Mugen Field Freezing (Patched and Resolved)

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: (Mugen Souls Z) Mugen Field Freezing

Postby darkrchaos » Wed May 21, 2014 4:23 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:There was probably a code they accidentally deleted while censoring the mini-games and some artworks.

Hmmm no, I don't think so. Maybe it has to do with the voices. Question, have you guys switched between English and Japanese? See if does it then.

The mini-game shouldn't effect anything. The CG images could mess up saving floors (10,30,60,100) since that were you unlock them but shouldn't effect the slumber bosses.

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 4:26 pm

Chou Chou's Peon played it with the Japanese voices, I think and still got the freezes.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:Chou Chou's Peon played in Japanese I think and still got the freezes.

Yup, the JP voices have nothing to do with it. I changed a lot of options and even removed Syrma off the party, still nothing.

I still gonna try out some other stuff because it's just funny how this is not a random crash so I can't depend on luck, Slumbering Bosses crash the game 100% of time.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed May 21, 2014 4:35 pm

Chou-Chou would be proud of you. :lol:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed May 21, 2014 5:18 pm

I've mentioned before, I think it has something to do with when they are manufacturing the copies for the actual release.

In both "DD2" and "TW&THK", the review copies of the games were completely bug free. Fast-forward to the public release versions, they suddenly have these bugs.

This seems to be the same situation. Seeing how easy and obvious this bug is, you'd think that reviews would have mentioned it. At least the ones I've checked before the game's release, there was no mention of it at all. And now that the game is actually released, we have bugs.

And I find it strange that it started happening strictly with "DD2" and continued afterwords with, unless I'm forgetting one, every PS3 release. It wasn't a problem beforehand, only after that. Something happened during that time.

Zdood
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby Zdood » Wed May 21, 2014 5:30 pm

Wasn't that around the time a lot of NIS-J employees migrated elsewhere or something? Though, that shouldn't have anything to do with the English releases, I don't think... :|

Also, Guided Fate Paradox was released after DD2 and was largely devoid of problems. The one bug it had was freezing before the bonus battle with Axel, which didn't always happen and had an easy enough workaround by simply using a Dive on F9 instead of the normal next-floor gate.
Kneel before me! :twisted:
Yeah, like that.

Neptunia fanfic: Hyperdimensional Adventures

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed May 21, 2014 5:50 pm

I forgot about "The Guided Fate Paradox". But that still seems to be an oddly specific bug though. I mean, work around or not, it's still there as part of the game causing crashes to occur, just like with the rest of the titles.

Either way, something has to have happened to be causing the last couple of PS3 titles to suddenly be suffering from bugs.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed May 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Sounds like a conspiracry, even the Mugen Souls Z trailer on PSN is corrupted but it works on their Youtube Channel.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

ArmyofDarkness
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby ArmyofDarkness » Wed May 21, 2014 7:05 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:I forgot about "The Guided Fate Paradox". But that still seems to be an oddly specific bug though. I mean, work around or not, it's still there as part of the game causing crashes to occur, just like with the rest of the titles.

Either way, something has to have happened to be causing the last couple of PS3 titles to suddenly be suffering from bugs.

I wonder if their QC team has been changed, or something in that regard...

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Crash/Freeze in Mugen Field

Postby Zantagor » Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 pm

It seems there is a crash/freeze bug in the Mugen Field.

According to a thread on Gamefaqs, it seems to be related to the Slumbering Bosses, whenever you'd be supposed to get one in a battle in the Mugen Field, the game will automatically freeze.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696376-m ... z/69266240

This is like the 3rd NISA game in a row with such an issue.
First it was Disgaea D2's fire skills freeze, then it was Witch and the Hundred random crash to XMB, and now this.

Can we hope to have this one patched in a timely manner? This is seriously making me second guess pre-order/buying NISA games in the future if this keeps happening.

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Re: Crash/Freeze in Mugen Field

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed May 21, 2014 7:15 pm

Unless I am mistaken, none of these issues are NISA's fault, its the coders(who I assume is the original company) fault. I may be wrong though.
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

Zantagor
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Zantagor » Wed May 21, 2014 7:27 pm

the bug does not exists in the original japanese version, NISA as publisher and localizing company has a responsibility considering they're the ones selling the game here.

Prinny Overlord
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby Prinny Overlord » Wed May 21, 2014 7:30 pm

This freezing issue can be a number of things. Like it could be a memory issue, when a slumbering boss is encountered, maybe a memory spike/leak occurs. Or maybe there could to load the resource is a bit messed up, causing it to look for something not there, or not look at all. I'm just using my basic programming knowledge to guess a possible cause.

Edit:Wow the post was messy. Keyboard pls.
Last edited by Prinny Overlord on Wed May 21, 2014 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Nomad and HDN MKII Crossover Fanfic Cursed Sword.
Neptunia Major Crossover Fanfic Dimension Cross Chapter 3.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Wed May 21, 2014 7:34 pm

There's also already a topic for this that was moved to the "Feedback" section.

here

Feel free to direct anymore comments or information that could prove helpful over there.

Retahasin
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Retahasin » Wed May 21, 2014 7:36 pm

Prinny Overlord wrote:Unless I am mistaken, none of these issues are NISA's fault, its the coders(who I assume is the original company) fault. I may be wrong though.

I believe NISA's QC is suppose to check for things like that and make sure they are gone before releasing the game.

So in the end it's NISA's fault.
Nothing here...

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”