Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
kagenesti
Vassal
Vassal

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby kagenesti » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:15 am

i'm sorry but could you explain how putting the patch into the rotation at different times would be more costly? They are 2 different regions so they are essentially two different patches to start with. that means it has to be put into rotation separately anyway since their update is wednesday i'm pretty sure compared to our tuesday.

SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SAFeinne » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:59 am

kagenesti wrote:i'm sorry but could you explain how putting the patch into the rotation at different times would be more costly? They are 2 different regions so they are essentially two different patches to start with. that means it has to be put into rotation separately anyway since their update is wednesday i'm pretty sure compared to our tuesday.

There is no reason it 'should' be more expensive, but since Sony definitely does charge them money to put a patch up it might in practice actually be more expensive to submit a patch for one region and then submit the same patch for a different region separately.

kagenesti
Vassal
Vassal

Postby kagenesti » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:53 pm

SAFeinne wrote:
kagenesti wrote:i'm sorry but could you explain how putting the patch into the rotation at different times would be more costly? They are 2 different regions so they are essentially two different patches to start with. that means it has to be put into rotation separately anyway since their update is wednesday i'm pretty sure compared to our tuesday.

There is no reason it 'should' be more expensive, but since Sony definitely does charge them money to put a patch up it might in practice actually be more expensive to submit a patch for one region and then submit the same patch for a different region separately.

Even if sony does charge them a fee it comes down to the cost of business to me. Unfortunately this company release a defective product for all intent and purposes. There is always a cost in fixing something from sending it back to CH to yes having it release by Sony.

I have no idea on the numbers but if they don't want this to happen again then they should consider the cost benefit of changing their testing process. i think it would cost them less in the long run to do a more intensive test of their games than all this cost to fix plus the negative image it creates of their company.

If they are still concerned about costs then as someone suggest previosly have a group of testers come in for like 2 weeks to do a final check. im sure they would have NO trouble getting people and most would only ask for a copy of the game itself. This should give them enough manpower to bulldoze thier way through the game checking everything with half on dev models and half on consumer ones.

That way if they are all in the same room the testers with dev model can hopefully recreate any bug the moment someone experiences it on the consumer model. Even if they can't recreate at that exact moment it would still let the developer know that there is a serious problem that needs to be looked at and fixed before release.

namirobin
Vassal
Vassal

Postby namirobin » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:24 pm

kagenesti wrote:
SAFeinne wrote:

Even if sony does charge them a fee it comes down to the cost of business to me. Unfortunately this company release a defective product for all intent and purposes. There is always a cost in fixing something from sending it back to CH to yes having it release by Sony.

I have no idea on the numbers but if they don't want this to happen again then they should consider the cost benefit of changing their testing process. i think it would cost them less in the long run to do a more intensive test of their games than all this cost to fix plus the negative image it creates of their company.

If they are still concerned about costs then as someone suggest previosly have a group of testers come in for like 2 weeks to do a final check. im sure they would have NO trouble getting people and most would only ask for a copy of the game itself. This should give them enough manpower to bulldoze thier way through the game checking everything with half on dev models and half on consumer ones.

That way if they are all in the same room the testers with dev model can hopefully recreate any bug the moment someone experiences it on the consumer model. Even if they can't recreate at that exact moment it would still let the developer know that there is a serious problem that needs to be looked at and fixed before release.

defective and censored
ImageImage

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:26 pm

namirobin wrote:defective and censored

Censored for a very good reason. After the outcry from something as stupid as the non-existent "Groping" minigame in Dragon's Crown, I don't even want to imagine how news outlets would take the Hot Spring minigame.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:33 pm

solostaran wrote:

Censored for a very good reason. After the outcry from something as stupid as the non-existent "Groping" minigame in Dragon's Crown, I don't even want to imagine how news outlets would take the Hot Spring minigame.

There was an outcry for that? Wow, goes to show how far some people are willing to go to ruin things for others, even if they are completely uninformed of the actual content.

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:40 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:
solostaran wrote:

There was an outcry for that? Wow, goes to show how far some people are willing to go to ruin things for others, even if they are completely uninformed of the actual content.

It wasn't as bad of an outcry as it could have been, but there was still a fuss about it. Now, imagine how fast the politicians would jump on the Hotspring Minigame, givenhow the characters look in Mugen Souls/Mugen Souls Z. Terrifying things.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:26 am

Anybody ever seen a Slumbering "Beast" before? Looks like their name kind of changed in this game if you remembered them from the first Mugen Souls.

Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkraiders
Vassal
Vassal

Postby darkraiders » Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 am

Almost august and still no patch...

Thanks for your awesome support...
From now on i will also be awesome at supporting you guys and will only buy games once they are sold for a low price or i will buy used.

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:39 am

darkraiders wrote:Almost august and still no patch...

Thanks for your awesome support...
From now on i will also be awesome at supporting you guys and will only buy games once they are sold for a low price or i will buy used.

You might want to go and read through the entire thread, before making assumptions. :D.

Remember: NISA don't create the patches. Houk has kept us as updated as possible as to the progress of the patch, mainly the fact that there was an issue in the North American version that caused Sony to refuse it, thus requiring it to be sent back to Compile Heart in Japan, re-worked, sent back here, tested again, and sent back to Sony for their QA review again.

It's always sad to see people get upset and blame people who have almost no real control over a situation. If there's anybody to really blame here, it's Compile Heart, given how long it took them to modify the patch and send it back to NISA.

darkraiders
Vassal
Vassal

Postby darkraiders » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:32 am

I have read most if not all of them.

The times when he said that the patch was done and that they sent it to Sony for certification and that the Europe patch was done and they were waiting for the US patch to be done before releasing the patch and that they have resubmitted the patch to Sony.

Still just coming here every few weeks just to say we will have to wait even longer for the patch isn't support imo...

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:40 am

darkraiders wrote:I have read most if not all of them.

The times when he said that the patch was done and that they sent it to Sony for certification and that the Europe patch was done and they were waiting for the US patch to be done before releasing the patch and that they have resubmitted the patch to Sony.

Still just coming here every few weeks just to say we will have to wait even longer for the patch isn't support imo...

There's not much else they can do, considering that:
A: NISA does not make the patch. They localize (IE: Translate) it.
B: The patch has to go through two rounds of QA testing: NISA, and Sony.
C: If the patch fails either round of testing (Such as what happened here), it has to go /back/ to Japan to be fixed so it passes the QA testing.
D: Sony loves to take their time to do things.

There's not much else they can do, really. The issue is in the game. They can't just say "Hey, do this and it'll get past the issue!" because a solution that simple doesn't exist. If it did, I'd be ready to bet you money that someone with the game would have found it within 24 hours. That's just how fast people can do things nowadays when they aren't encumbered by bureaucratic and corporate issues.

What kind of support would you expect them to provide? It's not like they can snap their fingers and fix things instantly, after all :P

mithos
Peon
Peon

Postby mithos » Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:30 am

My main problem with this issue is not so much that there is a major crah, or that we have to wait so much for a patch, or even that the patch is ready for EU without release.

Sure, like most of you guys, I'd love to be able to play my game to completion, but there is one issue that's way worse during all this.

They are pushing out paid DLC for a game that is yet to be fully playable.

To me, if you are telling us to wait for a patch for months, you should not be making money from DLC during that wait.

Might just be me, but this is what pains me the most during that whole issue.

SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SAFeinne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:37 am

mithos wrote:My main problem with this issue is not so much that there is a major crah, or that we have to wait so much for a patch, or even that the patch is ready for EU without release.

Sure, like most of you guys, I'd love to be able to play my game to completion, but there is one issue that's way worse during all this.

They are pushing out paid DLC for a game that is yet to be fully playable.

To me, if you are telling us to wait for a patch for months, you should not be making money from DLC during that wait.

Might just be me, but this is what pains me the most during that whole issue.

The DLC schedule was probably set up ahead of the game's release and would, just like the patch, cost them money to change.

It would probably even cost them money to change a DLC from paid to free, and not just the money they'd lose from it being free.

WKLert
Vassal
Vassal

Postby WKLert » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:38 am

I don't like the DLC issue either, but Houk did post at one point that the prices were decided before the game came out. It just worked out like this - though I wouldn't mind if some DLC was made free after the patch was released or something. I just hope the patch beats Xillia 2 to release, I really want to get into an RPG before the next big one comes out... though I hear there's a good one on Steam this week too.

(FAKE EDIT) Aw dang, Feinne beat me to it. Well... I'm still gonna post it anyways.
Last edited by WKLert on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”