game even after the cuts, I'm surprised nobody has made fun of how lewd the series is... I guess it's because the topics of the game get derailed too much so nobody can hear them lol.

I think no company would even think about bringing such a sexually suggestive RPG like this to the west. Unlike the original Mugen Souls, every chapter in Mugen Souls Z now comes with a bath scene in addition to the girls getting sexually suggestive slime on this which are going to stay in NISA's version.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Orliatzu
Majin
Majin

Postby Orliatzu » Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:39 pm

As one who had my doubts of Mugen Souls Z localization I also would like to show my appreciation of NISA's efforts to bring this game to a larger audience. Mugen Souls was a diamond in the rough kind of game for me, I went in not really knowing what to expect and was pleasantly surprised by what I got.

The censorship while being a minor point of distress at first was completely understandable when I found out exactly what was cut, and I have no problems at all about what is going to be censored in Mugen Souls Z. Don't get me wrong, I prefer my games to be untouched content-wise from it's Japanese counterparts but I do agree certain things that might be viewed with less than favorable elements in other countries is an unfortunate reality that we must deal with.

I am very eager to get my hands on Mugen Souls Z so that I can once again realize my deepest ambitions to conquer the galaxy or what not once again. :lol:

mario_0345
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby mario_0345 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:22 am

Truthfully I'm really happy that this game is coming over. I really enjoyed the first one and this one looks like it will be a blast. I really didn't believe that this game would come over especially due to how so many people constantly complained about the censorship, but NISA is still bringing it over so I'm really happy and thankful, I can't wait to play it in 2014.

Ar Tonelico
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Ar Tonelico » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:38 pm

To me the censorship is considered unforgivable. But I do plan on buying Mugen Souls Z anyways just like I did with the 1st game since I enjoyed the game and do feel thankful for having this game in the series to be localized as well.

TheForgottenHero
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby TheForgottenHero » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:33 am

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is how I feel about hearing about this game's localization because I loved the first game and I'm sure I'll this game just as much.

Thanks NISA.
Back in the Fight.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”