Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
.Kite
New Vassal
New Vassal

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby .Kite » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:51 am

Well the fun thing is:
Not even the DLC is working correctly. Yesterday I bought the "Overwhelming Ticket Set 3 (99x Gold Ticket)" DLC from the german PS Store and even got the receipt from Sony confirming my purchase of "Overwhelming Ticket Set 3". However when I started up the game, I was told that the DLC "Overwhelming Ticket Set 2 (99x Silver Ticket)" was going to be installed... Fun thing is: "Overwhelming Ticket Set 2" isn't even available on the PS Store over here, yet...

I already contacted NISA about this... let's see how it turns out :P

@DLC: Judging from how hard it is to get larger amounts of G Ups from the broken Mugen FIeld, they could at least offer one of the bigger "G Up" Packs for free to help people out...
Last edited by .Kite on Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kyro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyro » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:56 am

solostaran wrote:They localize (IE: Translate) it.

Localizing and translating should not be treated anywhere near to being synonymous. If all NISA was doing was translating then "Beruriouzu(ベルリオーズ)/Berlioz''* would of not been changed to ''Belleria'' which changes the whole latter sound. Why was it changed? Because for the market base they're trying to selling it to, that's ''Localization'' to cater to who they are selling it to. In this case it's probably the pronunciation.

Though to be more precise in the name of ''localization'' they can (not have to but can, they explicitly state they will if they feel the like it with the use of the word "localization")do those changes and is why I hate the word "localization''(aka in cases like this it just includes translating alongside the main meaning). Though that's probably a personal reason of I just want to play a Japanese game that has just been translated and nothing changed at all... Aka no changes that have been made to better cater to a non Japanese market/player base. I mean quite a bit of people who like Japanese games is because they are Japanese games right?
Spoiler:
I should probably just try learning Japanese... But I'm just not willing to dedicate that amount of time, that I could spend doing something else. Would be glad in the long run... but that's the long run, I'm mostly more of a now person unfortunately lol.

Oh and sure the Japanese voices say the name correctly... but when I'm reading the text while they are talking, I keep have to ignoring "Belleria" and not read/correct that... Though don't get me wrong I can live with that but it still bothers me lol.

Off topic-ness... but meh nothing new in this thread, which is about a patch that is taking a while to get out so go figure people would eventually turn it into: ''the random chat here and there thread, the thread that is supposed to be about a patch but it's taking long so lets chat about off topic stuff in it now and then while we wait, why not''.

Spoiler:
Beruriouzu(ベルリオーズ)/Berlioz, latter one according to various online translators. Though closer to pronunciation in English language(can put it like that?) according to a Mugen Souls wikia is about ''Bellerius''.

Bel-leri-ose, Bel like 'bell' well the two 'l's don't sound that separate in it though(so not literally/really bel-leri), le in leri like 'lee', ri like ri in ''ring'' and ose like ose in 'rose'. actually sounds like saying rose. Well from what can remember I'm sure it was pronounced something like that... Though combining them all together and not having much pause or emphasis on the separate sounds.

I've kinda just put getting back to last chapter again on Mugen Souls to get true end on hold for quite a while(currently ch.5), haven't been on since... and probably wont bother to think about going back to it till at least when Mugen Souls Z is fixed. So yeah that's why I'm not 100% sure on that pronunciation. >.>

kagenesti
Vassal
Vassal

Postby kagenesti » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:10 am

solostaran wrote:
darkraiders wrote:I have read most if not all of them.

The times when he said that the patch was done and that they sent it to Sony for certification and that the Europe patch was done and they were waiting for the US patch to be done before releasing the patch and that they have resubmitted the patch to Sony.

Still just coming here every few weeks just to say we will have to wait even longer for the patch isn't support imo...

There's not much else they can do, considering that:
A: NISA does not make the patch. They localize (IE: Translate) it.
B: The patch has to go through two rounds of QA testing: NISA, and Sony.
C: If the patch fails either round of testing (Such as what happened here), it has to go /back/ to Japan to be fixed so it passes the QA testing.
D: Sony loves to take their time to do things.

There's not much else they can do, really. The issue is in the game. They can't just say "Hey, do this and it'll get past the issue!" because a solution that simple doesn't exist. If it did, I'd be ready to bet you money that someone with the game would have found it within 24 hours. That's just how fast people can do things nowadays when they aren't encumbered by bureaucratic and corporate issues.

