Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Persistent Freezing Problem on Mugen Field

Postby Rednal » Mon May 19, 2014 6:56 pm

I've gone into the Mugen Field 3 times. It's frozen twice, before I've even reached the tenth floor.

This... really needs to be fixed. o wo; Getting deep into the Mugen Field is a True End requirement, and this freeze rate is BAD.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 19, 2014 7:03 pm

Sarcasm: I think it's the curse of the Compile Heart troll who announced a delay of the game until June 6th. They did mention a fatal bug that causes a crash and they jinxed it!

Anyone else have any assumptions on why the Mugen Field crashes so constantly?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Mon May 19, 2014 7:09 pm

Yeah I tried going for a 2000 bet run but, uh, can't quite mange that right now. Got annihilated after only a couple fights after Floor 10. My characters are mostly level 60ish (except for Syrma, who I accidentally Fused with a Peon and thus she was bumped down to level 1. She's working her way back up though, at level 45) and I just don't have enough SP to go around using strong moves all the time. Nor do I have enough G to start buying up good SP restorative items.
Oh well. I could probably just keep grinding until we are a high enough level to handle that but I don't want to. I'm already having no problem with the story bosses. I don't need to be more overpowered.

Maybe this is a disk issue and whenever MSZ comes out on PSN it won't have this problem.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 19, 2014 7:19 pm

NikkolasKing wrote:Yeah I tried going for a 2000 bet run but, uh, can't quite mange that right now. Got annihilated after only a couple fights after Floor 10. My characters are mostly level 60ish (except for Syrma, who I accidentally Fused with a Peon and thus she was bumped down to level 1. She's working her way back up though, at level 45) and I just don't have enough SP to go around using strong moves all the time. Nor do I have enough G to start buying up good SP restorative items.
Oh well. I could probably just keep grinding until we are a high enough level to handle that but I don't want to. I'm already having no problem with the story bosses. I don't need to be more overpowered.

Maybe this is a disk issue and whenever MSZ comes out on PSN it won't have this problem.

Sounds like a good time to continue with the story then, I'll go try out the digital version when it comes out later tonight and hopefully I can see a slumbering boss.

Also the PSN trailer for Mugen Souls Z is still corrupted and that's something NISA has no control over so something might be going on.
Last edited by chouchou's peon on Mon May 19, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon May 19, 2014 7:20 pm

This should probably be moved over to the "Feedback" section since this seems to not be an isolated incident.

But seriously now, NISA, guys, even I have to start admitting this is getting ridiculous. The last couple major releases have been suffering from these random near fatal bugs.

"Disgaea D2" has that fire-skills freezing bug that persists even after a patch.
"The Witch & The Hundred Knight" has that XMB booting bug that still has no identifiable cause with no sign of a fix coming anytime soon.
And now this...which is actually worse since it's directly interfering with the progression of the game (well, just the True Ending but still).

Hopefully the problem can be fixed relatively quickly.

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Mon May 19, 2014 7:30 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Sounds like a good time to continue with the story then, I'll go try out the digital version when it comes out later tonight and hopefully I can see a slumbering boss.

Sounds good. Thanks.

I have a question that's unrelated to this topic but related to the game. MSZ is like the third PS3 game I'v eever played and I've never gotten DLC for anything. Does it typically come out the same day as the game or over the course of a week or month or...?

I could really use the G pack at least.... I don't plan to get any of the Equipment packs as I want to make all that fairly but money for Clothing and stuff be great until I figure out how to do Combos and Fever Mode better.

Also does DLC carry over from game to game? Like, if I start a new game after getting the DLC and using it on my old one, do i still get the extra G or whatever? Or do you have to like re-buy it?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 19, 2014 7:37 pm

NikkolasKing wrote:I have a question that's unrelated to this topic but related to the game. MSZ is like the third PS3 game I'v eever played and I've never gotten DLC for anything. Does it typically come out the same day as the game or over the course of a week or month or...?

I could really use the G pack at least.... I don't plan to get all the best equipment as I want to make all that fairly but money for Clothing and stuff be great until I figure out how to do Combos and Fever Mode better.

I'm not sure myself but I think DLCs get released over time. If you're playing casually, the free DLC should be insanely powerful.

You already seem to know a lot about the game already, very impressed since this is your first Mugen Souls game. Learning how to do combos and Fever Mode is advanced stuff.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

alucard2727
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby alucard2727 » Mon May 19, 2014 7:40 pm

Yeah i think its the random floor boss that trigger the freeze havn't seen single one yet but had plenty of freezes and G-Castle battles.

NikkolasKing
Geo Master
Geo Master

Postby NikkolasKing » Mon May 19, 2014 7:44 pm

Eh, I'm trying my best here. I'm a Final Fantasy guy and MSZ's gameplay makes the newest FFs look like FF1 in terms of battle systems There is just so much you can do. I was lost for a long, long time. And then every new world had a new tutorial saying "and you can ALSO do this!" and I was both intimidated and intrigued.

I've logged about 30 hours into the game since Saturday. I'm really enjoying myself but I just think it be best if I returned to the main game and left the Mugen Field and trying to "master the system" until either the endgame or a post-game. (I would assume there is one)

EDIT:
Also I'm an idiot and thought the Rest Shop Bosses were the aforementioned Slumbering Bosses. So, in answer to your question earlier, I have not actually fought any of the latter. My bad. You're probably right then that this is the problem.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Mon May 19, 2014 7:54 pm

NikkolasKing wrote:Eh, I'm trying my best here. I'm a Final Fantasy guy and MSZ's gameplay makes the newest FFs look like FF1 in terms of battle systems There is just so much you can do. I was lost for a long, long time. And then every new world had a new tutorial saying "and you can ALSO do this!" and I was both intimidated and intrigued.

I've logged about 30 hours into the game since Saturday. I'm really enjoying myself but I just think it be best if I returned to the main game and left the Mugen Field and trying to "master the system" until either the endgame or a post-game. (I would assume there is one)

30 hours is quite a bit of time, no wonder why you know so much. We can probably chat more about the game on the Mugen Souls Z general chat.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

alucard2727
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby alucard2727 » Mon May 19, 2014 9:45 pm

Around 160 Mugen Field Floors done going from 1-10 and 10-30 all on Carnage route plenty of airship battles and normal fights, no encounters with slumbering bosses and tons of freezes.
At this point it pretty much has to be the slumbering boss fights that trigger the freeze.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby darkrchaos » Mon May 19, 2014 11:48 pm

Well I hope they fix it or I may skip getting any DLCs, I don't like dealing with freezing, especially not if it's in the Mugen Field.

alucard2727
New Vassal
New Vassal

Postby alucard2727 » Tue May 20, 2014 8:03 am

Well i got to floor 30 once and haven't been able to again in 6 tries so i give up on the game till they fix that. Slumbering bosses are common enough even on normal route that doing anything in mugen field is horrible atm ><

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue May 20, 2014 1:08 pm

How was this not seen in testing if it so common?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 1:19 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:i assume you're all using 720p on a HDTV?

HDTV for me.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”