Mugen Souls Z Reviews Thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Mugen Souls Z Reviews Thread

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:20 pm

This is now the Mugen Souls Z reviews thread so if you find reviews you can post them here as well.

Not sure if you want to pre-order Mugen Souls Z? Moe Wars brings you all the Pros and Cons of the game so you can make the right choice.

Mugen Souls Z is a cute style JRPG that has a complex yet simple game style which is perfect for both laid-back and hardcore gamers. There’s many ways to power up your characters, allowing you to defeat the enemies your way. It has tons of customization that could only be matched by a Sims game. It's a must buy for any JRPG gamer.

NISA Game Info:
Our favorite Undisputed God of the Universe, Chou-Chou, returns with her crew for a brand-new story revolving around the zodiac. Taking place immediately after the first game, you take control of the goddess Syrma, who meets Chou-Chou before the end of the first game’s events. Syrma is out to stop an ancient threat to her world that has recently awakened. 9,999 levels of maniacal mishaps and ethereal adventures await Syrma, her crew, and hordes of shampurus as Mugen Souls™ Z hits Western shores in 2014!

Pros

- Save in the Mugen Field: The more you play in the Mugen Field the more your percent bonus goes up for EXP and money. Unlike the first game you can now save on floors 10, 30, 60 and 100. So if the game “screws you over” or you feel like taking a break you don’t have to lose your percent bonus.

- Peon Ball: The Peon Ball explosion rate doesn’t go up every floor of the Mugen Field like the first game; so you don’t have to worry about it exploding so easily. It goes go up if the peon ball doesn’t kill all the enemies or if one of your characters dies. You can only use it a few times, depending on your moe level. So it also doesn’t feel overly powerful.

- Moe Kill Results: You no longer have to guess how the moe kill will work. When you try to moe kill an enemy/crystal it will give you its predicted results. It’s not always accurate but it helps a lot. It will not show you the results before hand when trying to moe kill the land.

- Moe Change: You can change Shirma's moe as much as you want unlike the first game where you could only change it a few times. You still can only change your moe once per turn.

- Items instead of Money: In the first game one of ways you had to moe kill a piece of land was to give it money. It would give you a riddle and you would have to figure out what item it was talking about or else give it more then it wanted. In Z they don’t have this, and instead ask you for a particular item, when it does, it will tell you how many of that item you have.

- Import Avatars: You can now take pictures off of your computer/PS3 and use them as your avatar for your peons.

- Easier Platinum: The first game may of felt way to long with too much grinding, but this game cuts it down to make it a much more fun speed. It still takes a long time to platiumize but it will be more fun and enjoyable. Compared to the first game’s platinum it a walk in the park.

- Commas: Mugen Souls works with a lot of very high numbers but it didn’t have any commas. In the new game all numbers have commas making them much easier to read.

- Viewing Weapons: You can view any weapon in your inventory before equipping it to your character.

- Grinding: There’s lots of grinding but it really easy and fun compared to other games. The more you grind in Mugen Field without leaving the higher your percent bonus goes up which mean even more EXP, GOLD, and Mugen Points per fight.

- Endless Gameplay: You can put 100s of hours into this game and still have lots to do without getting bored. There are lots of bosses at different levels with great rewards that make each fight worth it.

- Tickets: You can earn tickets to unlock peon classes, EXP boosts, challenge areas, and so much more.

-Multiple Ways to Win: There’s lots of ways to boost your stats like armor, fusing, training, and adding matter to equipment. Also there’s lots of ways to win a battle like peoning crystals or monsters, peon ball, simply fighting, or smashing them against the wall.

- Customization: There is a LOT more customization then the first game, now you can change pieces of the main character’s cloths without removing all of them and change your peon’s boob size. It also includes double the amount of cloths, hairs, and voices.

- Cloths with No Requirements: There are a lot of cloths you can pick from that don’t require a certain class, but a lot of these are earned more at the end of the game.

- Run: You can now move around even faster. After getting so far in the game your main character will run around faster. You can choose to slow her down or speed her up in the options area.

- No Lag: The first Mugen Souls was known for its lag but this game doesn’t have any. It plays nice and smooth.

- Tutorial: Tutorials can be viewed anytime and you can skip the tutorial battles on NG+.

- Side Characters: You can now hold up to 28 side characters unlike the first game’s 16. It also doesn’t split the side character’s EXP gain, so better for the slots to be filled rather then empty.

- Shampuru: After you win a battle there is an icon next to all the shampuru that will tell you which kind of shampuru you got.

- Graphics: The graphics are greatly improved

- Chibi: Chou-Chou gets turn into a cute chibi fairy. What’s better then chibis?