What kind of support would you expect them to provide? It's not like they can snap their fingers and fix things instantly, after all :P

While this may be true there are also a few very important facts.
A: NISA screwed up their localization creating the problem in the first place or if the fact was sleep does not work in the jp version which isn't their fault they still made it worse with freezing.
B: We don't know if the issue for the US patch denial was from CH or another mistake from NISA. They would never say because if we have no proof on the true culprit we can't blame someone.
C: Sony has no real stake or reason to hurry up on releasing the patch i agree but NISA has to try and cajole and plead with Sony to hurry as much as they can to fix their mistake. They need to repair their reputation after both TWATHK and MSZ came out with severe bugs.

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:28 am

Kyro wrote:
solostaran wrote:They localize (IE: Translate) it.

Localizing and translating should not be treated anywhere near to being synonymous. If all NISA was doing was translating then "Beruriouzu(ベルリオーズ)/Berlioz''* would of not been changed to ''Belleria'' which changes the whole latter sound. Why was it changed? Because for the market base they're trying to selling it to, that's ''Localization'' to cater to who they are selling it to. In this case it's probably the pronunciation.

Though to be more precise in the name of ''localization'' they can (not have to but can, they explicitly state they will if they feel the like it with the use of the word "localization")do those changes and is why I hate the word "localization''(aka in cases like this it just includes translating alongside the main meaning). Though that's probably a personal reason of I just want to play a Japanese game that has just been translated and nothing changed at all... Aka no changes that have been made to better cater to a non Japanese market/player base. I mean quite a bit of people who like Japanese games is because they are Japanese games right?
Spoiler:
I should probably just try learning Japanese... But I'm just not willing to dedicate that amount of time, that I could spend doing something else. Would be glad in the long run... but that's the long run, I'm mostly more of a now person unfortunately lol.

Oh and sure the Japanese voices say the name correctly... but when I'm reading the text while they are talking, I keep have to ignoring "Belleria" and not read/correct that... Though don't get me wrong I can live with that but it still bothers me lol.

Off topic-ness... but meh nothing new in this thread, which is about a patch that is taking a while to get out so go figure people would eventually turn it into: ''the random chat here and there thread, the thread that is supposed to be about a patch but it's taking long so lets chat about off topic stuff in it now and then while we wait, why not''.

Spoiler:
Beruriouzu(ベルリオーズ)/Berlioz, latter one according to various online translators. Though closer to pronunciation in English language(can put it like that?) according to a Mugen Souls wikia is about ''Bellerius''.

Bel-leri-ose, Bel like 'bell' well the two 'l's don't sound that separate in it though(so not literally/really bel-leri), le in leri like 'lee', ri like ri in ''ring'' and ose like ose in 'rose'. actually sounds like saying rose. Well from what can remember I'm sure it was pronounced something like that... Though combining them all together and not having much pause or emphasis on the separate sounds.

I've kinda just put getting back to last chapter again on Mugen Souls to get true end on hold for quite a while(currently ch.5), haven't been on since... and probably wont bother to think about going back to it till at least when Mugen Souls Z is fixed. So yeah that's why I'm not 100% sure on that pronunciation. >.>

If you want to complain about the localization, do it in the other Mugen Souls Z thread, this one is mainly for the freezing issue.

Kyro
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby Kyro » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:59 am

That was more of me just nitpicking at the "localize i.e translate", that then went out of control... I have no interest in actually complaining about it, sure I went on a random rant and it is a pain in the side but other than on a whim I have no interest in complaining about it. That and it would ultimately be a wasted effort. Since I am "complaining" that they are localizing and not just translating... That will go far.

I have a habit of random nitpicks/rants, that's all. So with that said don't pay too much attention to that post, what was on a random whim and it woke me from my lurking. Though I'll probably go back to lurking. >.>

(PS3 seems to cut off way early up the text/quotes when try to quote... but just imagine the quote is there lol(was on PC when typed all that though of course))

SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby SAFeinne » Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:25 pm

Yeah don't let's start on arguing about localization, this isn't the place and even if it was we've been getting way too serious about video games recently in this thread and it would turn super not constructive really quick.

Let's all just be cool and wait for the patch, which should be out pretty much any time at this point (I'm pretty sure Houk did suggest about when the patch had to go back to CH that the resubmission would likely be sorted out on Sony's end quicker than the first one, which makes sense since it's some specific issue they're concerned about instead of looking at everything).

