HN: Producing Perfection General Thread btw NepNep best girl

Official Idol Producer Simulation Discussion Forum
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: HN: Producing Perfection General Thread btw NepNep best

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:06 pm

Never underestimate idols. They are a super serious business...apparently. I mean, just look at the real world.

Personally, I don't think there was any real potential to waste. The game was already mentioned to be a spin-off (a cash in one to less) and the whole idol thing was just to set up the story. If anything, the character's interactions was where all of the focus was placed and I found that aspect alone to shine fairly well.

I don't know, call me crazy but I found the game to be just fine. Lots of jokes, parodies, some touching moments (emotional and physical), and the typical flat out silliness. The kind of things I expected out of the series as a whole.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:26 pm

My not underestimating them is why I'm surprised they're just monsters. :lol:

Er... You mean, besides for the potential squad of idols that they didn't make...? It being a spin-off or a cash in or an egg that their golden goose laid completely by accident doesn't mean the potential wasn't there, it just means they didn't use it. Look at Noire's game - it's arguably both of those things but it still had a bunch of new characters. And considering the story is still about idols and whatnot, even if they had just tossed Arfoire in a two piece outfit, said she was their boss, and called it a day, that would have been something. :lol:

I... do not have it and I do not plan to ever have it, but I'll leave that at that.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:17 pm

Seventh wrote:I... do not have it and I do not plan to ever have it, but I'll leave that at that.

Aw, but you will be missing out on so much of so little.

Are you at least going to watch some scenes online then?

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:22 pm

Ah, that's what I meant before earlier with "I've seen enough to make my decision" (referring to my asking where to see scenes prior). I wasn't sure, I saw things, then I was sure. :(

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:14 pm

Seventh wrote:Ah, that's what I meant before earlier with "I've seen enough to make my decision" (referring to my asking where to see scenes prior). I wasn't sure, I saw things, then I was sure. :(

If you didn't find anything entertaining there, there's not much that can change your mind.

Oh well. I personally found a lot of the scenes entertaining. Obviously, you saw them differently. No use arguing about differences in opinions/tastes.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:20 pm

It's not so much I didn't find anything entertaining (I loved that picture you posted a bit back with Blanc and the credits), it's more that the things I didn't I really didn't. :lol:

Er, okay...? :?

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:29 pm

Apologies, I meant in a general, collective sense. Not that you literally didn't like anything there.

Oh, and I'm glad that post in particular suited your fancy. I like sharing things that others might find enjoyable.

Which reminds me...Need to find this again.

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm

And...here it is.

I know some people don't care, or even dislike, the dub for the games but hopefully at least one other person who comes across it would like it. I know I shared it with another user some time back and they seemed to like it.

Anyway, it's the audio clip from "PP" of Neptune's voice which was recorded into an Alarm clock. Loops once.

All credit goes to the person who ripped the audio and publicly posted it for others.

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Started playing through my Japanese version of the game to get the Platium for it. Got Noire to 100% so far.

Noticed some things between the games

1. The Japanese version has MUCH longer load times when coming back to the "job selection' menu, where you pick activity, lesson, day off events etc, compared to the English version.....not sure why this is.

The load times in the Japanese version isn't -that- bad, but it's enough to make me go "did my game just freeze?" sometimes.

2. The 'Skip' button functions differently between the versions, in the Japanese version it goes along pretty slow, you can still read some of what's going on, I can't due to not understanding the language lol, but the English version goes along so fast to the point where you can't read anything going on.

3. The font used is different between the games....this is only noticeable for certain things, numbers, '%' sign, and the word 'other". I'll show off what I mean here, first image is English, second image is Japanese.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I personally think the English version has the nicer looking font.

Just felt like sharing this :P.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:44 pm

I noticed that, too. The Day Indicator in the topleft corner looks different, too. In the JP version, the font is a thick multilayered blue while in the EN version, the font is that same thin white font used for everything else.
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:52 pm

Wdog-999 wrote:I noticed that, too. The Day Indicator in the topleft corner looks different, too. In the JP version, the font is a thick multilayered blue while in the EN version, the font is that same thin white font used for everything else.

I think that might have had something to do with space. I remember reading on a fan-translation project where the team mentioned having to using skinnier fonts to get all the text in the boxes. Other-wise, they'd have to actually get a programmer and create more space.

Which was the case for one of the "Fire Emblem" translation projects if I remember correctly. Caused a couple months worth of delays.

Also, Wdog, I just had to get a screenshot of this. Your PSN card could not have chosen a better area to focus on.

Spoiler:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:52 pm

shadowmaksim wrote:Also, Wdog, I just had to get a screenshot of this. Your PSN card could not have chosen a better area to focus on.

Spoiler:

I know. Those 100 plats are a beauty, aren't they? :P

But seriously, tits are life, y'know!
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:15 pm

also this font thing is that afaik japanese games and other things not only use a monospace font (like courier New or lucida console, that are often used in sourcecodes and such for a neat look), but a monospace "square" font, in other words you can fit every character in the exact same square, which has the point of a neater look...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Shizuka
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby Shizuka » Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 am

My limited edition finally arrived. It's a shame that I won't get to play it anytime soon though, since I just started Xenoblade and that's a massive game.

NoireRulz
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby NoireRulz » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:12 pm

The magical beams of light from the anime returns!

Spoiler:

This happened during the White Heart publicity event......it's actually happened both times I've seen the scene in the Japanese version......haven't came across it in the English version yet.
Youtube / Twitter / Album of my Noire & Black Heart Shrines[UPDATED]

"Stand in my way, and I'll make sure you fall" - Black Heart

"Noire is the dragon that flies below the sun"

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection”