Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Yup, I can go try that in about an hour and I'll let you know what happens.

"I don't wanna get trapped!"
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 4344
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:11 am

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby shadowmaksim » Tue May 20, 2014 1:34 pm

I wonder if something is occuring with the manufacturing process to be causing these bugs.

I recall that review copies of "D2" and "TW&THK" worked just fine and were bug free. When the games were actually released to the public, those copies were the ones with the bugs. I haven't heard anything about the bug from reviewers so this could be the same case.

It just seems strange that everything was fine until a certain point and then almost every game since on the PS3 started getting these bugs for one reason or another.

User avatar
NeptuniaYuriFan
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 3935
Joined: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:17 pm
Location: Lilybox

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby NeptuniaYuriFan » Tue May 20, 2014 1:46 pm

From what you people are saying it seems that NISA has released yet another buggy game. Why am I not surprised on this?! :|

BTW I run my game under 480i.

I haven't had any freezes (yet)... but I also haven't unlocked the Mugen Field either.
Image
Image
PSN: YuriFan9999

User avatar
SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby SAFeinne » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

So, after getting consistent crashes in the Mugen Field just trying to do quick ten floor runs on Normal I decided to do an experiment for everyone's sake and buy the digital version. So far since switching from the disk version I've been able to run four Mugen Fields to floor ten without seeing a crash or a slumbering boss. I don't feel like I've got enough data to say for absolute certain but I'm tentatively willing to say the digital version might have them disabled and therefore not suffer from the crash bug. I'll going to try running a longer one and see if I can still get through it without a crash later.

alucard2727
New Vassal
New Vassal
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 4:27 pm

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby alucard2727 » Tue May 20, 2014 2:27 pm

SAFeinne wrote:So, after getting consistent crashes in the Mugen Field just trying to do quick ten floor runs on Normal I decided to do an experiment for everyone's sake and buy the digital version. So far since switching from the disk version I've been able to run four Mugen Fields to floor ten without seeing a crash or a slumbering boss. I don't feel like I've got enough data to say for absolute certain but I'm tentatively willing to say the digital version might have them disabled and therefore not suffer from the crash bug. I'll going to try running a longer one and see if I can still get through it without a crash later.

Best way to check would be unlock carnage routes and go from like 1-30, 5 or 10 times if you don't run into a single freeze or slumbering boss then yeah there disabled in digital version.

User avatar
BDSMKane
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1157
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:17 am

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby BDSMKane » Tue May 20, 2014 2:29 pm

Any official response to this?
BDSMKane wrote:A defective product was released by NIS America on March 25, 2014.....and any support for that product is(by all appearances) non-existent. That's the core issue, and it reeks of poor business ethics.

User avatar
SAFeinne
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 20, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby SAFeinne » Tue May 20, 2014 2:34 pm

alucard2727 wrote:
SAFeinne wrote:So, after getting consistent crashes in the Mugen Field just trying to do quick ten floor runs on Normal I decided to do an experiment for everyone's sake and buy the digital version. So far since switching from the disk version I've been able to run four Mugen Fields to floor ten without seeing a crash or a slumbering boss. I don't feel like I've got enough data to say for absolute certain but I'm tentatively willing to say the digital version might have them disabled and therefore not suffer from the crash bug. I'll going to try running a longer one and see if I can still get through it without a crash later.

Best way to check would be unlock carnage routes and go from like 1-30, 5 or 10 times if you don't run into a single freeze or slumbering boss then yeah there disabled in digital version.


Yeah, once I've got more time I'll try to do something where I can be more confident of the result. Still, I'm cautiously optimistic given the crash rate I was getting before compared to no crashes yet.

EDIT: Sadly false alarm, it still crashes.

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 2:59 pm

No official responses about the bug yet.

Looks like they have crashes on the digital version, I'm downloading it now as we speak
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

User avatar
Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue May 20, 2014 4:17 pm

I'm hopeful they won't take a year to fix this like they did for the Hyperdimension Neptunia V DLCs.

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 4:29 pm

Hopefully we hear something really soon. I still wonder if anyone has ever encountered a slumbering boss.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

User avatar
Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count
Posts: 1246
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:16 pm

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby Teddie Sage » Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 pm

Knowing Rednal who's everywhere when a Compile Heart game is being talked about, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before the words reach their ears.

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby Rednal » Tue May 20, 2014 4:44 pm

I've already contacted them through their main contact form, alerting them to the issue and directing them to this thread. XD Hopefully the change in subforum won't invalidate that. I might also send an email to someone else whose contact info I have, just to be sure - we appear to have figured out exactly what causes the bug, which SHOULD mean an easier fix, and... well... this really needs to be patched as quickly as possible. ^^;
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 5:15 pm

Nice Rednal, I hope it's not that complicated and people still have problems with Witch 100. Disgaea D2 worked perfect for me.

They probably know that nobody has ever seen a slumbering boss. When it freezes, you can still hear the boss music silently alongside the fanfare.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image

User avatar
Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke
Posts: 16942
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:09 am
Location: Cuddling with Coco

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby Rednal » Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Technology and programming are often more complicated than they have any right to be. XD; However, I did get a response back, so that's good. ^^
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29
Image

User avatar
chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke
Posts: 3093
Joined: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:09 am
Location: G-Castle and 魔界

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby chouchou's peon » Tue May 20, 2014 9:56 pm

Blackchaosdragon wrote:Maybe lowering the resolution?

Lowered my resolution to 480 but using the HDMI cable. Still crashes on Slumbering Bosses so that might not have anything to do with it.

Rednal wrote:Technology and programming are often more complicated than they have any right to be. XD; However, I did get a response back, so that's good. ^^

Good to hear, the Mugen Field is more important than ever in Mugen Souls Z.
Spoiler:
You need to go there twice for the True Ending and the Final post game boss is even on the 100th floor of the Mugen Field.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Image
Image
Sig by Teddie Sage
Image


Return to “Mugen Souls Z”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests