The MSZ True End Guide

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

The MSZ True End Guide

Postby Rednal » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:31 pm

This should be obvious, but this guide is full of spoilers. So, uh, read through it at your own risk. I'm basing this off of the Japanese wiki's translation, but I did manage to get to the True End in the JP version by following it, so you should be pretty good.

Spoiler:
1)
-You must see an event with CC Sadist on the 10th floor of the Mugen Field before you clear Episode 7.
-You must see an event with CC Bipolar on the 10th floor of the Mugen Field during Episode 7, after Dees joins as just a head. You must ALSO see the first event in Crimson World to see this.
-Other events can be seen in the Mugen Field after each episode's start by diving down to the 60th floor of the Mugen Field in each chapter. You should try to get there at least once an episode, ideally early, just to be on the safe side. Consider diving repeatedly to see every scene possible as soon as you can.
-Getting to the 60th floor is required to see all events. You don't need to get all the way to the 100th floor.
-Some of the events are restricted by your Charm Level. You will need a minimum of 15% to see all of the events.

2) How much you've charmed the worlds may or may not be relevant - get all the star points on the worlds as early as you can, just to be certain. You'll sometimes need weapon drops and the like, and those are a pain to find, so try to keep a few units of each item. I should be able to provide a list of exactly which items are needed once the English version is out.

3) After you've seen all the scenes (and, I think, started Episode 13), you should have an event in the G Castle where you'll have to fight the Sun Goddess. If you never see this fight, you did something wrong.

4) Fight through the remaining enemies. When you battle against Ace, you can see whether or not you fulfilled all requirements - he should be Level 125 if you're in the True Route, or 95 if you're not.

5) Head to the last world, beat the final boss, etc. Fairly straightforward. It's not actually that hard to get to the true end as long as you make sure to see all the right scenes.
Last edited by Rednal on Tue May 27, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Re: The MSZ True End Guide

Postby chouchou's peon » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:53 pm

Better than what I wrote on the JSFPS thread, lots of details and it even has a spoiler. I have something to add though.

Spoiler:
Don't forget that Scorpio and Aquarius are skippable if you pick "no". Most people would choose anyways since it's the first option but I chose no because they were pretty tough.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Wed May 21, 2014 11:37 pm

Spoiler:
Well looks like I'm already screwed anyway.... I definitely missed the one with Dees as just a head. So even if the Field is fixed I won't be seeing the True Ending. Bleh.

Is there like a New Game + or anything where I keep levels or weapons? If not I think I'll just get the DLC best of everything and annihilate my way through the game so I can get it next time.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 21, 2014 11:57 pm

I was working on a Guide of this for my site... Should of finished sooner... Could of posted it here too...

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Tue May 27, 2014 7:20 pm

NikkolasKing wrote:
Spoiler:
Well looks like I'm already screwed anyway.... I definitely missed the one with Dees as just a head. So even if the Field is fixed I won't be seeing the True Ending. Bleh.

Is there like a New Game + or anything where I keep levels or weapons? If not I think I'll just get the DLC best of everything and annihilate my way through the game so I can get it next time.

I don't know if anybody ever responded, but yes, there's a new NPC that appears after you reach the end of your current playthrough. It's a Shampuru with a star-like emblem in a bubble over his head, near the hotsprings. You carry over almost everything into NG+ (I think that the only things you really lose are the planet points you've captivated, and the Ultimate God Fusion skills). Weapons, cash, Mugen Points, levels, skills, jobs, etc, are all carried over.

As for the True Ending: Do the events appear on 60F one-by-one? I know that, in my second run through, I made it to Floor 60 via item usage, and I had seven separate events waiting for me. This playthrough, I just hit floor 30, and I only had an event with Masochist Chou-Chou there at the time. I've just started Chapter 7, went to dive in right after getting Dees' Head.

EDIT: I just hit Floor 60 on the Mugen Field in Chapter 7. There are /no events/ here for me to see at this point in time. Average Charm is 19%, lowest is 17%, for it's not a Charm issue. It might be the planet points, so I'm going to go back and 100% whatever planets I can, and reach floor 60 again, to see if that changes anything.

As for the Floor 10 events, I think you might actually have to dive and reach Floor 10 twice. I did it once, and I only had four events (including the Sadist Chou-Chou event). I dived again, and the remaining events (including the Bi-Polar Chou-Chou) were waiting for me.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 8:12 pm

Here's my simplified version of the True Ending guide. All you need is two trips to the Mugen Field.

Spoiler:
Trip 1:
Head to the 10th floor Rest Area on the Mugen Field on Chapter 7 and view all events with everyone's charm at least 5%. The Sadist event will disappear once you enter Chapter 8.

