Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!

Which Did you Platinum?

US/EU
30%
JP
15%
KOR
No votes
Double Plat
5%
Triple plat
5%
Working on it
20%
On hold (temporary or in the back log)
20%
On Hold (permanently)
No votes
why is this here dood?
5%

Total votes: 20

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z platinum thread

Postby chouchou's peon » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:05 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:Seriously? Now you're just putting words in my mouth when I never said any of the sort and you're being very rude to me.
So knock it off.

Sorry about that, I wasn't trying to be rude but you really did say this game was grindy. I know you like to tell people you have no interest in every game you get tired of which is fine. I don't think the game is grindy at all probably because I know how a lot about how the game works.

You're probably not used to grinding in a traditional sense where character levels determine the outcome of battles but more about exploiting the enemy's weakness and AI.

I will admit that this is a very challenging platinum but I bet a lot more people can get this platinum. The time to complete depends on how well you can take advantage of everything early.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Orliatzu
Majin
Majin

Postby Orliatzu » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:43 am

I'm personally looking forward to attempting this platinum as I am a bit frustrated with the last handful of trophies from Mugen Souls. I know I may not be the most efficient player in terms of optimal peon acquisition, but dang I was expecting to be a bit closer to my goals at over 250 hours in the first so far >.<

Mugen Souls 1's trophy list reminds me painfully of the horrors of the Star Ocean 4 one :lol:

Aikia
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Aikia » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:41 am

I platinumed at 150~ hours but this was because I cant read japanese, I had to memorize some characters and obviously spent alot of time researching and chatting with ChouChousPeon.

In reality its probably a 80-100~ hour game, most of it being cutscenes XD.

This game is not grindy AT ALL. It's an RPG nonetheless, but nothing like a few games I can mention.

About the level 9 trophy. MY charm level was 85% or higher, dont remmeber exactly. But I had 9999 shampuru's of all the common the types from the mugen fields and did a bunch of DLC bosses in the arena thing. I only did like 2 newgame plus speed runs for the renegades. I ended up just farming in the mugen field.

I forgot but I think at different bets you get different shampuru's, I don't quite remember exactly tho ><

It's the only trophy that was pretty hard because at some point I had no idea where to farm, it seemed like every shampuru that dropped anywhere, I had 9999 of them.

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:49 am

Orliatzu wrote:I'm personally looking forward to attempting this platinum as I am a bit frustrated with the last handful of trophies from Mugen Souls. I know I may not be the most efficient player in terms of optimal peon acquisition, but dang I was expecting to be a bit closer to my goals at over 250 hours in the first so far >.<

Mugen Souls 1's trophy list reminds me painfully of the horrors of the Star Ocean 4 one :lol:

I haven't even finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International (also its a prequel it doesn't really count as a 4th one though granted it is the 4th one made) yet because I can't win against the final boss and leveling is a pain.

Back on topic:
I might at some point get back into playing both Mugen Souls games but for now I have a LOT of other PS3/PSN games to play as I keep adding to my PS3 collection as my recent game I bought was Legasista which I am enjoying.

I might just hold off on attempting to platinum the Japanese Mugen Souls Z and just get the NA release and platinum it first but I wish NISA would release a digital version on May 20th.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.
Hummingbird Facebook Player.me YouTube Twitter

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:25 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Dang that's quite a few platinum already hopefully we'll see some more when the game arrives in may...well, a little bit after but you guys get it.

In which once i start i indend to devour this game wholesome :lol:

Looks like 4 JPs and 1 KR platinums earned on the NISA forums so it shows that this platinum achievable. I must admit that the platinum trophy is very hard and it requires taking advantage of every system Mugen Souls Z has to offer such as the Mugen Field, equipment, matter, conditional skills, buffs, class setup etc.