Cons

- Random Abilities Disable: Just like the first game you can disable abilities like physical attack, items and switching characters, to give your Mugen Field percentage a boost. But the game can randomly disable them during your run in the Mugen Field which can make things a lot of harder and annoying.

- Peon Change: Unlike the first game where after fusing you could pick any higher rank peon class, now you may only pick the first row. To pick higher ranked peons to fuse into you must earn them for that peon. You can still easily make a high level peon on it own.

- Enemy’s Abilities: A lot of bosses have really annoying abilities that seems to prevent you from doing any damage to them. Lots of them give you no hints on how to defeat them. Like how one boss can only take damage if you attack it from behind.

- Crystals always against you: It seems like in the higher round the enemy’s side always has an invert damage crystal or super high defense crystal while your side always has something that takes away your HP or SP, or allows monster to instant kill you. You can knock them away from the crystal but large monster sometime seem always to be in it.

- Big Crystal in the Back: The large crystal is hard to peon but if you can, it will win you the match. In Z it is now in the back instead of the middle. This was done to make the game a little more challenging, but it can get annoying when you want to peon a lot of monsters quickly or when your fighting a large boss that you can’t seem to get around.

- Items for Items: Just like the first one you need to collect items and sell them to the store to buy other items. This is so you can’t just buy tons of the most powerful equipment. This can get annoying when you need some type of item but no idea where to find the items required to buy it.
Last edited by darkrchaos on Mon May 12, 2014 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z Review

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:28 pm

The easier platinum is one of the biggest pros about this game compared to the original. Getting DLCs for this game will drastically shorten the grinding time for this platinum. I could get multiple platinums for this game with ease and it depends mostly on your knowledge about playing the game.

Most of your cons are the same things that happened in the original game except for job changing. Those other things should actually be pros because those insta kill crystals or invert HP ones appear far less frequent than the original Mugen Souls.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:51 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:The easier platinum is one of the biggest pros about this game compared to the original. Getting DLCs for this game will drastically shorten the grinding time for this platinum. I could get multiple platinums for this game with ease and it depends mostly on your knowledge about playing the game.

Most of your cons are the same things that happened in the original game except for job changing. Those other things should actually be pros because those insta kill crystals or invert HP ones appear far less frequent than the original Mugen Souls.

I'm not sure how frequent it was in the first Mugen Souls but it still seems to happen a lot, but if your a good gamer you can use those to your advantage.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:59 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I'm not sure how frequent it was in the first Mugen Souls but it still seems to happen a lot, but if your a good gamer you can use those to your advantage.

It was probably at least 2x more frequent in the original Mugen Souls. I almost never get any important things sealed in Mugen Souls Z. Only once so far out of the 50 hours I've played on the KR version.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:13 pm

I always hate when they take my ability to moe kill or change moe. Worse is when they take away your physical attacks which is like 80% of the attacks in the game lol

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:21 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I always hate when they take my ability to moe kill or change moe. Worse is when they take away your physical attacks which is like 80% of the attacks in the game lol

In the original Mugen Souls, they take physical attacks away at least once during the Mugen Field runs.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:43 pm

I almost want to add instant death to the list :lol: I hate it so much when bad guy instant kill you and it like I can do it to any boss but a lot of the bosses have an attack that can do instant death. But pretty much all RPG have that kind of thing.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:33 pm

I thought maybe that was why there was no responds. I don't really mind if other use it to add reviews too.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:49 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I thought maybe that was why there was no responds. I don't really mind if other use it to add reviews too.

Yup, there are usually review threads about the English version of the game and we post them here from other websites. I actually like your review darkr, you didn't add a score a score at the bottom.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:19 pm

One small negative that I didn't add because of spoilers is...

Spoiler:
When you get Chou-Chou you can't change her moe outside of battle. Since weapon bonus are different based off moe it became annoying to get into a fight just to change her moe before a boss fight.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:22 pm

darkrchaos wrote:One small negative that I didn't add because of spoilers is...

Spoiler:
When you get Chou-Chou you can't change her moe outside of battle. Since weapon bonus are different based off moe it became annoying to get into a fight just to change her moe before a boss fight.

No worries darkr, I've found away :)
Spoiler:
When you try to change forms with Syrma outside of battle, do you see the "R1" button? If you push it, you can change her moe outside of battle.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

I got on my game just to test that, holy shit, I feel stupid for not seeing that in the corner of the screen. :lol:

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:32 pm

It took me awhile to notice that, too. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:44 pm

The peon winz!

I always switch to Hyper for Chou-Chou on the map and then switch to some other forms in battle to reach the Large Crystal faster ;)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:52 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:The peon winz!

I always switch to Hyper for Chou-Chou on the map and then switch to some other forms in battle to reach the Large Crystal faster ;)

Me too, I even gave them weapons that work with Hyper.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”