HN: Producing Perfection General Thread btw NepNep best girl

Official Idol Producer Simulation Discussion Forum
shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Re: HN: Producing Perfection General Thread btw NepNep best

Postby shadowmaksim » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:25 pm

NoireRulz wrote:The magical beams of light from the anime returns!

Spoiler:

This happened during the White Heart publicity event......it's actually happened both times I've seen the scene in the Japanese version......haven't came across it in the English version yet.

I've got Blanc at 100%...and I don't recall ever seeing something that.

Well that's odd.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:22 am

Do yiu all remember when it was said that you actually had to work to the bad ending?
I have a friend who yesterday asked me what to do in day 180 and got the game on release. He just has not so nice English skills...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:20 pm

Man. People still talking about this game? I never thought a dating sim idol game could be so difficult to complete.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

My1xT
Netherworld Marquis
Netherworld Marquis

Postby My1xT » Tue Jul 29, 2014 11:39 pm

The normal ending is almost impossible NOT to complete, unless a) you work towards that or b) you have no English skill and/or you haven't read the tutorials and manual.
But the true ending is horribly hard...
I never intend to rant, insult anyone or anything like that. I just want to express my oppinion, and if I appeared so, sorry in advance.
Also if I am capsing, I either accidentially hit caps or I am too lazy for using bold bbcode (especially on phone)

Excelsia
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Excelsia » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:18 am

DragonKingKaiser wrote:Man. People still talking about this game? I never thought a dating sim idol game could be so difficult to complete.

Is there something wrong with that?

If people stopped discussing games just because they've completed them, then the entire forum would be dead. I don't see why this game's board should be different from any other.

Also, DKK... you really ought to do something about that signature of yours. It isn't exactly very community friendly to have a sig that's flipping everyone the bird.

DragonKingKaiser
Netherworld Duke
Netherworld Duke

Postby DragonKingKaiser » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:58 am

Excelsia wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:Man. People still talking about this game? I never thought a dating sim idol game could be so difficult to complete.

Is there something wrong with that?

If people stopped discussing games just because they've completed them, then the entire forum would be dead. I don't see why this game's board should be different from any other.

Also, DKK... you really ought to do something about that signature of yours. It isn't exactly very community friendly to have a sig that's flipping everyone the bird.

I figured it wouldn't kill to have the picture so long as it wasn't outright saying the F word. And considering that most people I see here that talk about how offensive curse words are, already hypocritically flaunt words that are curse words and everyone seems to be fine, I figured it wasn't a problem to use a sign instead. Not that I had the intention of cursing people out or anything. It's really just peoples imaginations that make them think he's trying to flip you or anyone else here off. The pic is just something I drew and made to be uploaded to Deviantart with the intention of having it as a signature for most Forums I go to.

So I doubt people are actively saying to themselves that a fictional character is flipping them off and not someone off screen. And so let's say I get a warning. Then I'll change it. But only then will I do so because I don't see it as an issue unless someone actively comes and tells me they think it's rude to them or something. But considering how many people use curse words to describe how badly their day has been going when posting to things like "Random Posts Of Doom" then I don't think anyone here currently is that childish just to spite me on something they don't actually feel offended by.

And I just figured you'd stop talking about going through the process and just discuss something else about the game. I figured it was out long enough for most people here to have finished it by now.
This is what Ben Carson will do to political correctness. I approve.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:45 pm

DragonKingKaiser wrote:And I just figured you'd stop talking about going through the process and just discuss something else about the game. I figured it was out long enough for most people here to have finished it by now.

I've had the game for something like a month now and started it tonight. I suppose I fall into the latter group. :lol:
35歳になって漸く2次元の素晴らしさを感じるようになりました
Spoiler:

Wdog-999
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Wdog-999 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:50 pm

TheDefenderOfEarth wrote:
DragonKingKaiser wrote:And I just figured you'd stop talking about going through the process and just discuss something else about the game. I figured it was out long enough for most people here to have finished it by now.

I've had the game for something like a month now and started it tonight. I suppose I fall into the latter group. :lol:

That describes most of my games minus the "starting it" part. :P
Thanks to TwilightStar for the sig! :D
Trophy card
Spoiler:

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:06 am

Wdog-999 wrote:That describes most of my games minus the "starting it" part. :P

I've already put it back down, which should tell you how much I'm interested in playing games right now.
Spoiler:

lopez
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss

Postby lopez » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:31 pm

Whelp, got a chance to play this and...I don't even... :?

Where's the gameplay? :shock: I feel like the game is playing itself most of the time :shock:

shadowmaksim
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby shadowmaksim » Sat Sep 13, 2014 6:59 pm

It's more like a VN/dating-sim than an actual idol-simulator. Besides some basic dialogue choices for the True Ending, the only thing you really do is raise stats and read events.

Really, this is the type of game where the interactions between the characters are the main focus...there isn't much else there.

TheDefenderOfEarth
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby TheDefenderOfEarth » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:36 pm

lopez wrote:Whelp, got a chance to play this and...I don't even... :?

Where's the gameplay? :shock: I feel like the game is playing itself most of the time :shock:

That's a management simulator for you. Most all visual novel games are like that.
Spoiler:

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:42 pm

I think it's been established that this isn't a great example of what most management sims are like because of the lack of... everything, though. A comparison to [email protected]'s gameplay and content makes that pretty clear. As a more standard VN, though, the dialogue and all that would be all you really need for content, so like a typical VN, it seems to be more reading and dialogue from what I've watched and read about it.

Though there are actually quite a few VNs with some more standard gameplay elements tossed in.

Daverost
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Daverost » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:17 pm

It's actually pretty much exactly the same as [email protected], except there's no rhythm game with the performances (but you do still have to control it to boost your points) and there are no mini-games with the training.

But aside from that, the concept and execution is almost exactly the same. Just a more barebones on content (songs, costumes, idol selection, etc.).

But yeah, it's a sim. It's all about micromanaging every little thing and not really having a lot of active play. Also story.
I never got my avatars.
Still holding my breath for the other Marl Kingdom games.

Seventh
Netherworld Grand Duke
Netherworld Grand Duke

Postby Seventh » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:26 pm

Daverost wrote:Just a more barebones on content (songs, costumes, idol selection, etc.).

Hence why I said "isn't a great example of" rather than "isn't one at all."

Daverost wrote:It's all about micromanaging every little thing and not really having a lot of active play. Also story.

This is honestly something I haven't seen or even heard much of about this one, since the actual management and managing part is the whole thing with these kinds of games. Most people just talk about the interactions and whatnot being the core of the game rather than actual management and I didn't see much real managing or decision making at all in the gameplay videos I watched, though I would have to guess that's in part probably due to the apparently low difficulty of the game, maybe? Ah well. Maybe it got better, too!

Return to “Hyperdimension Neptunia: Producing Perfection”