Mugen Souls Z DLC

Mugen Mugen! Rock the Mugen! Mugen Souls Z!
ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Mugen Souls Z DLC

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:01 pm

So I'm sure most of us have seen the DLC list already. But surely that can't be all? I'm hoping they'll add in the paid DLC soon, and maybe some of the additional battles and ticket packs.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: Mugen Souls Z DLC

Postby Rednal » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Yeah, I'm sure there'll be more. :lol: I wouldn't worry about it.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

ChirunoHakurei
Netherworld Baron
Netherworld Baron

Postby ChirunoHakurei » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Rednal wrote:Yeah, I'm sure there'll be more. :lol: I wouldn't worry about it.

The JP version had some awesome DLC. Hope we can get in on that action.

Bal-Sagoth
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Bal-Sagoth » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:37 am

For this moment, I understand why the DLC's are free.

I wouldn't have spend some nice money on silly costumes with subpar stats. As for the last batch of six DLC's, it has done so less that I can't even fathom what they were supposed to be unless I check the PSN back.

I expect powerful weapons and a tremendous amount of Mugen Points and Gold, at least.

And if those were free, then it would be a decent apology for the outrageous delay caused by the bug.

At least by selling the pointless getups I was able to do some coin, I'd hope I could say the same from the second batch of DLC's, but no. They were useless.

And why do they "schedule" DLC releases? Why not releasing all of them at once? Most people don't bother buying the DLC's when the game is finished. They probably should try to make a bit of money while the interest of the general public for the game hasn't faded yet. And thus, releasing all DLC's at once would have made more sense than a handful of them every week.

What do they hope to achieve? Keeping us thrilled? Managing some suspense? We'll just have gone to another game by the time and they will have miss the opportunity to do some quick cash-in.

I seriously not understand the logic behind it all. If all the DLC's are ready, just release them and that's all. I just so hate it when they keep me waiting.

But maybe they're even more allergic to money than the developpers from Terraria... Hard to believe when there are 50€ packs of DLC characters for nearly each Disgaea game since the third installement... Which is the biggest scam I've ever seen (except for the alternate colours DLC of Street Fighter), since Disgaea BEFORE the DLC's were introduced was famous for his many, many characters to unlock... By playing, not by buying.

Which is also why the only time I bought a Disgaea character DLC was in Disgaea D2, because Desco was just a powerhouse...

Sorry if the rant tend to feel a bit caustic, I just am that kind of man devoid of all patience whatsoever, even for the little insignificant things.

Rednal
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Rednal » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:50 am

NIS and Compile Heart are completely different companies with completely different views on DLC pricing and scheduling. Mugen Souls Z should be like many of their games - a fair chunk of moderately powerful free things, including tickets, gold, etc., and an option to pay for the last 1-2 when they come out.
PSN: LordRednal / Twitter: @Rednal29 ] Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/rednal29

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:55 am

I like the way NISA is releasing all the DLC's as free, it's much better than paying for them in my opinion. Even if their future DLCs are paid for, I think it was a very smart choice that they released all the free for the first batch, the majority of the DLCs that were downloaded in the first Mugen Souls were the free ones.

All the good DLCs will come out when the bug gets fixed. Those who were waiting for the Mugen Field to get fixed get the option to use awesome DLC along with other cool extra battle DLCs.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Bal-Sagoth
Loyal Vassal
Loyal Vassal

Postby Bal-Sagoth » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:21 am

My ramblings are directed towards the developper, which I know is not NISA, yet, I think that since there was a flaw with one of their games eventhough the flaw seems to have originated from their editor, they should at least give the players a little compensation. Something worth the wait we have to go through.

And second, whatever the company, I still don't understand the logic in delaying those DLC's.

Just release them at once while the game still retain some popularity.

Would it be such an issue? With whom? Sony? Is that in order to not overload the clumsy and botched PSN?

Gosh, whenever I use it, I feel like I've been travelling 15 years in the past. Because I haven't experienced such slow browsing and crummy downloading since these ages past. And my internet connexion is quick, so this has nothing to do whith that.

In that respect at least the Xbox 360 did better. Not by far, but at least it does not feel so outdated.

Oh well, I guess today is ranting day. Nevermind me.

it's much better than paying for them in my opinion.

It's more like "who would pay for this anyway?" to me.

I can understand when I pay 2 or 3 euros for billions of gold, not for equipment that has no special value to it, except maybe monetary.

And I suppose most people are only willing to part with their precious money if the DLC offers them something that is really worth it. Unless you have the chance to spend vast amounts of money without having to give it a thought.