The system in Mugen Souls Z is much easier to take advantage of so you should have a lot fun more with getting a platinum Blackchaosdragon. You're going to love this item that allows skipping 10 floors in the Mugen Field and how easy it is to farm. With free DLC, you should be able to get a platinum in 50-60 hours.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:59 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Yeah i hope so, But most likey it'll take me around 80 odd hours since i like to take my time and all. theres still quite a bit in my backlog too. so im hoping i can clear all that out before this game arrives

No platinum rushing this time huh :p

Luckily, the trophies in Mugen Souls Z are all about challenging and not grinding but if they do have grinding trophies, the longest one should take around 3 hours depending on how well the set up is for that fight.

Biggest precaution that Mugen Souls Z is much harder than the original game for Story and Post game.

For example, the first post game boss in MS has 7 mil HP while the first post game boss in MSZ has 50 mil HP.

Also, the first Mugen Souls gives you TWO silver trophies for completing post game, Doppelganger Case closed and Sun Goddess Supernova. Mugen Souls Z only gives ONE bronze trophy for completing a post game that is way harder, Moon God Defeated.

The trophies in Mugen Souls Z are a lot better and fun to earn.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:06 pm

I don't know why but email notifications that I get when a reply is made in this thread are being sent to my spam folder as suspicious and this being the 2nd time.
PSN Friend Requests are very welcome just don't leave it blank or I will reject it.

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:53 pm

MegaManZXAvant wrote:I don't know why but email notifications that I get when a reply is made in this thread are being sent to my spam folder as suspicious and this being the 2nd time.

It happens to me with all of the Sony notifications on new shit. By any chance, do you open the emails or do you just delete them as they come? If you just delete them without opening them, the email client might see it as you deleting spam rather than just deleting messages because there's no real point to opening them. Of course, I don't really mind the Sony emails being classified as spam; it's usually shit I would figure out on my own or not care about anyway.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

MegaManZXAvant
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby MegaManZXAvant » Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:
MegaManZXAvant wrote:I don't know why but email notifications that I get when a reply is made in this thread are being sent to my spam folder as suspicious and this being the 2nd time.

It happens to me with all of the Sony notifications on new shit. By any chance, do you open the emails or do you just delete them as they come? If you just delete them without opening them, the email client might see it as you deleting spam rather than just deleting messages because there's no real point to opening them. Of course, I don't really mind the Sony emails being classified as spam; it's usually shit I would figure out on my own or not care about anyway.

Of course I open them when I know they are legit and not spam or suspicious as the email has the thread title in the subject and I noticed I didn't add this site to my contacts but the email shouldn't have been marked as spam or suspicious to begin with unless someone or a group of people are marking such emails as spam on purpose for whatever reason.
Its happened twice on darkrchaos's forum as well.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri May 02, 2014 10:28 am

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I look forward to the challenge, Because all you had to do in the original was peon the crystal....so im kinda hoping i can beat my foes this time, Of course if peoning them is still an option i'll go with that too if shampurus are needed.

It would be easier if i had a slightly better understanding of what Z trophy's and bosses entail. So im kinda at a slight disadvantage right now with this (well aside from the 10 (billion? or trillion) trophy being easier and shampuru gathering being easier. Everything else was raised huh.

Yup, turning them into peons is still the easiest way to beat them because of the Shampuru drops. Post game in Mugen Souls Z is supposed to be very hard but unlike the first game, you cannot steal the best equipment from them, they give the second best armor for item changing the last few boss battles.

If you can do 1000 hit combos easily, this game will be cakewalk to you. They've also fixed up the fever time mechanic so it's much easier to get 1000 hits. I can get max money in 1.5 hours going through 25 floors of the Mugen Field.

I found out that Lv9 Ultimate Soul (the ony farming trophy in this game)
Spoiler:
only depends on Shampuru quality and G-Castle stats so you can probably get this trophy between 200k-300k Shampurus by only farming the highest tiers.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:i assume money becomes pretty useless at that point huh? Or is there still a viable use for it?
So using blast off and hitting the blue spheres and getting the 999 hit trophy ect.
So which moves provide enough blast off power this time, is it the same as before?