Mao Kag
Majin
Majin

Postby Mao Kag » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:10 pm

well i stopped wanting to rip the guy who made the mistake and im going tought some other game i havent played yet like hdn1 and victory and wow im not bored at all since ive started on it

so ill say it like that take it easy dont kill yourself over small stuff yeah they censored the game made it full of bug and all but at less they made it come out in our country cant say the same for many other game just look at criminal girl who was a psp game how many year did it take for someone to actually pick it up for localization aka translation i wish they was more compagny like nisa who take risk in localising product they dont know if theyll sell

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Mao Kag wrote:well i stopped wanting to rip the guy who made the mistake and im going tought some other game i havent played yet like hdn1 and victory and wow im not bored at all since ive started on it

so ill say it like that take it easy dont kill yourself over small stuff yeah they censored the game made it full of bug and all but at less they made it come out in our country cant say the same for many other game just look at criminal girl who was a psp game how many year did it take for someone to actually pick it up for localization aka translation i wish they was more compagny like nisa who take risk in localising product they dont know if theyll sell

Full of bug?s As far as I know, this is freezing bug is the only one I've encountered in the game. Everything else works perfectly.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Well, there is that one scene with Reu in it that seemed to stop playing (but you can still continue by skipping)... but yeah, otherwise, it seems to be reasonably bug-free. :lol:
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:05 pm

Rednal wrote:Well, there is that one scene with Reu in it that seemed to stop playing (but you can still continue by skipping)... but yeah, otherwise, it seems to be reasonably bug-free. :lol:

There was a scene with Reu that stopped playing? o.o I'm certain I saw every scene from the beginning to the end, both normal and true endings. Which scene was it?

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:16 pm

I think it was on her world...? It may not be bugged every time, and it's not important enough to worry about.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:16 pm

I've played through the game twice and never encountered that bug.
PSN: YuriFan9999

namirobin
Vassal
Vassal

Postby namirobin » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 pm

Bugs in the game that have minimal effect on the game such as typos, lag etc.

Sleep status ailment does not exist
Sleep doesn't work on all versions of Mugen Souls Z.
After using Ditz affinity attacks, the blue sleep symbol will show up when it takes effect but it actually does nothing.
We have yet to see a Slumbering Boss to know if it's related to this.
Elka introduced as the Hero of Water World
This error is only on the English version of Mugen Souls Z.
He is actually the hero of Fire World.
Witchy's earring misreading
In the English version, the translators might've read it as オススメピアス (Osusume Piasu) and translated it as "Recommended Earrings" and accidently swapped two letters.
On the Japanese version of the item is called オスメスピアス (Osumesu Piasu) which means male and female (gender symbol) earrings.
mugen wikia.
ImageImage

NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:50 pm

The first one really matters (Mugen Field freeze) since it actually affects gameplay.

Concerning the Elka thing the characters still address him as being the Hero of Fire World regardless of this.

Concerning the Witchy one. Unless a person has a good grasp on Japanese (and access to the Japanese version; Neither of which I do), they probably won't notice this.
PSN: YuriFan9999

solostaran
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby solostaran » Mon Jul 28, 2014 8:24 pm

NeptuniaYuriFan wrote:The first one really matters (Mugen Field freeze) since it actually affects gameplay.

Concerning the Elka thing the characters still address him as being the Hero of Fire World regardless of this.

Concerning the Witchy one. Unless a person has a good grasp on Japanese (and access to the Japanese version; Neither of which I do), they probably won't notice this.

Indeed. I actually found it a little funny when Elka was introduced as the hero of Water World.

As for the earrings, the only time I could see that causing trouble would be if it's just the item name itself that was the issue, and other references to it used a separate translation. I could see that being an issue, especially if it was an item necessary for a world location. Having gotten most of them, other than the finl world, I don't believe it's an issue :P

Looking forward to grinding the Mugen Field for a few hours! Though, I've had some pretty crazy thirty-floor runs myself. At on point, I ended up with five Ship Battles in a row, from floors twenty-five to twenty-nine, or twenty-four to twenty-eight, which guaranteed I could keep the bonuses from them, since the floor after the last fight was the guaranteed boss before the second rest stop (I keep forgetting if the boss is floor twenty-nine, or floor thirty itself). Gave me almost 1500% total boost :D Saved, and went up to floor 40 before leaving.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”