Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby darkrchaos » Tue May 20, 2014 11:30 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Blackchaosdragon wrote:Maybe lowering the resolution?

Lowered my resolution to 480 but using the HDMI cable. Still crashes on Slumbering Bosses so that might not have anything to do with it.

Rednal wrote:Technology and programming are often more complicated than they have any right to be. XD; However, I did get a response back, so that's good. ^^

Good to hear, the Mugen Field is more important than ever in Mugen Souls Z.
Spoiler:
You need to go there twice for the True Ending and the Final post game boss is even on the 100th floor of the Mugen Field.

I think the mugen field is more important then just the true ending, I mean that the main place you grind. The game almost pointless other then the story without it.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 11:47 am

I tried Whimsical/ Carnage Route, MP Bets 100-25,000, removed Syrma, have only one character at time and having them in the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th slot, have JP voices, lock clothing and some other stuff but still no sightings of a slumbering boss that doesn't cause a game crash.

If anyone wants to see how the freeze looks, here is the video. You can hear both music playing at the same time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAahs-Lrxus
You can't even push the "PS" button and exit so you'll have to force shutdown your PS3 so this is not a fun glitch for Syrmas (lazy people).
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 11:56 am

Don't forget to send that to NIS America as proof.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Sure thing, Rednal might be the one to do it.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 12:05 pm

I really want the game, but I won't purchase it until this issue is solved.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Wed May 21, 2014 12:49 pm

If they're reading this thread, which they probably are, I don't think I need to send a special note about it. ^^ Still, every little bit of extra information helps!
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 1:52 pm

I deleted the install data and went to try out the Mugen Field and still got a crash after beating the first battle. There's nothing wrong with the install data but something the game disc itself.

Also ejecting the game and putting it back in only "resets the game" and takes you back to the XMB which is more convenient than hard resetting but still not the desired result.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Wed May 21, 2014 2:55 pm

Seems like quite a nasty bug. At least it seems pretty consistent and will hopefully be easy to find and fix, though. Going off of what I've read the cause does seem to be fairly obvious.

If only the bugs in DD2 and W&HK were so easy to pinpoint... though in a weird trade-off, although their bugs were a lot more random, they also didn't completely impede completing the game, whereas MSZ's bug does since it makes it impossible to get the True End.

Really hope NISA gets out of this bug rut they seem to be in sooner rather than later.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 3:12 pm

As if nothing else could hurt their sales already... Now they have this. Oh well. I know most people who are purchasing Z already played the first game and chances are people who disliked the first game won't come back for the sequel. I feel like MGZ's sales will be weaker than the first game.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 21, 2014 3:24 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:As if nothing else could hurt their sales already... Now they have this. Oh well. I know most people who are purchasing Z already played the first game and chances are people who disliked the first game won't come back for the sequel. I feel like MGZ's sales will be weaker than the first game.

They shouldn't be since MGZ is so much better then the first one but yea they probably will be.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 3:37 pm

Zdood wrote:Seems like quite a nasty bug. At least it seems pretty consistent and will hopefully be easy to find and fix, though. Going off of what I've read the cause does seem to be fairly obvious.

If only the bugs in DD2 and W&HK were so easy to pinpoint... though in a weird trade-off, although their bugs were a lot more random, they also didn't completely impede completing the game, whereas MSZ's bug does since it makes it impossible to get the True End.

Really hope NISA gets out of this bug rut they seem to be in sooner rather than later.

Yup, it's so consistent that it only takes a few minutes to trigger it.

I gave up on trying to find a way to work around it and I think I've gotten over 100 crashes already in the Mugen Field with no success.

Has NISA ever encountered a Slumbering Boss while testing?
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 21, 2014 3:48 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:
Zdood wrote:Seems like quite a nasty bug. At least it seems pretty consistent and will hopefully be easy to find and fix, though. Going off of what I've read the cause does seem to be fairly obvious.

Yup, it's so consistent that it only takes a few minutes to trigger it.

I gave up on trying to find a way to work around it and I think I've gotten over 100 crashes already in the Mugen Field with no success.

Has NISA ever encountered a Slumbering Boss while testing?

Wouldn't it be kind of be hard not to? Unless they didn't test it at all... When I played JP I would sometimes hit 6 slumbering bosses in 10 levels

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 3:50 pm

chouchou's peon wrote:Has NISA ever encountered a Slumbering Boss while testing?

Gonna sound like an ungrateful jerk for saying this, but I got a feeling they only tested the main scenario and didn't really pay attention to the Mugen Field. The need for beta testers is what could save them a lot from trouble like this.

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:
chouchou's peon wrote:Has NISA ever encountered a Slumbering Boss while testing?

Gonna sound like an ungrateful jerk for saying this, but I got a feeling they only tested the main scenario and didn't really pay attention to the Mugen Field. The need for beta testers is what could save them a lot from trouble like this.

They probably didn't test it since they didn't think they had to, all they had to do was add English to it don't know why it would have glitch that the JP didn't have. Must be some connection to the english code or something.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 4:06 pm

There was probably a code they accidentally deleted while censoring the mini-games and some artworks.

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”