The blast off meter actually fills up when you use an attack skill so you can fill it up to 999 with one or two skills. I have a pretty good setup for money making. I use 4 weak peons with level 1 magic skills that can float such as Clear/Fire/Blizzard/Rock. Two of my conditionals reduce wait time for using skills and one increases blast-off distance by 25%. Super duper easy to get 1000 hit fever times.

Spoiler:
High tier ones eh... sounds good! where's a good place to start getting them or better question when? .....though i shouldn't be asking that :lol:

No problem, here is how you get the only farming trophy for future reference:
Spoiler:
You can farm tier 15 Shampurus really early, they give 150 of each tier 15 if you have the 2x Shampuru tickets and Peon Change the large crystal. If you have a few tank characters with 40 million HP/ DEF/ MND, farming them will be a piece of cake. It's nothing like Overwhelming Alpaca Lips, you only have to fight 1 battle to get 150 Shampurus of all Tier 15s.

After that, you will have to farm Happies and Renegade Shampurus during post game since you will probably only be level 8 Ultimate Soul. Level 9 Ultimate Soul requires 500 million G-Castle HP and 50 million stats.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun May 04, 2014 12:14 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Yep, Noted and copied. I'll refain from asking anything further...despite how tempted i am lol.
Once again thanks for the Info CCP.

That's fine, the surprises in this game is what makes it fun. A few days ago, I was trying to see the minimum amount of Shampurus I can farm to get a level 9 Chou-Chou and here is the result:

Spoiler:
223,432 total Shampurus, 79% charm average andG-Castle HP is 502 million with 50 million stats.
http://i1316.photobucket.com/albums/t605/undisputedgod/Minimumlvl9Chou-Chou_zps15041aeb.png
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 05, 2014 5:33 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Impressive castle stats :)
btw
How strong were you're characters during the end game?

For base stats, I did no fusions so everyone was incredibly weak but I had Shirogane wear 4 Sun Goddess levels with Self-Defense so they had over 40 million of every stat which is good enough to survive anything but magic and instant death crystals.

It would probably be easier to do fusions to get higher stats but I wanted to see how little Shampurus you needed to get this trophy and it's a very easy golden trophy compared to the first one where it asks for getting 9999 Shampurus of every type.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:But damn i forgot about the insta death crystals do you still have to check each crystal individually to see if its insta death? or is there a *hoping for* a convenient menu that tells you whats on field.

Yup, there's a convenient menu that shows all of the effects. This game also shows the effects instantly whenever the characters or enemies land on a small crystal.

I really love it whenever there are small crystals that say "Guaranteed Drop".
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 07, 2014 2:46 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:so what kinda rare drop or drop would warrant that crystal
....Ugh Crap, Sorry CCP i tend to get like this even though i should be figuring everything out lol
...So yeah the Q&A is still ongoing, so long as it doesn't bother you :roll: if it does, just say and we'll end that here :)

Not sure what kind of drops those crystals would warrant but it's definitely a drop. I find this game very fun figuring out the mysteries and randomness factors. I'll definitely still be playing Mugen Souls Z all year in the English version of this game but if Trillion turns out to be as good, I'll give that game a try.

Keep the questions coming, I'm pretty sure you know a lot more about the game than me since you've gotten a platinum on the first game which takes a lot more patience. This is a platinum thread and we aren't talking about story related stuff. Earning the trophies in this game is like playing another game within itself in my opinion so this thread is a bit of a spoiler for people who have fun figuring out earning a plat in this game because it's super fun.

I've only discussed one trophy so far. I want plat achievers of the first game to know that you do not have to farm 9999 Shampurus of every type, it's all about quality.

Edit: Did you see the new trailers to Mugen Souls Z? Looks like I was correct that there were going to be G-Castle trailers and Captivate video but a trailer showing the character create system would've been neat also.

G-Castle- looks pretty neat lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5_8UCjKpA
Captivate
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4bMCP36bhc
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”