~Mugen Souls Z Official JSFPS Thread~

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: ~Mugen Souls Z Official JSFPS Thread~

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:41 pm

Claimable characters
Chou-Chou:
Masochist, Hyper, Bipolar and Ditz

Other party members:
Sandy, Shirogane, Alys, Elka, Marina, Welsh, Reu, Bertram, Kakeru, Onluka, Ace and Tioni

NPCS:
Vorgis, Sun Goddess, Moon God and Selfina

*Wants a new Masochist signature
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:19 pm

I just remembered, I never fought the Sun Goddess or any of the optional bosses in Mugen Souls. I have no idea what she looks like. Hopefully i'll actually make more progress in Mugen Souls Z.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:39 pm

I always thought it was Sandy's mom, don't know if that true or not. Just thought she was because of the name, don't count that as spoiler if it turns out to be true.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:19 pm

will57 wrote:I just remembered, I never fought the Sun Goddess or any of the optional bosses in Mugen Souls. I have no idea what she looks like. Hopefully i'll actually make more progress in Mugen Souls Z.

I hope you can make more progress in Mugen Souls Z too, it has a much tougher story mode and post game but it's a lot more fun and easier to power up.
darkrchaos wrote:I always thought it was Sandy's mom, don't know if that true or not. Just thought she was because of the name, don't count that as spoiler if it turns out to be true.

Sun World is actually a pun of "Sunday" 日曜界 while the Sun Goddess is actually a Sun Goddess 太陽神. Sun World and Sun Goddess have absolutely nothing to do with each other, look how different the spellings are in Japanese.

JP Lessons
Spoiler:
日 Nichi= A day in the week
太陽 Taiyou= Big giant burning ball of flame known as the sun.

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Sandys mum was a sadist, the sun goddess was,or at least doesn't seem like one.
She seemed pretty robotic too .... not that im implyng anything lol

That's right, Sandy's mother was
Spoiler:
very abusive to her husband and divorced him because he was getting too old and his reactions were not as fun as they used to be.

You remembered that Keiji Inafune designed the Sun Goddess and Moon God (MSZ) who resemble two of his iconic characteres, Rock n' Roll (aka Megaman and Roll in English)? The Sun Goddess is probably a cameo or Easter egg to add silliness and fun to game's story.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Houk
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Houk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:49 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Sun World is actually a pun of "Sunday" 日曜界 while the Sun Goddess is actually a Sun Goddess 太陽神. Sun World and Sun Goddess have absolutely nothing to do with each other, look how different the spellings are in Japanese.

JP Lessons
Spoiler:

Well...this isn't exactly true. 日 does (or rather, can) mean sun. After all, it's right there in Japan's name, 日本 = "sun origin". They're just used differently depending on the specific word/context. But yeah, there's no real connection there beyond that. (The idea of there being a sun god is super common in Japan, going as far back as being part of the country's origin mythology.)

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:38 pm

Houk wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:Sun World is actually a pun of "Sunday" 日曜界 while the Sun Goddess is actually a Sun Goddess 太陽神. Sun World and Sun Goddess have absolutely nothing to do with each other, look how different the spellings are in Japanese.

JP Lessons
Spoiler:

Well...this isn't exactly true. 日 does (or rather, can) mean sun. After all, it's right there in Japan's name, 日本 = "sun origin". They're just used differently depending on the specific word/context. But yeah, there's no real connection there beyond that. (The idea of there being a sun god is super common in Japan, going as far back as being part of the country's origin mythology.)

That's a good example to use, the name of your company in it's native language 日本一 :)

Houk just made an official statement that Sun World and Sun Goddess have no connection, that's good to know.

So far in the Mugen Souls series, we have the Sun Goddess and Moon God. If there were another Mugen Souls series, I would guess that they would be the Fire God/ Goddess since it's the 3rd day of the Japanese calendar and also the 3rd world Chou-Chou conquered.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Tue May 20, 2014 8:46 am

I'll be deleting all the sig banners from my photobucket account in a few days. I also will not be making anymore banners since the game has released.

I will however provide a download link with all the sig banners when I do take them off my PB account.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 8:57 am

Already saved mine, think you're good to trash the Syrma sigbar and the big Nao one I have.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue May 20, 2014 9:01 am

I've switched the host to something else, so I'm good. o wo b
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 10:34 am

Time to get back to the game, this game is going to be really hard to play without the Mugen Field and nearly impossible to platinum. The slumbering bosses are a great way to get Special type shampurus so now our Terse and Ditz moes are going to be the lowest charm lvl.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue May 20, 2014 1:43 pm

I can sometimes get to the tenth floor of the Mugen Field, which is good.

However, what's bad is that you have to reach Floor 60 for the True End. Considering I seem to be averaging a freeze every other time I enter, and extrapolating from that... I think you'll have to get REALLY lucky to get to floor 60, even with saving mid-way. ^^; This is such a bad bug, and so consistent, that they'll almost have to put out a patch.

I'd, uh, really prefer to see NISA not be known as "that company whose games are unplayable because they always freeze". That would be... bad.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SAFeinne » Tue May 20, 2014 2:28 pm

I posted this over in the feedback thread, but I figured people should benefit from my profligate spending. I've run four Mugen Fields to level 10 in a row without seeing a crash since I downloaded the digital version. I'll try more and deeper later.

I also haven't seen a Slumbering Boss in the digital version, so it might be that they disabled them for the digital but not for the disc.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 2:51 pm

That will be pretty interesting, think maybe you were lucky to not see one.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SAFeinne » Tue May 20, 2014 3:10 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:That will be pretty interesting, think maybe you were lucky to not see one.

I have since seen a crash so clearly they're still in and still bugged sadly. I have had much better luck so far, but that's probably not anything but luck.

will57
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby will57 » Tue May 20, 2014 4:11 pm

Best case scenario for this bug (which I have yet to actually experience), it could just be something like with Disgaea D2, where there's only about a handful of people that actually experience it. Still not the absolute best situation (which would be not experiencing any bugs in the first place), but it'd be a lot better than the current issue with Witch and The Hundred Knights, which at the moment is pretty inconvenient to the point where some people just can't play the game.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”