Mugen Souls Z Reviews Thread

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z Review

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:05 pm

I really like your review darkr. I would like to see somebody do a comparison between Mugen Souls Z and the original Mugen Souls.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:48 pm

Wow, the pros outdid the cons, but are you sure the game always run at 60FPS? That's kinda questionable considering the FPS with FFF and HDN RB1. .__.;
Spoiler:

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:56 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Wow, the pros outdid the cons, but are you sure the game always run at 60FPS? That's kinda questionable considering the FPS with FFF and HDN RB1. .__.;

60FPS, I seriously never understand what that is. I know it "frames per second" but I never notice any change in any games. The only place i ever noticed it is watching stuff online and I barley can tell unless I really concentrate. Where it say it always runs at 60FPS?

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:15 pm

Well you did say it runs smoothly, which is usually 60FPS so...
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Well you did say it runs smoothly, which is usually 60FPS so...

It runs smooth, meaning that there is no slowdown or lag. The framerate will readjust itself between 30-45 FPS to keep the game flow constant which is relieves a lot of stress, slowdown/ lag can wear down some impatient gamers which accounts for a large number of players.

One thing's for sure is that it definitely runs smoother compared to the original Mugen Souls, that game does get pretty slow on the field and there is a lag when you initiate your first Symbol Attack for some reason. In Mugen Souls Z, there is no delay with anything.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 pm

I see...Yeah this game is definitely on my list of games to get. Although, I doubt I'll pay full price.
Spoiler:

mdprime
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby mdprime » Mon May 12, 2014 7:38 am

Not sure if this thread is going to transform into an all reviews discussion, but here's another:

http://diehardgamefan.com/2014/05/12/re ... station-3/

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 12, 2014 10:25 am

mdprime wrote:Not sure if this thread is going to transform into an all reviews discussion, but here's another:

That is actually a very positive review coming from someone who didn't like the original game, this person can see the major improvements and likes the new ideas and features added to Mugen Souls Z. The negatives were things that were from the first game and all the positives were from Mugen Souls Z. They enjoyed having Syrma and Nao (MSZ) as the protagonists but not Chou-Chou and Ryuto (MS).

I actually don't know what they mean by the load times being a problem in Mugen Souls Z, compared to the original game, there's almost no load times at all.

This person mentioned a lot of improvements but missed other neat things since they're playing it like a normal person. Hardcore Mugen Souls Z players will be taking advantage of Fever Time animations being skippable, the Mugen Shop giving bonuses/ new features, a lot more peon customization parts, fusioning, items that allow skipping 10 floors at a time in the Mugen Field, Shampurus drops in higher numbers etc.

Definitely not a game for everybody, this game has very unique gameplay and it takes several full Mugen Field completions (100 runs) to enjoy it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon May 12, 2014 5:09 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:
mdprime wrote:Not sure if this thread is going to transform into an all reviews discussion, but here's another:

Seems to me like the reviewer whining quite a bit
Oh well to each their own as they say.

May as well change this to the mugen souls Z reviews thread, now if you dont mind darkr...

Good Idea, how do I do that? Add a "s" at the end of review?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: Mugen Souls Z Reviews Thread

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 13, 2014 1:44 am

That looks fine darkr. BTW, since this is now a review thread, don't forget to add all the links of the reviews to the original post so everyone can read it.

On the side note, I hope somebody that got a review copy is making a strategy guide for this game in English, not that many people use JP guides unless they're playing the JP version.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 am

Who needs an English copy? :lol: *Thinking about making a New Player Primer*
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue May 13, 2014 12:32 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:That looks fine darkr. BTW, since this is now a review thread, don't forget to add all the links of the reviews to the original post so everyone can read it.

On the side note, I hope somebody that got a review copy is making a strategy guide for this game in English, not that many people use JP guides unless they're playing the JP version.

Wait so I have to post all links also in the first thread. This idea going to be a lot of work isn't it... :lol:

I don't know if that going to fit all in one post...

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 13, 2014 6:45 pm

darkrchaos wrote:Wait so I have to post all links also in the first thread. This idea going to be a lot of work isn't it... :lol:

Take a look at how this Official Review thread looked like. All I have to say that it's really nice to hear that all these small reviewers liked Mugen Souls ;)

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10294
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Leon Tekashi
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Leon Tekashi » Tue May 13, 2014 6:47 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:Wait so I have to post all links also in the first thread. This idea going to be a lot of work isn't it... :lol:

Take a look at how this Official Review thread looked like. All I have to say that it's really nice to hear that all these small reviewers liked Mugen Souls ;)

http://nisamerica.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=10294

Despite some o the horrendous flaws it has? ._.;
Spoiler:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Leon Tekashi wrote:Despite some o the horrendous flaws it has? ._.;

Yup, it was still enjoyable for those reviewers and probably lived a strict diet of reviewing very obscure, niche Japanese games. They grade the game on the overall fun factor, I thought the game was very fun as well but Mugen Souls Z is definitely much better. The thoughts about Mugen Souls Z are very diverse but positive overall since they are from more niche game reviewers.

Anyways here are some more Reviews for Mugen Souls Z:

Mugen Souls Z Review by OtakuDante
http://otakugaminginferno.blogspot.com/2014/05/mugen-souls-z-ps3.html?spref=tw

Spoiler:
This person says that the selling point of the game are the characters but thinks there's too dialogue and doesn't show off enough of the battle system, which they liked and wanted to see more. I guess Mugen Souls Z is more of a visual novel type game compared to a standard RPG but this one is very cute and doesn't have much action. If you love games for the story and characters, then you are in hog heaven. People should do some research about the pros and cons before checking out this game since it's not for everyone.

Fanservice with a Smile, Mugen Souls Z review by Pixels or Death
http://pixelsordeath.com/the-short/ten-hours-mugen-souls-z
Spoiler:
They played 10 hours of Mugen Souls Z and find the game to be very charming. It was a really short review but the gave a brief history about fanservice in games and finds jokes in Mugen Souls Z good natured.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”