Trip 2:
At the beginning of Chapter 13, BEFORE taking a step in Ivory world, make sure you have at least 15% Charm on all Moe Affinities so you can view all the events on floors 30 and 60. After viewing everything in the Mugen Field, you should see another event on the G-Castle and fight a special boss.

Note: You can still say "no" to fighting the optional Ultimate Gods and view all the events in the Mugen Field but you will have to go back to absorb them for the True Ending. Gotta test this one day.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Wed May 28, 2014 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Here's my simplified version of the True Ending guide. All you need is two trips to the Mugen Field.

Spoiler:
Trip 1:
Meet Dees on Chapter 7 while she is a head only but do not clear the Chapter because she will get her body back and you will miss out on the event. Head to the 10th floor Rest Area on the Mugen Field and view all events with everyone's charm at least 5%. The final event should be with Bipolar and Dees. Now you can clear it.

Trip 2:
At the beginning of Chapter 13, BEFORE taking a step in Ivory world, make sure you have at least 15% Charm on all Moe Affinities so you can view all the events on floors 30 and 60. After viewing everything in the Mugen Field, you should see another event on the G-Castle and fight a special boss.

Note: You can still say "no" to fighting the optional Ultimate Gods and view all the events in the Mugen Field but you will have to go back to absorb them for the True Ending. Gotta test this one day.

Just something to add on: When I started Chapter 7 and received Dees' head, I went to Floor 10 and there was no event for Dees and BiPolar Chou-Chou. After going past the next event on whatever world it is (Crimson, I believe), I went back to Floor 10, and the event was there. Just thought that should be noted. :D

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 9:03 pm

solostaran wrote:Just something to add on: When I started Chapter 7 and received Dees' head, I went to Floor 10 and there was no event for Dees and BiPolar Chou-Chou. After going past the next event on whatever world it is (Crimson, I believe), I went back to Floor 10, and the event was there. Just thought that should be noted. :D

Looks like the first part of Crimson World has to be absorbed.

Time to test this out, luckily it only takes me 10 minutes to find this out.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 9:24 pm

You're right.

The Bipolar and Dees event only shows up after conquering Crimson World but before absorbing Scorpio.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Tue May 27, 2014 9:29 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:You're right.

The Bipolar and Dees event only shows up after conquering Crimson World but before absorbing Scorpio.

I didn't even have to go that far :P I saw the event from landing on Crimson World, and the event just after it, and the scene appeared on Floor 10. Still, it's good to know when it appears, so nobody misses it :D

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 9:35 pm

Yeah, I always absorb the Crimson World first as a routine without realizing it before going to Mugen Field. Thanks for the info, now I want to see what would happen if we miss that event.

Edit: Looks like you don't have to see that Dees and Bipolar event after absorbing Crimson World for the True Ending. Now I want to test out something.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Tue May 27, 2014 9:51 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Yeah, I always absorb the Crimson World first as a routine without realizing it before going to Mugen Field. Thanks for the info, now I want to see what would happen if we miss that event.

Edit: Looks like you don't have to see that Dees and Bipolar event after absorbing Crimson World for the True Ending. Now I want to test out something.

Really? Man, there's a lot that we don't know about the true ending for this game :V Well, at least we're getting it all figured out! :D

Edit: Also, just to confirm: I do NOT select Ivory World before going to Floor 60, correct? So right after I get Sharuru, straight into the Mugen Field?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 10:04 pm

solostaran wrote:Really? Man, there's a lot that we don't know about the true ending for this game :V Well, at least we're getting it all figured out! :D

I might be the one who spreaded that rumor about seeing Dees and Bipolar event because it's always the last event I saw, never realized that it doesn't show up before absorbing Crimson World.

So it's a coincidence that Chapter 7 has a one time event that goes away. I'll go do some more True Ending research.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Tue May 27, 2014 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Tue May 27, 2014 10:07 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
solostaran wrote:Really? Man, there's a lot that we don't know about the true ending for this game :V Well, at least we're getting it all figured out! :D

I might be the one who spreaded that rumor about seeing Dees and Bipolar event because it's always the last event I saw, never realized that it doesn't show up before absorbing Crimson World.

So the Dees and Bipolar event is just a coincidence that it's also the same Chapter that has a one time event that goes away. I'll go do some more True Ending research.

Wait, which is the event that's a one-time thing? The only one I know of is the Dees and BiPolar event...

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 27, 2014 10:10 pm

solostaran wrote:Wait, which is the event that's a one-time thing? The only one I know of is the Dees and BiPolar event...

Yup, I was calling the Dees and Bipolar event the one time event. (bad grammar, time to edit my old post)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”