So, it's no big loss for them actually to release THOSE DLC free. If they were to release serious DLC's like the one for the very good weapons, for free, then I'd be the first to acknowledge that they really made us a favor, and I would then be enclined to spend more money in NIS games and the japanese developpers that are edited by NISA.

That's how it works. Scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

If they give me something, I feel like they've been doing me some kind of favor and next time I have an occasion to repay them, I'll do it. But when they're obviously just giving me some pointless knickknacks as an attempt of a gift, I kind of feel like they are taking me for a fool, which is a feeling that I really do not appreciate, for obvious reasons.

Oh, it may just be my personal view of things, maybe I even put too much thinking into it, but I tend to overnanalyze every commercial gesture and its meanings, since I feel compelled to keep a close look on those whom I might give money.

To see if they're worth it. If they deserve it. Yes, I'm very greedy. But that's only because I have very little money.

And if I feel like I've been mocked by a vulgar commercial gesture, I might avoid giving my money to the people I hold responsible for this in the future.

So, we'll see. But if all I got for free were those useless trinkets, I'll probably feel insulted and pass on the paid DLC's. It may sound stupid but I'm a bit touchy on the subject.

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:56 am

Well, I'm making huge use of the free DLC, I still use very weak weapons in the game, with only a few 100 stats, the free DLC helps me out a ton.

Anyways, the DLC for this game is meant for casual players and not necessary to beat the game or to give extra content except maybe new costumes and such. This is one of those games that doesn't need DLC unless you want to save time.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:49 am

Bal-Sagoth wrote:My ramblings are directed towards the developper, which I know is not NISA, yet, I think that since there was a flaw with one of their games eventhough the flaw seems to have originated from their editor, they should at least give the players a little compensation. Something worth the wait we have to go through.

I can agree with this line of thinking but only for people who like us have bought the game upon release and paid full price for the game, as such give us a DLC that is temporarly free so that the fans who purchased the game at release who could have just as easily waited for the game to become cheaper before they bought it dont get punished with an incomplete game and lighter wallet to boot where as people who will buy it after all this fuss will get a complete game for cheaper and not have to wait for anything at all, not to be harsh on the companies who made these wonderful games for us but we buy the game so we can play all of it not some of it dood.
They didn't make me a prinny for my explosive personality dood's -_-

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:40 pm

Since NISA never posts the images for the DLCs, I thought I would. You can see what the DLC looks like here. I'm only posting the ones you need to pay for since you'll download the free ones either way.

http://moewars.icyboards.net/showthread.php?tid=1321

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:52 pm

darkrchaos wrote:Since NISA never posts the images for the DLCs, I thought I would. You can see what the DLC looks like here. I'm only posting the ones you need to pay for since you'll download the free ones either way.

Oh cool dood, thanks for posting this, they look interesting but only two paid DLC? is that at the moment or is that all their going to do I wonder dood?

darkrchaos
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby darkrchaos » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:51 pm

Steilon wrote:
darkrchaos wrote:Since NISA never posts the images for the DLCs, I thought I would. You can see what the DLC looks like here. I'm only posting the ones you need to pay for since you'll download the free ones either way.

Oh cool dood, thanks for posting this, they look interesting but only two paid DLC? is that at the moment or is that all their going to do I wonder dood?

That's just for the moment. I'll update it each Tuesday.

Steilon
Netherworld Nobility
Netherworld Nobility

Postby Steilon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:00 am

Thank's very much darkrchaos dood :D

Teddie Sage
Netherworld Count
Netherworld Count

Postby Teddie Sage » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm

Question for those who are far in the game right now, are the paid DLC weapon packs already unlockable in-game or are they DLC exclusives?

chouchou's peon
Netherworld Archduke
Netherworld Archduke

Postby chouchou's peon » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:40 pm

Teddie Sage wrote:Question for those who are far in the game right now, are the paid DLC weapon packs already unlockable in-game or are they DLC exclusives?

They are DLC exclusive and can be dismantled for some pretty good matter. Edit: They can be re-bought at the Equipment Shop with some really simple recipe items.

The DLC packs in Mugen Souls Z are MUCH better, this time give double the amount of equipment compared to the first game and will even have the strongest weapons available in the future. These DLCs will give equips from the previous Mugen Souls in addition to new ones they made specifically for Mugen Souls Z.
Sigs by ShadowJetX
Sig by Teddie Sage

Return to “Mugen Souls Z”