Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition Art Contest

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Revis_Dumas
Vassal
Vassal

Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition Art Contest

Postby Revis_Dumas » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:08 am

I decided to arbitrarily hold a contest with the prize being a free copy of Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition. Someone suggested I advertize my contest in this forum. Although I WILL NOT run the contest unless there are a minimum of 20 participants. I do not want to post all the rules, since I am not even sure if I am going to run this thing yet, but here are some of the rules for the contest. By the way, the sign up sheet to see IF I can get the minimum 20 participants is here: http://t.co/klPdbkTHro

1) No official artwork allowed, everything you turn in must be done using something you have drawn, either through computer or through paper and pencil/pen. ou are not allowed to use other people's artowork either. Your artwork does not need to look "good", it just needs to be "comprehensible". I will not judge based on how good or bad the art of an entry is unless it is so bad it is incomprehensible. (BTW, the contest is a "make a Mugen Souls 4Koma" contest) (You can use stick figures for all I care, the other judges, I am not sure.)

2) Sixteen panels minimum, and the doujinshi has to be be stylized in a standard 4koma fashion. If you do not know what 4koma is, it is a type of manga where there are four panels that you read from top to bottom. Each set of four is usually a self contained joke.

9) The winner will be selected two other judges (who are "Mugen Souls experts") and myself. The winner shall be selected by the release date of Mugen Souls Z (North American release date, May 20, 2014).

Not a Numbered rule) I ship internationally and there are no fees involved in the contest.

I apologize if I am going against the forum rules by posting this.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Mugen Souls Z Limited Edition Art Contest

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:33 pm

Sounds fun, know I just wish I was good at drawling.

Revis_Dumas
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Revis_Dumas » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm

darkrchaos wrote:Sounds fun, know I just wish I was good at drawling.

You don't need to be good. You can use stick figures for all I* care, as long as I can tell which character is which and what object is what.

*One other judge will not judge based on how good it looks either. However, I am not sure about the third judge.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:21 pm

I may give it a shot. Can never have too many copys of Mugen Souls Z

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:48 pm

darkrchaos wrote:I may give it a shot. Can never have too many copys of Mugen Souls Z

Did you comment on the video darkr? The youtube video needs 20 comments saying they'll participate in order for it to be held.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:04 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:I may give it a shot. Can never have too many copys of Mugen Souls Z

Did you comment on the video darkr? The youtube video needs 20 comments saying they'll participate in order for it to be held.

Well I expect I need to design something first, plus I'm really busy so I don't know if I'll have time.

ShadowJetX
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby ShadowJetX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:35 pm

darkrchaos wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:

Well I expect I need to design something first, plus I'm really busy so I don't know if I'll have time.

Nonsense. If you try a little you can make time for anything.

Revis_Dumas
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Revis_Dumas » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 pm

ShadowJetX wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:

Nonsense. If you try a little you can make time for anything.

Well seeing as how the deadline will be May 20 (Mugen Souls release date) If I can get 20 "confirmation of entry"s by April 20, there will be an ENTIRE MONTH'S time.

EDIT: What I mean is, all art entries must be submitted by May 20. So the sooner that I can get those 20 yeses, the sooner I can formally announce this contest so people can SUBMIT their entries.

ANOTHER EDIT: I really do not like making more posts, so I will just make it an edit. I will probably cancel the contest if there are not enough "confirms" by May 6.
Last edited by Revis_Dumas on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:37 pm

Well damn, there goes any change of me winning if people from here start competing.

Eh, oh well. I already have an ideal of what to go with. Might as well try.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:11 am

*Raises hand* I'm not competing! Art has to be original, after all, and I use screenshots from the game. XD Just enter for fun and don't worry too much about prizes.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:I suck at drawing i just don't have the Patience for it
Drawing proportions clothing ect best of luck to those entering :)

I'm actually pretty good at drawing but I don't have any patience. :lol:

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:15 pm

The video says that the contest does not judge anyone's ability to draw but the main purpose of it is to have fun. The contest is not really an art contest but it is used as a mean of expressing themselves. We're all Mugen Souls fans so all of us get along really well together and respect each other :)

Everybody is a winner for contributing but the physical prize was there because
Spoiler:
the person has an extra Mugen Souls Z LE and would rather use it for something as cool as a contest instead of selling it on Ebay.

I also think having a physical prize can give an incentive for creative people who like to compete, an opportunity to win a free game. Unfortunately, the contest might not happen unless 20 different people have commented on the video stating that they want to participate.

Everyone is a winner because the true prize is that a contest even exist. I see the contest as a huge favor to the community by donating an LE for a very good cause. This contest would be a great stepping stone for them to boost their (our) creative confidence ;)
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Revis_Dumas
Vassal
Vassal

Postby Revis_Dumas » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:19 am

chouchou's peon wrote:The video says that the contest does not judge anyone's ability to draw but the main purpose of it is to have fun. The contest is not really an art contest but it is used as a mean of expressing themselves. We're all Mugen Souls fans so all of us get along really well together and respect each other :)

Everybody is a winner for contributing but the physical prize was there because the person has an extra Mugen Souls Z LE and would rather use it for something as cool as a contest instead of selling it on Ebay

Spoiler:
(Tsundere levels at 125%)
It's not like I'm doing this because I'm n-nice or anything! I j-just want you all to entertain me! That's all!

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Revis_Dumas wrote:
Spoiler:
It's not like I'm doing this because I'm n-nice or anything! I j-just want you all to entertain me! That's all!

Spoiler:
The language of bipolar people is quite easy to understand. :lol:

The forum didn't bring any new participants yet. How many Mugen Souls fans out here want to see an art related contest for it that's not being judged on art?

*Raises hand
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:28 am

chouchou's peon wrote:
Revis_Dumas wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
The language of bipolar people is quite easy to understand. :lol:

The forum didn't bring any new participants yet. How many Mugen Souls fans out here want to see an art related contest for it that's not being judged on art?

*Raises hand

I hope it becomes a thing. I already have an idea on what to do but I'm holding it off since the contest might not happen. That, and the rules aren't quite set yet to my understanding.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”